Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could something have fell and hit him on the head causing injury/bleeding and even confusion, memory loss, etc?

Sent from my RCT6973W43 using Tapatalk

Yes - but then why does the blood trail stop, why would he take out his DL but leave his keys, and most importantly, where is he now?

I think I'm all caught up with y'all at this point. I will try to get on here more regularly. I've been really overwhelmed the past month or more with all the posts on FB and trying to keep up with things without getting super down. I was so good about it for the first month or two, but at this point seeing all the "praying" and comments like that only serve to make me sink lower.

I think I have a better handle on it now (not FB, that's still too much for me, but at least WS!). The thing I like about this site is that it's not all about feeling sad for our family. Y'all actually give it thought. Come up with new ideas. Ask new questions. I cannot express how much I appreciate that. PLEASE keep it up.

He's a large breed dog - maybe part mastiff?? I really don't know the breed. He was usually in the back yard, sometimes in the house, not typically out in the shop or just out in the front yard or rest of the property. I believe the dog was in the backyard when Becca got home.
Hmmm...a large breed dog. Mastiffs are huge if I'm not mistaken. If someone was going to hurt Papaw,
that dog would make me think twice. Unless, the perp or perps knew the dog. And knew he was harmless.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The pings were inconclusive, couldn't triangulate before the phone went dark.
This^^^has foul play written all over it. I assume LE has data on when phone activity went dark and are withholding that? Interesting detail.

I have only read bits and pieces of this thread previously until yesterday but have now started back to day 1 working my way through the data to gather fresher perspectives. I am about 50 miles from location and have a brother living there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pmerle00, the following is going to take a long winded path but in dealing with some problems my parents have had recently it has made me think of your Papaw.

My parents are elderly and live in a very rural setting and still trust everybody that shows up at their door, everybody that calls on their phone etc....despite my constant harping to trust no one ever, ever, ever!

My father had a man show up a few weeks ago asking if they needed anything done around their farm as he was looking for work and needed money as his family was in a bad situation and they were all starving. My dad is a kind man so he thought of several things the stranger could do like cutting down some dead trees for firewood. He paid the guy upfront for the trees (the amount the man asked for to complete the job since he had his very own chainsaws and tools with him) and took him to the back forty to the trees he wanted cut down and was surprised to check later to find the man was gone and no trees were cut. My dad's belief in humanity was dented but not destroyed yet. He thought surely the man had an emergency and got called on a cell phone and would be back.

A few weeks later the man showed up again and asked if there was anything else he could do for money and my dad promptly told him he could actually do what he paid him to do a few weeks ago. The man said well I did that so do you have anything else I could do. Dad said hmmm you did it already? Well then fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me so just go on and get out of here or go cut down those trees I already paid you for. The man left.

That night the doorbell rang at midnight and my mother who walks with a walker or rides in a wheelchair depending on how she feels couldn't wake my dad so she got up and went to the door. No one was there so she tried to go out into the yard calling is someone there but she couldn't get far with her walker and no one answered so she went inside and went back to bed. Thank God.

The next morning my father's truck was gone. They live in the middle of nowhere and he leaves the keys on the floorboard. It was found days later, many miles away, missing the tires, his tool box and a few other things from the cab, the transmission was blown and it was out of gas.

When the sheriff came that morning to write a report on the stolen truck he asked if anything strange had happened recently and dad said no. Dad called to tell me about the stolen truck and I said what about that guy that took your money weeks ago and then showed up again that morning. Dad said oh I forgot about him. Then I asked did anything strange happen that night and Dad said no. And then Mom said oh there was a knock on the door at midnight and I went outside and called but no one ever answered and Dad and I both said WHAT?

I can not tell you how upset I was to hear my invalid mother went to the door at midnight and tried to get off the porch into the yard with her walker because she was concerned someone was in trouble and needed help.

I am hopeful my parents are a bit less innocent at this point in time because when my father called the sheriff back with the guy's name he found out there are multiple warrants out for this man's arrest with several involving meth houses and an attempted murder and the guys wife has warrants too and those two are completely and totally bad news in many many ways. That guy's prints turned out to be all over their stolen truck.

My parents bad experience made me think of Papaw. I could easily see a stranger approaching him and asking for money for odd jobs and the situation going south from that point on. My dad has a workshop where he builds custom furniture and other handmade wood items as a hobby. He said that at one point he thought he would invite him in to help him run some lumber thru a planer but decided he didn't want the stranger in his private space but yet he showed him around and took him all over his property to the back end where the dead trees were. It can be foolhardy to be a big-hearted, decent person in this day and age.

I don't know if this will help in any way but I just wonder if someone stopped by with a "sad story" for Papaw and perhaps came back later or did something bad that first day. I still wonder why that creep knocked on my folks front door at midnight before stealing the truck. And I am thankful it took my mom a long time to reach the door. I think they were very lucky even though the truck was pretty much destroyed. I think they are very lucky to be alive.

So my question would be did anything strange happen in the days or weeks leading up to his disappearance. It may not have had any significance then as my father sure didn't think his experience had significance until much later and that was aided by my pointing it out. I thought my parents knew better but never truly realized they still see everyone...even total strangers as good people that mean them no harm.

God bless Papaw and I truly hope he is found safe and sound. Prayers for your entire family. I can not imagine how you all feel. I try to imagine it and I freeze up with dread and fear so I know what you feel must be 10,000 times worse. God bless you all.
Good to hear your parents were not harmed.

All I have after hopefully being caught up is...
If Pawpaw was considering dissapearing and did that day I don't see him going to the store first and buying makeup for his wife.
I'm sure there are many but I feel someone knew he was home alone that day and possibly knew he would be in the shop.
I don't think a stranger would be concerned with eveything being locked up. Perhaps someone related who had an interest/inheritance in the belongings in the house and shop.
Moo

I'm as mystified as everyone else is, and only wanted to add that perhaps Papaw could have had a sudden nosebleed, for whatever reason, and not an actual injury. That could explain a couple of things, but it sure wouldn't answer the bigger questions as to why he would not have used his phone to call someone for help, or why he left his wallet, or where the heck he could be. Many good ideas and avenues here.

…
Hi Pmerle00~ (~hug for you~)
I've been following this case since the beginning, being a (currently displaced) Texan, and I lived in DFW for several years (when Pawpaw was an active FF.)
I still have freinds/family in the surrounding area.
Anyway, as you mentioned there was a small pool of blood along with drops, which might indicate that he may have been immobile for a time.
Did you see the blood yourself?
If you saw it, were there any blood smears at all, from the pool of blood, or drops/spatters?
If Pawpaw were fully conscious, he would have avoided stepping in the blood; but if he had been dazed/staggering, or if there had been a scuffle, there would probably be smears in the blood.
I'm sure LE has fully analyzed it, but just wondering if you saw it (or photos of it) yourself.

btw, did the neighbors have any family/friends/guests staying with them at any time in the few months or so prior to Pawpaw's disappearance?

Also... a question to anyone:
can lab testing tell if the blood is from a bloody nose, rather than head, hand, leg, etc.? As in, can they/do they check if there is any nasal fluid mixed in the blood that was found? Or not?

Meanwhile, I still keep wondering if/how the missing TDL is connected.
Such strange circumstances all around.

This^^^has foul play written all over it. I assume LE has data on when phone activity went dark and are withholding that? Interesting detail.

I have only read bits and pieces of this thread previously until yesterday but have now started back to day 1 working my way through the data to gather fresher perspectives. I am about 50 miles from location and have a brother living there.

The phone pinged off of 2 towers, but not a third. Hunt County LE said it could have been a "bounce" instead of a location ping, but that they have no way of knowing which it was without a 3rd tower involved.

All I have after hopefully being caught up is...
If Pawpaw was considering dissapearing and did that day I don't see him going to the store first and buying makeup for his wife.
I'm sure there are many but I feel someone knew he was home alone that day and possibly knew he would be in the shop.
I don't think a stranger would be concerned with eveything being locked up. Perhaps someone related who had an interest/inheritance in the belongings in the house and shop.
Moo

I feel the same way. Why would he do something so thoughtful and then disappear? Unless it was out of guilt, maybe. But then still - what's with the blood, where did he go, why couldn't the dogs track him there, why take only his DL, hat and phone?

…
Hi Pmerle00~ (~hug for you~)
I've been following this case since the beginning, being a (currently displaced) Texan, and I lived in DFW for several years (when Pawpaw was an active FF.)
I still have freinds/family in the surrounding area.
Anyway, as you mentioned there was a small pool of blood along with drops, which might indicate that he may have been immobile for a time.
Did you see the blood yourself?
If you saw it, were there any blood smears at all, from the pool of blood, or drops/spatters?
If Pawpaw were fully conscious, he would have avoided stepping in the blood; but if he had been dazed/staggering, or if there had been a scuffle, there would probably be smears in the blood.
I'm sure LE has fully analyzed it, but just wondering if you saw it (or photos of it) yourself.

btw, did the neighbors have any family/friends/guests staying with them at any time in the few months or so prior to Pawpaw's disappearance?

Also... a question to anyone:
can lab testing tell if the blood is from a bloody nose, rather than head, hand, leg, etc.? As in, can they/do they check if there is any nasal fluid mixed in the blood that was found? Or not?

Meanwhile, I still keep wondering if/how the missing TDL is connected.
Such strange circumstances all around.

I saw the blood in the days after he went missing (I didn't know about it until Saturday and couldn't get there until Sunday). On Sunday, when I first saw it, it was dried. OVer the next couple of days, I can't remember what day because I didn't think it would matter... it was crystallizing. To me, that says that it was fresh on Friday and not from an old wound.

There are no drag marks or smears at all. The pool is made up of many gathered drops - not like he had been laying there or like it had dripped down his leg, more like it had fallen from a distance off his arm or ear or nose or something higher than his leg. The blood drops are like big splats (a little smaller than a quarter) - no direction or teardropping to them, straight down - all of them in the pool look that way and all of the ones on the way to the door do as well. The ones on the way to the door are more than 2 feet apart each, and stop completely about 3~ feet from the door. There are no drops on the concrete pad outside the shop, none on the deck surrounding the concrete pad, none in the dirt either.

I'm sure I'm not supposed to share all of that, but at this point, I don't care. Hopefully some of you are able to help given this information.

I hope someone can answer about testing whether the blood came from his nose or not, that would be interesting to know and at least might help eliminate something if it can't confirm it.

I saw the blood in the days after he went missing (I didn't know about it until Saturday and couldn't get there until Sunday). On Sunday, when I first saw it, it was dried. OVer the next couple of days, I can't remember what day because I didn't think it would matter... it was crystallizing. To me, that says that it was fresh on Friday and not from an old wound.

There are no drag marks or smears at all. The pool is made up of many gathered drops - not like he had been laying there or like it had dripped down his leg, more like it had fallen from a distance off his arm or ear or nose or something higher than his leg. The blood drops are like big splats (a little smaller than a quarter) - no direction or teardropping to them, straight down - all of them in the pool look that way and all of the ones on the way to the door do as well. The ones on the way to the door are more than 2 feet apart each, and stop completely about 3~ feet from the door. There are no drops on the concrete pad outside the shop, none on the deck surrounding the concrete pad, none in the dirt either.

I'm sure I'm not supposed to share all of that, but at this point, I don't care. Hopefully some of you are able to help given this information.

I hope someone can answer about testing whether the blood came from his nose or not, that would be interesting to know and at least might help eliminate something if it can't confirm it.

Hi, Pmerle,

This source says, yes, it can be determined if blood came from a nose bleed or another part of the body. See the first paragraph: https://books.google.com/books?id=W...ved=0ahUKEwizo4eJl77UAhWMMj4KHW2LBVcQ6AEIKTAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the neighbors like, did he interact with them much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel definite foul play here. The blood drops make me lean towards MC was shot and likely where the bunch were gathered. Being a FF, he could have covered the bleeding area with cloth/pressure quickly and stopping the blood as he got closer to the door and outside. He could have locked the door on his way out to attempt to protect the home and belongings. I think his hat and his phone were on his person. Now the DL, is puzzling, maybe proof of hit carried out, maybe MC grabbed DL in case he escaped and made it for him, maybe he feared for his life and wanted to make identification easier when found, or perp could have intended to make him go bank withdraw funds but something went wrong resulting in shooting.

Was his wallet dusted for blood and prints?

I think this is not random but someone in his inner circle who would benefit with him gone. Has anyone moved out of the area or changed vehicles? Anyone estranged? Anyone MC has a past with even if 30 years ago? Was MC political?

You said scent stopped at the road, hmm, getting in vehicle so it disappeared? Has the shop been thoroughly inspected for gun powder, bullet, bullet holes, etc? Can they search with dogs who sniff out gunfire residue?

I feel the same way. Why would he do something so thoughtful and then disappear? Unless it was out of guilt, maybe. But then still - what's with the blood, where did he go, why couldn't the dogs track him there, why take only his DL, hat and phone?
#Previously you said MC keeps his phone in his pocket.
#The missing dl may be a red herring. Perhaps he misplaced it earlier.
# The hat. I recall you saying he usually took it off while in the shop and that he had a place for it like everything else.

The missing hat indicates to me he put it on and was preparing to leave.

The blood drops sound as though he had either unknowingly cut himself or he had a nosebleed. He was on his way out of the shop when the bleeding began. It sounds as though he may have turned around and grabbed a towel to staunch the flow. After that, he left his shop.

The top lock (a deadbolt) was unlocked. This fits with him leaving w/out his keys. The lower push button lock was probably always on the lock position so the door locked as he closed it and left.

But where to then? You had mentioned he keeps the house locked while in the shop...so, he must have been unable to reenter the house or the shop for that matter. Whatever he used to stop the blood was never found?!

Phones and records were checked except for MC's if I'm not mistaken. So we don't know who he may have called or who may have called him.
There must be a way to get those records or at least the phone numbers called and or received on that day. I think that is imperative!

#Previously you said MC keeps his phone in his pocket.
#The missing dl may be a red herring. Perhaps he misplaced it earlier.
# The hat. I recall you saying he usually took it off while in the shop and that he had a place for it like everything else.

The missing hat indicates to me he put it on and was preparing to leave.

The blood drops sound as though he had either unknowingly cut himself or he had a nosebleed. He was on his way out of the shop when the bleeding began. It sounds as though he may have turned around and grabbed a towel to staunch the flow. After that, he left his shop.

The top lock (a deadbolt) was unlocked. This fits with him leaving w/out his keys. The lower push button lock was probably always on the lock position so the door locked as he closed it and left.

But where to then? You had mentioned he keeps the house locked while in the shop...so, he must have been unable to reenter the house or the shop for that matter. Whatever he used to stop the blood was never found?!

Phones and records were checked except for MC's if I'm not mistaken. So we don't know who he may have called or who may have called him.
There must be a way to get those records or at least the phone numbers called and or received on that day. I think that is imperative!

Maybe this. ^^^ Maybe he hurt himself, and accidentally locked himself out of the shop. He tried to get help, stopped a passing car, and it just so happened that it was the wrong kind of person who picked him up.

OR he wandered across the road to get help, only fell to the mercy of his injuries. Has across the road been checked? Maybe he walked down the pavement itself for a ways, and then crossed. The scents could have interface from passing vehicles and be masked.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Maybe this. ^^^ Maybe he hurt himself, and accidentally locked himself out of the shop. He tried to get help, stopped a passing car, and it just so happened that it was the wrong kind of person who picked him up.

OR he wandered across the road to get help, only fell to the mercy of his injuries. Has across the road been checked? Maybe he walked down the pavement itself for a ways, and then crossed. The scents could have interface from passing vehicles and be masked.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*
One of my neighbors usually has a key to my house in case I lock myself out. Not wanting to bother his wife at work, he went to the neighbor's house to get a key.

Or as you said above he went out on the road and ?

I keep meaning to suggest this but I'm hoping the ditches along that main roadway were searched. I remember reading this somewhere but someone said they were walking along the side of the road when a truck with those big side mirrors came along and inadvertently hit him. Luckily he was ok but what if something like that happened to PaPaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member