Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All blaming aside...we need to figure out what happened to Jacob because a lawyer will tell him to keep his mouth closed this time too. I think Daniel will need a visitor in an unsupervised room with the cameras turned off to get a full confession out of him. At this point figuring out what happened to Jacob trumps any justice that could be lost in the process of getting the confession in a way that's frowned upon.

I don't think anyone cares about a confession or how it is obtained or whether it will hold up in a court of law, Patty just wants to know where he is. DH is already locked up and will be for quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly... but it will take a full confession with all the details and from what I've seen it's not going to come easy with him.

I don't think anyone cares about a confession or how it is obtained or whether it will hold up in a court of law, Patty just wants to know where he is. DH is already locked up and will be for quite some time.

Agreed. The important thing now is finding Jacob. At the time of DJH's first interrogation, however, they were probably thinking about getting a confession in order to prosecute. (In answer to the notebook's post above).

I think FBI was hoping to interrogate him and get information or a confession from him. They didn't really have enough evidence at that point that would allow them any hope of a conviction based on evidence alone. When he got a lawyer they had to let him go, but they didn't stop investigating him. According to his own account they followed him for months; he even grew a beard because of it.

Basically, the lawyer wouldn't allow questioning of him and they (FBI, LE) were not ready to take the case to court.

That's my take.

Then, when Kevin's information came along LE second-guessed themselves and took the investigation in another direction. What I wonder is WHY they assumed the car Kevin was driving caused THE TRACKS that they had already connected to DJH's car?? It seems like a lot of assumptions were made... like "now we know Kevin was there, that must have been who DR saw pulling around in the driveway, oh boy the abductor must have been on foot". It really was not investigated very thoroughly at that point, imo.

I think LE trying to use Kevin as an excuse is just not reasonable. Kevin did not come forward until 2003. What was LE doing over the thirteen years in between that prevented them from reevaluating DJH once the huge influx of leads ended with nothing else coming up?

I think LE trying to use Kevin as an excuse is just not reasonable. Kevin did not come forward until 2003. What was LE doing over the thirteen years in between that prevented them from reevaluating DJH once the huge influx of leads ended with nothing else coming up?
Yes, completely unreasonable. It seems like it was just a handy excuse to take the investigation another direction.

At the risk of sounding naive...even after Kevin came forward and there was an accounting for his tire prints at the abduction scene. Wouldn't that have still left the perps (Heinrich's) tire prints at the scene of the crime, unaccounted for?

Based on this, I don't understand why LE would discount a vehicle being used in the abduction?

At the risk of sounding naive...even after Kevin came forward and there was an accounting for his tire prints at the abduction scene. Wouldn't that have still left the perps (Heinrich's) tire prints at the scene of the crime, unaccounted for?

Based on this, I don't understand why LE would discount a vehicle being used in the abduction?

Agreed, especially when they already had tires that matched other prints left and knew those belonged to DJH. So....what was his excuse for having his tire prints on the driveway, regardless if Kevin was also there???

Not to mention Kevin's tire tracks didn't have any footprints leading to or from them since he or his girlfriend didn't get out of the vehicle...unlike Heinrich's. Of the two the ones with the footprints beside them would've made the most sense to me. Head scratcher for sure.

I think LE should soon announce a big new search for Jacob's remains and/or belongings. They should invite the public and especially all property owners to get involved with the search. I know it's a slim chance that Jacob would be found, especially if he was buried or sunk in a body of water but he certainly won't be found without another search or a confession. I wonder if Jacob was shot because he did not run away! Maybe Heinrich assaulted him and then told him to run and not look back. Jacob could have been traumatized to the point of not being able to run away. I think this is a possibility and if so that Jacob could possibly still be found somewhere, probably a densely wooded area.

Maybe something will turn up since it is deer hunting season. DJH is in jail, so if he did put Jacob in the woods, he is not around to make sure no one finds him. Maybe every hunting season DJH protected a certain area. Would hunters have noticed him? Just a though.

Maybe something will turn up since it is deer hunting season. DJH is in jail, so if he did put Jacob in the woods, he is not around to make sure no one finds him. Maybe every hunting season DJH protected a certain area. Would hunters have noticed him? Just a though.

I hadn't thought of that but it could be. Maybe they should/will check his google earth history, if he has one. Kind of a virtual way to revisit the scene of the crime. He likes to keep souveniers but so far none pertaining to Jacob have been found. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't relive the assault through visiting the scene via his computer.

Sigrun, what do you make of Shane Ball's comment (under oath, I assume) that upon reviewing the case he couldn't understand why they weren't still looking at DJH.

This was during DJH's hearing last week. http://www.twincities.com/localnews...ling-person-interest-appears-court?source=pkg

Well, I have to agree that all roads point to the conclusion that they had the right guy from the beginning, had considerable evidence of that fact, did nothing about it, then also proceeded to inexplicably conceal this information about this one POI in particular, of all the others, from the public. If this is a mistake its two huge ones on top of each other. If the public had simply known about the warrants and other details back in 1990 everyone watching the case would have put 2 and 2 together in, like, 5 minutes.

I think LE should soon announce a big new search for Jacob's remains and/or belongings. They should invite the public and especially all property owners to get involved with the search. I know it's a slim chance that Jacob would be found, especially if he was buried or sunk in a body of water but he certainly won't be found without another search or a confession. I wonder if Jacob was shot because he did not run away! Maybe Heinrich assaulted him and then told him to run and not look back. Jacob could have been traumatized to the point of not being able to run away. I think this is a possibility and if so that Jacob could possibly still be found somewhere, probably a densely wooded area.

I think they should use synthetic aperture radar from aircraft (you can do that now) over areas similar to the area where JS was taken. Given all the money and time spent on this case, this would be a drop in the bucket.

Not to mention Kevin's tire tracks didn't have any footprints leading to or from them since he or his girlfriend didn't get out of the vehicle...unlike Heinrich's. Of the two the ones with the footprints beside them would've made the most sense to me. Head scratcher for sure.

"Kevin's" car (remember, this guy was presented to us by government agencies and his true identity is still not known) has been a red herring all along. We discussed this before, but the reason why tracks were left in the first place was because the car pulled to the side. Going straight up the driveway a car travels over the compacted section of roadway and doesn't leave tracks as well. Only when you pull over into softer soil does it leave tracks. So, it is no surprise "Kevin's" tracks were not left because he didn't pull over 75 yards in. They've known this from the beginning, so I'm not sure why there ever was any confusion between "Kevin's" tracks and any others that showed up on the side of the road (like the POI's). And the tracks they did find where grossly incompatible with "Kevin's", so clearly, they had the right car and tracks.

I think they should use synthetic aperture radar from aircraft (you can do that now) over areas similar to the area where JS was taken. Given all the money and time spent on this case, this would be a drop in the bucket.

I am not familiar with that. I don't know much about the searching that was done at the time. I know it was extensive, but how much so? Wonder if they looked in abandoned homes? Old wells? The car was so small and had no backseat. There had to be another place where Heinrich assaulted or intended to assault. IMO. Maybe a wooded area, but perhaps a dwelling of some type.

The TV station knew about Heinrich. Seems like a lot of people would know about him then, but it never came out in public.

The arrest everyone thought was Hollinger in fact was DJH. Where did the Hollinger red herring come from and why??

I am not familiar with that. I don't know much about the searching that was done at the time. I know it was extensive, but how much so? Wonder if they looked in abandoned homes? Old wells? The car was so small and had no backseat. There had to be another place where Heinrich assaulted or intended to assault. IMO. Maybe a wooded area, but perhaps a dwelling of some type.

It was extensive. It may be in ELOC's book. They walked side by side.

They were watching for vulture activity.

I imagine that DJH must be somewhat smarter than I though when he was announced because of computer skills although young children are great o the computer.

Did he plan out his next assault as to where he was going to bring the child? He he sure is gutsy though . He did not appear to have a fear of getting caught. The assaults he did were very brazen

Yea, it wasn't available until just a few years ago. There is a seismic analog to this used in ponds and lakes. In the last couple of years LE has been experimenting with it and have even found people and cars in water that had been missing for decades. Anyway, it can distinguish between bone and Earth. It started with archaeologists about 10 years ago using it to find buried artifacts (and bone). It is available commercially now.

Yes, I think wooded areas consistent with the kind of area JS was taken. It would only take a few days to do the search. Searching above ground is unlikely to work, I think, given how long its been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa