GUILTY VA - Jean Smith, 25, shot to death, Isle of Wight County, 17 April 2015

Please remove if not okay...

I can't figure out how to do photos, but this is her Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/homegrownjerseygirl

She posted a pic of 9mm Lugar bullets she got as a gift in one of her posts. And in another post asked if anyone wanted to go shooting. Since the area where she was found is a hunting spot, I wonder if she and a friend could have gone out there to shoot... Just thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Body found in Isle of Wight identified as Hampton woman, officials say
by Johanna Somers

A body found in Isle of Wight County Friday has been identified as a Hampton woman, according to officials.

The autopsy performed by the medical examiner identified the woman as Jean Marie Smith, 25, with a last known residence on Patriot Crescent in Hampton, an Isle of Wight Sheriff's Office news release states.

Preliminary results of the autopsy show that she died from a gunshot wound, it states.

Previously - April 18, 1:22 p.m.

The Isle of Wight County Sheriff's Office is now investigating the body of a woman found Friday as a homicide. The determination was made after consultation with the medical examiner, an updated news release issued Saturday states.

She posted a pic of 9mm Lugar bullets she got as a gift in one of her posts. And in another post asked if anyone wanted to go shooting. Since the area where she was found is a hunting spot, I wonder if she and a friend could have gone out there to shoot... Just thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, THAT'S interesting.

Under her FB friends it doesn't seem there's one with the same last name as her. I wonder if she was distant from family. It says she's single.

This is so sad, looking through her FB she had been working on losing weight, she'd lost 60+ lbs. I hope her killer is found soon.

I guess no one reported her missing? It would seem that she would at least have a job or something. So sad.

It looks like she has a cousin that has started a donation account to pay for her funeral. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks like she has a cousin that has started a donation account to pay for her funeral. [emoji17]

Is there a way to contact the cousin through the donation account to let him/her know about Virginia's fund to help pay for funerals of victims of crime. I believe it was stated on AJ's thread that they will pay up to $25,000 in funeral costs.

I keep thinking about this girl, so close to AJ even searches for AJ close to where Jean was found. Isle of Wight popped up many times in that case, I have to wonder if there is a connection, or just a sad coincidence. :(

Is there a way to contact the cousin through the donation account to let him/her know about Virginia's fund to help pay for funerals of victims of crime. I believe it was stated on AJ's thread that they will pay up to $25,000 in funeral costs.
It looks like the cousin has gotten resources for victim benefits from a couple people per the above link (reading in the comments).

Every time I am interested in a crime, it remains unsolved. I hope this does not happen this time.

Audio to text, so we can see it and decipher the original broadcast.
It looks like they have several "leads" in the case although I have not yet seen any new information about a motive or any further details on where she was found.
Who what when where how and why?

http://www.13newsnow.com/videos/new...-woman-foundkilled-in-isle-of-wight/26022837/

Brian Farrell: Tonight, sheriffs deputies in Isle of Wight county say, a woman found killed, yesterday, was a former sailor. Investigators say, she was twenty-five year old Jean Marie Smith, from Hampton. Marcella Robertson spoke with neighbors, as deputies follow several leads in the case. Marcella.
Marcella R.: Smith was a former Navy sailor who lived in Hampton. Deputies say, she was honorably discharged in 2011. Investigators are working to figure out, why someone would do this to her. Neighbors say, things like this never happen in that area.
Alvin Edwards: Been here about thirty years. My wife and I raised our youngest child here. Nothing like this ever happened. Not here. This is a quiet area.
Marcella R.: That's why Alvin Edwards can't believe the area just behind his home is where a hunter found a woman's body, Friday. Sheriffs deputies say they've identified that woman as twenty-five year old Jean Marie Smith, of Hampton.
Alvin Edwards: Real scary.
Marcella R.: Friday, investigators gave a description of Smith, in hopes of identifying her. They say, she was found wearing a Navy [hoodie], like this one and had a Hawaiian phrase tattooed above her right ankle. Preliminary autopsy reports show, the former sailor was shot. Neighbors say, they saw investigators combing the area, around these woods, where her body was found. Investigators are continuing to follow leads, in this case. Neighbors, who are feeling uneasy, are hoping for answers.
Alvin Edwards: I hope they find out what happened.
Marcella R.: We're working to find out more about the victim. Investigators are asking anyone, with any information, in this case, to call the crime line.

Video Transcript by rev.com. I love this s/w app, it helps me so much to see comments in black and white. :)

I find it weird that people on her FB page hasnt mentioned anything about her passing but her cousin. [emoji17]

sincer her military tour was cut short it seems (2 years is way too short of a contract) she may have had some issues that rendered her unfit for military duty. i wonder if she struggled any psychological battles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back