Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip-side, Lisa's parents have access to ALL the media they could possibly need. Just because I've not seen parents of other missing children plea for help does not mean they wouldn't live in front of the cameras given the chance. I've seen many parents beg for coverage. What are the chances they'd go into hiding upon receiving that wish?

With respect and JMO.

Just because they have access to all that media doesn't mean they are required to use it. If they went in front of the cameras everything single day with the missing child tshirts, crying and everything else, I'm pretty sure you would see reaction such as:

a) she's a drama queen
b) she's trying to hog the spotlight
c) etc...

Was there not a billboard in the local area that showed BL? Are there not signs posted with her picture everywhere?

Just because they have access to all that media doesn't mean they are required to use it. If they went in front of the cameras everything single day with the missing child tshirts, crying and everything else, I'm pretty sure you would see reaction such as:

a) she's a drama queen
b) she's trying to hog the spotlight
c) etc...

Was there not a billboard in the local area that showed BL? Are there not signs posted with her picture everywhere?

Given the behavior of DB in this case, not compared to any other, I question her actions. And I only use 'drama queen' to describe my daughter. :)

Brought over from the daily MSM thread for 11/16/11...no link yet for the GMA segment...

Originally Posted by Sigh Sister
Brief segment on GMA.

Nothing new reported. JT said again that DB/JI will not be answering any more questions from LE and that they've already answered every question 5 times.
Not directed at you, SS, just responding to what JT said.

GMAFB. Even every fool knows that since 10/4, and then 10/8, LE/FBI have come up with much info (no thanks to DB & JI) and evidence that they want to ask more questions about. (sorry, bad grammar)

And LE has said that they have questions about "who came and went" from the house, and those are amongst the questions that the parents refuse to answer. Plus they refuse to be interviewed separately.

I need a Valium. j/k, that was meant figuratively, IOW, DB and JI are making me wish I had a tranquilizer on hand!!!

bringing this over to the correct thread....

Originally Posted by yllek [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7356723#post7356723"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
Nope, cuz Tacopina says LE can submit questions to him and Picerno and they'll field answers from the parents. :rolleyes:

exactly! These people are supposed to be professionals at getting to information - one way or another. I'm embarrassed for them and their level of ability to get their job done.

How about we answer the questions a 6th time ...........mumble, mumble, words that would get me a TO.

From the MSM daily 11/16 thread:

yllek said:
LE or the lawyers?

Either way, we'll have to agree to disagree. The parents are not talking. They own the house, it's their child, the child went missing from the house, mom may or may not remember things about that night but is no longer answering questions... Tacopina and Picerno are doing the job that the parents are retaining them to do; defend them. The parents can go against the lawyers advice on behalf of their child at any time. I think the job that is being embarassingly carried out here is the job of the parents to put their childrens' best interests ahead of their own.

JMO and I'll go to the "parents aren't answering vital questions" thread before I get us in trouble!
Yet another (!) important post from you...

I admire your ability to drill down to the truth and express it so well. :heart:

We are on the same page. But you are reading ahead, LOL, and I appreciate that SO much!!! :heartbeat:

ETA: But wait...are you saying that the embarrassing job is being done by the attorneys? Becuz they are clearly not doing that job...IMO...neither DB nor JI...and none of their attorneys are apparently working for Lisa nor putting the children's interests ahead of their own.

kinda O/T

after todays events in the tyler dasher case that the mother has been arrested i hope DB and/or JI realise they will be caught....of course this is just my opinion that she's somehow involved.

IMO its just another example of a mother reporting her child missing and turns out they were guilty of harming their child.

they need get their fingers out their a$$ and start answering LE's questions :banghead: then maybe the investigation can proceed one way or another.

time for them to realize that lisa should be their number one priority and not themselves.:furious:

kinda O/T

after todays events in the tyler dasher case that the mother has been arrested i hope DB and/or JI realise they will be caught....of course this is just my opinion that she's somehow involved.

IMO its just another example of a mother reporting her child missing and turns out they were guilty of harming their child.

they need get their fingers out their a$$ and start answering LE's questions :banghead: then maybe the investigation can proceed one way or another.

time for them to realize that lisa should be their number one priority and not themselves.:furious:

Just spinning off of your post.

Poor little Tyler's case was eerily similar to BL's. He disappeared in the middle of the night out of his crib. There was a sighting of a man in a hoodie carrying a baby in the middle of the night. The ages of Tyler and BL. . . etc.

I'm starting to think the only difference here might be that they found little Tyler so quickly and that poor child gave up the evidence that LE needed to make an arrest. :(

In the mean time, it appears that the only people interested in finding BL are LE. Where are you BL???!!!! :cry:

Is it possible that the stalemate between JI/DB and KCPD/FBI could drag on forever if BL never turns up alive, there is no confession, and no body is ever found?

OR -- could JI/DB be arrested on a charge of "obstruction of justice" if they continue to ignore LE's request for separate interrogation sessions? I have no idea who/what agency would be able to bring such a charge. . . .possibly the DA?

MOO. TIA.

Is it possible that the stalemate between JI/DB and KCPD/FBI could drag on forever if BL never turns up alive, there is no confession, and no body is ever found?

OR -- could JI/DB be arrested on a charge of "obstruction of justice" if they continue to ignore LE's request for separate interrogation sessions? I have no idea who/what agency would be able to bring such a charge. . . .possibly the DA?

MOO. TIA.
The sad thing is, I don't think the stalemate will cease as long as JT is in the picture. How I wish they kept CS instead. I dont see JT as having anybody but his best interest in mind.

MOO. TIA.

I don't think they could face any charges for refusing to talk. Everyone has a right to remain silent, whether they're charged with a crime or not. Even if they're charged and taken to trial, it is their absolute right to take the 5th amendment on the stand and it is not to be held against them.

Imo, if the parents continue to refuse LE's requests for separate interviews and no big breaks in the case emerge, the best chance LE has to hear about goings on in the house in relation to the children (the night of the 3rd and all other nights) will come in civil/family court if Ms. Raim follows through with a custody suit. If Jeremy and/or Debbi refuse to answer questions about that night in the custody suit, it is my understanding that it will be a huge strike against them in retaining custody. The judge needs that information to determine the best interest of the chid. The testimony from the custody suit could then be used by LE in a possible criminal case against the parents. If Jeremy and Debbi take the 5th in civil/family court, Jeremy could end up losing custody of his son to the mother (or to someone else if the mother is deemed unfit), like Terri Horman did. Terri couldn't fight for custody of her daughter because she would have been required to answer questions and defend herself regarding her activities and behavior with the children and at the home, testimony which LE then could have used if they decided to charge her in relation to Kyron's disappearance.

ETA: It might well boil down to Jeremy and Debbi having to decide between answering some of the same questions LE wants answered in civil/family court OR continuing to refuse answering those questions and losing custody of the 8 year old boy.

JMO...

From the MSM daily 11/16 thread:

Yet another (!) important post from you...

I admire your ability to drill down to the truth and express it so well. :heart:

We are on the same page. But you are reading ahead, LOL, and I appreciate that SO much!!! :heartbeat:

ETA: But wait...are you saying that the embarrassing job is being done by the attorneys? Becuz they are clearly not doing that job...IMO...neither DB nor JI...and none of their attorneys are apparently working for Lisa nor putting the children's interests ahead of their own.

BBM.

No, I think the defense attorneys are doing what defense attorneys do: defending their clients using any means possible. I don't like some of the tactics and it makes me mad, but Debbi and Jeremy are their clients, not Lisa. I am saying that it is the parents who are doing an embarassing job in that they are not willing to do whatever it takes on behalf of Lisa; they are instead claiming that it's uncomfortable for them and they have nothing to contribute at this point. LE is busy trying to find Lisa. The defense attorneys are busy spinning, distracting, and defending. The parents are, well, busy doing nothing. JMO, MOO...

Defense attorneys work on behalf of their clients' wishes...I have to assume that the parents are on board with his stance against LE. JMO

The parents have options. Lisa has none. She is at the mercy of adults to find and save her. The last person known to have seen her was her mother. And mother doesn't want to subject herself to uncomfortable, upsetting LE interviews. I wonder what little Lisa has been subjected to the past 6 weeks, how uncomfortable and upsetting it must be for her.

Which is more difficult to bear - fear of having the finger pointed at you...or...the sheer panic and utter torment of wondering where your baby is, whether she's alive, whether she's being fed, changed, abused, tortured, crying for her mommy?

It's all about choices and priorities.

MOO. TIA.

The DA can bring charges of child neglect. The mother confessed to being drunk and leaving the children in the house unsupervised.

JMO.

I don't think they could face any charges for refusing to talk. Everyone has a right to remain silent, whether they're charged with a crime or not. Even if they're charged and taken to trial, it is their absolute right to take the 5th amendment on the stand and it is not to be held against them.

Imo, if the parents continue to refuse LE's requests for separate interviews and no big breaks in the case emerge, the best chance LE has to hear about goings on in the house in relation to the children (the night of the 3rd and all other nights) will come in civil/family court if Ms. Raim follows through with a custody suit. If Jeremy and/or Debbi refuse to answer questions about that night in the custody suit, it is my understanding that it will be a huge strike against them in retaining custody. The judge needs that information to determine the best interest of the chid. The testimony from the custody suit could then be used by LE in a possible criminal case against the parents. If Jeremy and Debbi take the 5th in civil/family court, Jeremy could end up losing custody of his son to the mother (or to someone else if the mother is deemed unfit), like Terri Horman did. Terri couldn't fight for custody of her daughter because she would have been required to answer questions and defend herself regarding her activities and behavior with the children and at the home, testimony which LE then could have used if they decided to charge her in relation to Kyron's disappearance.

ETA: It might well boil down to Jeremy and Debbi having to decide between answering some of the same questions LE wants answered in civil/family court OR continuing to refuse answering those questions and losing custody of the 8 year old boy.

JMO...

You are incorrect. Both parents did speak to LE. They did not invoke 5th and refuse to answer ALL questions. Whatever they said to LE can be used against them at trial.

Since JI and DB have steadfastly refused to answer questions LE have said will help them find Lisa, I seriously doubt either will answer questions in a custody matter involving their other children. Their priorities are themselves, not any of their children.

JMO

You are incorrect. Both parents did speak to LE. They did not invoke 5th and refuse to answer ALL questions. Whatever they said to LE can be used against them at trial.

Since JI and DB have steadfastly refused to answer questions LE have said will help them find Lisa, I seriously doubt either will answer questions in a custody matter involving their other children. Their priorities are themselves, not any of their children.

JMO

Sorry MyBelle - not sure I understand. I was saying that LE claims there are questions that the parents won't answer and that is the parents' right to refuse to do so. They haven't been charged with anything, so the 5th doesn't apply. They are simply exercising their right not to speak. But, if they are asked to testify in a custody case in civil court and some of those same questions are asked, they can either answer them or take the 5th, which could be held against them in regards to custody. JMO...

Maybe now that they are home, family and friends can talk some sense into them that JT is NOT looking out for them. They do need to talk no matter what he thinks. If they aren't responsible they need to answer some questions. If they are, the stress has to be killing them. Just talk already.

Defense attorneys work on behalf of their clients' wishes...I have to assume that the parents are on board with his stance against LE. JMO

People in litigation wouldn't need lawyers if the lawyers were there only to follow their instructions. Lawyers counsel on the meaning of the law, the applicability of the law to their situation and the best means of handling the problem. JT's advice is standard for a criminal defense lawyer. He has let these folks cooperate far more than many other defense lawyer would because JT sees that he is also representing them as victims of a crime. It is a difficult position.
We really do not know everything that is going on in the background in what is a very complex case. If it is ever solved, it is going to hold many surprises.
If DB had killed this child, it would have been solved as quickly as the tragic death of Tyler Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth