Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcomeback: to all of us. Finally.

Great to see posters have returned, to hopefully see some justice for Reeva,

I'm with this live feed, anyone else got a better one?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...torius-faces-sentencing-hearing-at-high-cour/

KMaughan doesn't appear to be tweeting, BB is though

Defence will start proceedings. Expect psych reports and evidence to shows he's remorseful and rehabilitated.
Barry and June Steenkamp are here. OP’s brother, father, two uncles, three aunts and other relatives too. BB
Steenkamp’s cousin Kim Marten is also here. She testified during culpable homicide sentencing. BB
prosecutor Andrea Johnson and another prosecutor are in court. No sign yet of defence team. BB
Hawks forensic expert Francois Moller is here. So is Chris Mangena. BB
the hope is that the sentence will be handed down by Friday.
#OscarPistorius could testify himself, but it's risky and unlikely. Will he submit himself to Nel cross-examination? BB

https://twitter.com/barrybateman/with_replies

Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa
Pistorius family member tells me they hope he will escape with a non-custodial sentence,which technically can happen due to degree of murder. "The facts haven't changed, they have just applied a different term (murder) to what happened," the #OscarPistorius family member said.

Outrageous. Presume that is Arnold.

Hi All & Cottonweaver,
I'm travelling & on iphone but will try to
watch online while trying to follow the thread here...because our commentary is the best, true. Incredibly curious about Masipa's new sentence and I also suspect a very dramatic Pistorius mitigation concerto later too. Thanks all for the posts to come!

From this CNN article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/13/world/oscar-pistorius-sentencing-hearing/index.html

A defense source told CNN that Pistorius is a "broken man," and they would have put him on the stand to defend himself, but he is psychologically incapable of it (we will have to wait and see if that turns out to be the case). It will be the first time the public gets a good look at Pistorius since sentencing part one. The defense will likely focus on the media coverage and public treatment of Pistorius as one of their arguments.
On the prosecution side, we may see a family member or close friend of Steenkamp brought as a witness in what could be a harrowing testimony
.[/I]

Seems like he won't be taking the stand.

Barry is supposed to be testifying and saying a final goodbye to Reeva.

Hi All & Cottonweaver,
I'm travelling & on iphone but will try to
watch online while trying to follow the thread here...because our commentary is the best, true. Incredibly curious about Masipa's new sentence and I also suspect a very dramatic Pistorius mitigation concerto later too. Thanks all for the posts to come!

Yes I have to go out shortly too,

if anybody fancies putting updates on the thread, most appreciated. ( I'll happily do some later when I return.)

I see both the Pros Psychologists are there with Nel.

Also the crying hugging psych is with the Defence . She is sat with another unfamiliar face - a Kgosi criminologist?

Anyone know who the 3 witnesses for each are?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 4m4 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius has entered… followed by 18 police officers. Seriously. BB

maybe it's Masipa who will need to come in with a phalanx not OP!

Andrea Johnson chatting to Oscar's psychologist from last trial, latter has been sat with legal team.

June is looking very relaxed and is smiling. Marc Batchelor is there too.

Aislinn Laing ‏@Simmoa
Pistorius family member tells me they hope he will escape with a non-custodial sentence,which technically can happen due to degree of murder. "The facts haven't changed, they have just applied a different term (murder) to what happened," the #OscarPistorius family member said.

Seems like the Pistorius family en masse, continue to be delusional & to think that the law doesn't really apply to them. Part of the OP 'problem' all along, methinks!
IMHO

Airing live on ABCNews24 for those in Australia .. Bring this on!

I am amazed that he was finally found guilty, I don't understand South African justice system at all, that's for sure, but glad it worked out in the end.

Morning to all from New Jersey ......let the games begin....

So once again Roux is tardy with getting his reports to the State. Deju vu all over again.

OUTRAGEOUS - witness expert report handed to Pros 10 mins ago

Masipa has nothing to say about that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members