Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, JBean. I bet it's true too.

I hate weekends as far as news goes.....

Thanks for the info, JBean. I bet it's true too.

I hate weekends as far as news goes.....
I am surprised that it was on the local CBS2 Chicago news and they said they were working with the Naperville Sun, yet neither site has this info.

I am Illinois and the local news just reported that an unamed source from LE has told a media source that a tarp that tested positive for Lisa's blood was found in the back of her dh's truck.
They will neither confirm or deny.But it looks from the news as though this may be true IMO.
I do not know if this informations has been posted, so i will catch up and delete if this has been reported.

This is from a newscast. I cannot support it any way except that this is what they reported on the news.
Oh man! I'd say LE is closer to making an arrest. He won't be able to deny blood on a tarp in his truck.

I imagine it's just interns working the weekend shift!

Should be interesting to see if any of the other members here know about what you heard.

Some of the interesting local cases here get hardly any news coverage and then a few months later it's a DATELINE episode. Go figure.

I'll keep checking the local news and see if I hear anything.

I've googled the news sites also and have found nothing. Maybe this latest news will be in the Sunday addition of the newspapers.

Stebic Blood Found In Husband's Vehicle

Authorities Acknowledge Lisa Stebic Might Be Victim of Foul Play

CBS) Plainfield, Ill. There's a new lead in the disappearance of Lisa Stebic; it comes as friends and families mark the missing woman's birthday.

CBS 2's Northwest Indiana Bureau Chief Pamela Jones reports on what detectives found in Plainfield.

The Naperville Sun is quoting an unnamed police source saying police found a tarp in Craig Stebic's truck which has tested positive for his wife Lisa Stebic's blood.

more:

The Naperville Sun is reporting that a tarp investigators confiscated from Stebic's home as evidence has tested positive for Lisa Stebic's blood and that evidence sparked a judge to approve a search warrant on the home executed Monday.

"It's extremely painful and difficult," said Mark Greenberg Lisa Stebic's cousin. We've been contacting and discussing what's been going on with police. We've asked them to tell as much as they can to us without jeopardizing the investigation. This is news to us."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_139213821.html

muuuuuuu What I feared, but felt as true, is most likely correct. The dh didn't want to loose her or the kids or he didn't want to pay child support.:sick:

muuuuuuu What I feared, but felt as true, is most likely correct. The dh didn't want to loose her or the kids or he didn't want to pay child support.:sick:
I am anxious to see if it is confirmed. A bloody tarp would be conclusive and these cases need "conclusive" to get convictions.

Jbean,
Isn't it odd that another missing wife's blood is on a tarp? Wasn't there some speculation that Laci P.'s blood may have been on her husbands tarp?

Jbean,
Isn't it odd that another missing wife's blood is on a tarp? Wasn't there some speculation that Laci P.'s blood may have been on her husbands tarp?
IMO, it is just one of the things that can contain a dead body, especially a bloody one . I think tarps are standard equipment.
As Taximom refernced, the tarp with Laci was cleaned with gasoline, IIRC.

Thanks JBean :)

I was afraid they wouldn't get forensics or be able to find her if Craig did kill her. I thought he may have strangled her when he sent the kids out but if blood is correct I wonder how he killed her? How much blood? When did LE confiscate the tarp? The first time he allowed the search?

Someone who says they know Lisa and Craig posted on ctv saying Lisa also was the outdoor type where she and Craig took the kids fishing, camping, etc. so I thinkhe'll say that's how it got there. I don't think he shot her because there are a lot of houses in close proximity.

Hi JBean~ Thank you for reporting live from Chicago with the up to the minute news on this case! :)

Stay safe!

This latest development isn't looking very good for Lisa's safe return home. Very very sad.

Thanks JBean :)

I was afraid they wouldn't get forensics or be able to find her if Craig did kill her. I thought he may have strangled her when he sent the kids out but if blood is correct I wonder how he killed her? How much blood? When did LE confiscate the tarp? The first time he allowed the search?

Someone who says they know Lisa and Craig posted on ctv saying Lisa also was the outdoor type where she and Craig took the kids fishing, camping, etc. so I thinkhe'll say that's how it got there. I don't think he shot her because there are a lot of houses in close proximity.
At this point the blood stained tarp has not been officially confirmed. I hope that it is, because I would really like iron clad evidence to condemn this dude if he did it. I will watch the morning news and update what I hear.

Hi JBean~ Thank you for reporting live from Chicago with the up to the minute news on this case! :)

Stay safe!
Hi Liz. I just happen to be visiting here and so, it is the top news story.
I leave tomorrow...so I can only watch tomorrow and see what becomes of this possible lead. Bloody tarp would be very helpful.

On another note..a 3 yo boy was reported missing near Lake Michigan at the top of the newscast. by the time the news was over, they had located him!

I feel that Lisa did not know in advance that her ex's project would be over May 1 and he could be home for a few weeks, and as soon as she found out worked up the filing. There was no way she could be safe at home with him there all the time. That I believe explains the timing of sending the paperwork to her lawyer the day she disappeared, April 30.

From all available information, the day was normal other than that. Lisa left work, dropped by a sub shop where she was a weekly regular to pick up a sandwich, and would normally from there pick up her son at 3:30 from the elementary school.

The ex arrived home as normal around 5:40. It appears to me that when Lisa did leave the house at 4:00 as reported by neighbors, it was with the kids after they got home from school to go to the counseling for them and herself, or to see friends with them, as has been reported.

When she went to the gym, she was said to be there from about 6 to closing at 8:30, about three or four nights a week. This would be waiting with the kids till the ex got home, then leaving for the gym.

On Monday, there is the issue of timing when the ex got home. He obviously sent the kids away to a store that Lisa would never have allowed to get them out of the way, but he would have to do this without Lisa knowing and before Lisa could leave. My guess is he went inside, checked that she was in her bedroom or something, then gathered the kids and sent them on their way.

I see no possibility of him being able to find out she sent the paperwork off that day after coming home from work. She would virtually have to announce it to him when he walked in the door. Even if they were barely speaking about domestic requirements, she wouldn't do that.

I also think that Monday, April 30, was in a way a last chance for him to do this while being in a somewhat normal situation. The next day would be the last day to go to work for awhile. Were she to disappear even one day later, he would be at home without even having the appearance of going to work.

That would be very suspicious for her to disappear with him being at home not working. So Monday evening was the last chance.

I'm sure he strangled her, wrapped her in something, and hid her, to take her later that night and dump her body. Then no doubt he was in the backyard when the children got home, and their mother would be gone as normal for the evening. There would be no alarm from them.

I do see the last day of the job he was on of May 1 as being the catalyst for both her filing for his eviction and his decision to end her life. If not directly knowing about her preparing paperwork to file, he probably sensed it coming. But I do think he thought he stopped her in time.

Reviewing the details of Lisa's disappearance sadly brings to mind Chandra Levy's disappearance. The dates of April 30, an evening at the gym, and disappearance on May 1 are sadly the same.

Only Chandra did make it to the gym, and Lisa didn't.

rd

Yep it is. You can really feel the pain of this family.

God bless 'em --- they've done a tremendous job at getting Lisa's name and face out there in the national media.

Appreciate you keeping us posted, JBean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie