A Walk in Weleetka

I firmly believe the people responsible are local. No one could find their way in there without knowing exactly where they were going. I couldn't believe how close the house was to the road, and how close the driveway was to the memorial site. Unbelievable. I cried imagining how close to home they really were.......only a couple more minutes to safety.

I am so very proud of each of you for making this trip.:blowkiss:

Taylor and Skyla forever on my mind.

We all talked about the unbelievable feeling of peace we felt in that place. I will talk more about my other impressions on the psychic thread.

Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were two young girls who were full of life and promise. They loved animals and they adored the stars of High School Musical. They were involved in cheerleading and sports at school. They had family and friends who loved them very much. One day on a country road near Weleetka, Oklahoma, their hopes and dreams were snuffed out. On June 8, 2008, an unspeakable crime was committed when these sweet girls were gunned down.

A group of us came together here at Websleuths. We discussed, delved into, and cried over this crime. Skyla and Taylor have become our girls, the children of our hearts. On November 8, exactly five months from that fateful date, we made a pilgrimage to that lonely back road in rural Oklahoma and took that same walk that was the last walk of our girls on this earth.

We did this, not only to honor their memory, but also to bring attention back to this case that seems to be slowly growing cold. We did this, because in expressing our love for Taylor and Skyla, we found love for each other.

Here is the link to the video on Channel 8 in Oklahoma.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1108/568263.html

Here is a big :blowkiss: and hug for all of you! I am so proud of each one of you. I am so glad that each one of you have such heartfelt memories to share. I would have loved to have been there with you all. It shows the tremendous carrying, compassion and love you all have in your hearts.

Now I have so many questions.:)

How long did you all get to stay?
Did you get to stay overnight and have dinner or breakfast together?
Did the Whitakers or Plackers know that you came?
Did you contact the media or did they find out after you came?
Did you place anything for the girls at the memorial site?

How long did it take each of you to return home?

LOL Sorry but you know Sister Sleuthers want to know all the scoop...:clap:

Again, I am so glad you have created lifelong memories and are helping keep Taylor and Skyla's memory alive.

Ocean

Here is a big :blowkiss: and hug for all of you! I am so proud of each one of you. I am so glad that each one of you have such heartfelt memories to share. I would have loved to have been there with you all. It shows the tremendous carrying, compassion and love you all have in your hearts.

Now I have so many questions.:)

Again, I am so glad you have created lifelong memories and are helping keep Taylor and Skyla's memory alive.

Ocean

Thank you for your kind words. I went from Thursday night to Sunday night. Yes, we all stayed together at a hotel and shared many meals together. Our favourite meal had to be chicken fried steak at the Roundup!! What a hoot.

Yes, the families were aware that we made the trip. After the media left we met with the Plackers. Boots contacted her friend in the media and was able to arrange the coverage. I think they did a beautiful job!

We all placed something special at the site. Special thanks to Ruflossen for the beautiful memorial plaque which she had engraved with the girls name on it. One beautiful thing I feel I can share with you all........Peter Placker knows each and every item placed at that memorial. He was able to identify a pouch which contained two lucky pennies placed by ArizonaGiGi. That was something else. She hung it on a branch and he knew it was there. :)

Hi Ocean! Thanks! Yes, we definitely brought things to leave at the memorial. I left two magazines about High School Musical 3, because the girls loved Zac and Vanessa so much!

I flew into Tulsa on Friday and left Sunday.

How wonderful! I wish I could have joined you all. I had chills when I watched the video. This is a very powerful testament to the impact Skyla and Taylor have had on all of us. Thanks to all who made this emotional trip to memorialize these girls and keep awareness of this case alive. Hugs to you all...:clap:matilda

If you had chills watching it, imagine being there? I know in my heart I will never forget one moment of this trip.

I have to add that I'm having the blues today. Being there made it so much more real to me! I'm feeling the loss of these precious girls with so much more intensity!

I agree CC. Everywhere we turned, there were signs of the girls. Donation boxes, Crimestoppers posters, they were everywhere. It was so beautiful to see.

I think the girls were with us on Saturday afternoon. I felt at peace, something I was not expecting. It is so hard to explain.

Thank you, Ocean...it was a memory making experience. I'll try to answer some of your questions:

Members started arriving Thursday night. Our visit to the site was on Saturday and lasted at least 4 or 5 hours.

Yes. I'm fairly close and had to work; however, we had lunch together on Friday and the group events continued through Sunday.

We all ate together after we toured the site Saturday evening.

I don't know about the Whitakers - but, the Plackers did - more info on that soon.

We were hesitant to make this a media event but decided at the last minute to ask them to join us.

Yes, many special things. I think each member should describe what they took and why.

It took me less than an hour. lol Individuals can share details if they choose.

I, personally, am so anxious to share with all of of you some of the special moments of our trip. It was truly blessed by God. Awesome!!:blowkiss:

Missing Sarah - thank you so much for meeting us. Please tell your mother how much I enjoyed her - she is such a joy to be around and I am so thankful she could share the day with us.
There were many blessings given to each of us on the trip - it turned out far better than any of us could possibly hope for - I am still stunned at the events and how they unfolded - blessed is the best way to describe it.
An incredible group of people united for an unimaginable journey - all because of our two precious girls. We established friendships and memories to last a lifetime. We have much to share and will do so in the near future.

Missing Sarah - thank you so much for meeting us. Please tell your mother how much I enjoyed her - she is such a joy to be around and I am so thankful she could share the day with us.
There were many blessings given to each of us on the trip - it turned out far better than any of us could possibly hope for - I am still stunned at the events and how they unfolded - blessed is the best way to describe it.
An incredible group of people united for an unimaginable journey - all because of our two precious girls. We established friendships and memories to last a lifetime. We have much to share and will do so in the near future.

AF, you could not have said it better!! I think we are all still in another world right now. I think most of us need time to process all the events of the past several days. Not only did we fulfill our dream of paying our respects at the memorial, but we also made forever friendships. Who knew it could turn out to be more than we could have ever imagined.

Missing Sarah, I also wanted to say how much I loved your mom. She is such a cutie!!! Please let her know how much we all appreciated her sharing in our journey.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hey travelers,

I am so happy for each of you who met in OK. Websleuths is my 1st experience participating in an online forum & I am constantly amazed at the attachments we posters make. Your group certainly took it to a new level. ..... The news video is great & hopefully brought new attention that these murders have not been solved.

I am anxious to read more about your meeting & visit with the Placker's..... details please!!! Meanwhile, I am trying to match nicknames, names & faces from the video. If you'll PM me & tell me which person you are, I'll be able to score my match-ups.

Again, I am just so excited that you guys actually made the trek. Maybe next time i'll join you there..... I'd really like to be sitting in the courtroom the day the murderer is sentenced!

Should any of you wish to email a thank you to the individuals responsible for the news story - just select Jerry Giordano and Yvonne Harris on the link below. They treated us and our girls' story with such respect and care.

http://www.ktul.com/news/talentbios.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back