Jackson/Jack Son

Jackson MS IS likely because Ben Perkins' family lives there. He was born in Vicksburg MS, which is one town over . I really think Perkins had a much larger role than we have explored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good catch! I also google mapped it and Jackson, Mississippi is only a 4 hour drive from Longview, TX. I don't know if that makes it more or less likely she had some connection there.

Hmm..so I just did some research on the Ben Perkins Jr who died in 2013--nevermind. I needed to dig deeper before posting.

There is an obit for him but I can't find it

Could it be possible that Jack is FLEK's son? It looks like it is the word Jack, then a dot then the word son. Also could it be the number 8 in front of the word Jack, possibly meaning her son Jack was 8 at the time the note was written? Just a thought.

Could it be possible that Jack is FLEK's son? It looks like it is the word Jack, then a dot then the word son. Also could it be the number 8 in front of the word Jack, possibly meaning her son Jack was 8 at the time the note was written? Just a thought.

Considering what we know of LEK & some of the theories tossed out, it's as good a guess as any.

I'm not 100% convinced it's actually a 'J' at the beginning of the word. All the other 'J's have a fairly obvious hook I guess you could say. I'm wondering whether it's actually 'H'. Hackson/Hack.son. You know when you're reading something and copying it down but not actually looking at what you're writing? Particularly when you're doing it quickly? That's the impression I get looking at this particular part of the note. There's a 'H' written underneath the 'son' part. Could this be a clarification?

I'm new here, first time posting. I am a former resident of Leonard, TX, but did not know LEKR. I just recently stumbled upon this due to my sister who still lives in the area. I just pulled up Mr. Perkins's obituary on a previous post from back in June. The first thing that jumped out at me was down the page on another gentleman's services: Jackson. As in Mississippi. Forgive me if this has been mentioned already. I'm still going through the posts. Fascinating!

*All opinions are totally my own. *

Ben Perkins was born in Vicksburg, MS which is the next town over going West toward TX from MS from Jackson. His brother and many other family members live in Jackson. I have said MANY times Ben Perkins is a very important link in this case.

I'm new here, first time posting. I am a former resident of Leonard, TX, but did not know LEKR. I just recently stumbled upon this due to my sister who still lives in the area. I just pulled up Mr. Perkins's obituary on a previous post from back in June. The first thing that jumped out at me was down the page on another gentleman's services: Jackson. As in Mississippi. Forgive me if this has been mentioned already. I'm still going through the posts. Fascinating!

Do you or your sister know anyone involved in the Texas Business Women's group???

Do you or your sister know anyone involved in the Texas Business Women's group???
I did not. I moved from the area in 1998. I will, however, check with my sister. That's been many years ago, of course, but I'm still racking my brain, trying to recall if I knew any of these people from the community. Meaning the Ruffs. I'm coming up empty at the moment, but there's still this nagging in my mind there. I'm following another case on WS that's in the area of Texas where I live now, but I'm trying to catch up here so I can follow along. I'll get back to you on the TBW group.

Ben Perkins was born in Vicksburg, MS which is the next town over going West toward TX from MS from Jackson. His brother and many other family members live in Jackson. I have said MANY times Ben Perkins is a very important link in this case.

I spent tonight digging a bit on him and I agree. Have you ever looked into a few of the businesses associated with his name and address?

There is a Lake Jackson, Texas. In Lake Jackson Texas, there is a Tax Office called Jackson Hewitt Tax Service.

Im doubtful that is anything, but I just thought it would be better to point it out, then someone with mad sleuthing skills could decide if that's something worth following up, cause i'm a newbie.

There was some business that was horse or unicorn.. I can't remember..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back