Kim Mallon - possible match?

I don’t think these two look anything alike.
1) KM has a very wide forehead, JD doesn’t.
2) KM’s eyebrows don’t have the peak that JD’s do.
3) KM has a point to her chin, which JD doesn’t have.
4) KM’s top lip turns up at the corner when she smiles, JD’s is straight in all her pix.
5) KM’s eyes have a downward slant, JD’s don’t.
6) KM has a shorter face from ear to chin than JD does.

Maybe others are seeing things I don't. But someone on ST comments posted a pic of a girl who looks to have lots of freckles and thinks she looks like JD. I just don't see it.

I agree, primarily, the first thing that stands out to me, is that the eyes are completely different, imo.

When browsing through the original Kim Mallon thread here, kpdx wrote in 2012:

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.

So, I just think the Lori connection is interesting but I will not try to connect with her on FB. I think maybe the Mods are better for that, no?

I tend to think that Mallon Resources and Kim Mallon are just a coincidence, albeit a strange one. OTOH I'm of the belief that no stone should be left unturned.
Just to give a quick timeline to the number: it is listed as being a CNA number in a publication quoted by Bookman, published in 1984. According to the state of Colorado Mallon Resources was incorporated in July of 1988.

Found some conflicting information, mrskeev.
Here is some info on Mallon oil from this site: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124

GEORGE O. MALLON, JR., Chief Executive Officer of Mallon Resources Corporation, began the original basis for the company in 1975-1977, by building an oil and gas exploration business, Mallon Oil Company, of which he was Founder, Chairman and CEO until 1989, when it was combined into Mallon Resources. His career began at IBM in 1966, when it was enjoined by an hiatus of combat duty in Vietnam, where he was a Captain in the United States Marine Corps (1966-1970) and subsequently received the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Presidential Unit Citation and Vietnamese Campaign Citation. Afterwards he worked in finance, accounting and sales at Monsners, Inc. (1970-1972); in international trade at the International Merchants National Bank (1972); in management and planning as Vice President of New Development at Bel Air Corp. (1972-1975). While attending graduate school from 1975 to 1977, he began creating Mallon Oil Company. Mr. Mallon holds an MBA degree from the University of Colorado, 1977. He is married and has three children. - See more at: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124#sthash.bPHgQaR5.dpuf

The question is: what if any connection is there between George O. and Kim Mallon?

Found some conflicting information, mrskeev.
Here is some info on Mallon oil from this site: http://www.twst.com/interview/3124

The question is: what if any connection is there between George O. and Kim Mallon?

Hi mandiedq. I knew about Mallon Oil. Actually in the other thread that was the original name I mentioned when I found a connection between Mallon Oil/Resources and 303-293-2333.
The following links are from the Colorado Secretary of State website:

The Mallon Oil corporation was formed in 1978

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busi...hTyp=ENTITY&entityId2=19871348973&nameTyp=ENT

Mallon Resources was formed on July 18, 1988

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busi...hTyp=ENTITY&entityId2=19881073922&nameTyp=ENT

The two corporations were then merged in 1989.
I haven't found anything yet connecting the phone number to the original Mallon Oil corporation however it is listed on many SEC forms under the name Mallon Resources.
In bringing up the dates of the Articles of Incorporation I was just trying to get a reasonable timeline for the use of that number as a CNA number being listed in the book Bookman quoted.

The former CNA number belonging to a Mallon corporation is interesting, not sure of it's true value.

But, as I noted in the long thread, if you go to that library in PA potentially singled out by the partial phone number, and search for Mallon from the library's address, you find some interesting hits.

Not saying it is or would be a match, but hitting Mallon in CO and Mallon in eastern PA are an interesting coincidence that probably deserves some more investigation.

Hi mandiedq. I knew about Mallon Oil. Actually in the other thread that was the original name I mentioned when I found a connection between Mallon Oil/Resources and 303-293-2333.
The following links are from the Colorado Secretary of State website:

The Mallon Oil corporation was formed in 1978

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busi...hTyp=ENTITY&entityId2=19871348973&nameTyp=ENT

Mallon Resources was formed on July 18, 1988

http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/Busi...hTyp=ENTITY&entityId2=19881073922&nameTyp=ENT

The two corporations were then merged in 1989.
I haven't found anything yet connecting the phone number to the original Mallon Oil corporation however it is listed on many SEC forms under the name Mallon Resources.
In bringing up the dates of the Articles of Incorporation I was just trying to get a reasonable timeline for the use of that number as a CNA number being listed in the book Bookman quoted.

I see what you did there. Thanks for the explanation.

I thought you were implying that Mallon Oil didn't exist pre-1989 (meaning there couldn't be a connection to Kim Mallon). Now both of our points of view paint a fuller picture.

Teamwork!

When browsing through the original Kim Mallon thread here, kpdx wrote in 2012:

Her sister, Lori, was looking for her in 2004. Kim was adopted by her father and stepmother, William and Rosemary Mallon, who married in 1963. William was from Culver City. Although Lori seemed to think they might have moved up to Oregon, I found a divorce record for William and Rosemary from 1976.

Kim's mother's name was Georgia Lytton and she was married to William in Nevada in 1960, roughly the year Kim was born, a marriage which was annulled. Georgia later remarried Ralph Lytton. Lytton was Kim's birth surname.

re: UCLA connection, "Kim was reported missing from UCLA psy. ward after William Mallon dropped her back off. " Based on noted scars on her wrist, I would surmise she was committed after a suicide attempt.

I emailed Lori to encourage her to register her DNA, and also let her know about WS.

I would love to help Kim's sister, who is desperate to find more information, and hope she reaches out here to join our community of excellent sleuthers.

So, I just think the Lori connection is interesting but I will not try to connect with her on FB. I think maybe the Mods are better for that, no?

Great sleuthing, there. Remember when you contact anybody it is on your own and not on behalf of WS. I don't think the Mods here reach out to people via FB.

I was trying to gently point out in my last post that Kim Mallon was 5'3" at age 13. If she was FLEK, she grew to 5'10" after girls normally are done growing, changed her eye color, erased the scars on her wrists, and managed to look nothing like her former self. She also had previously been discussed here. We should not submit matches on a whim, it affects credibility on future submissions. I have worked for weeks or months before submitting a match.

Using "Cedar" as a nom de post is interesting. Any way to read her old posts? She may have let something slip as she did not think that anyone would ever connect the dots. From what I know of FLEK I doubt it but it would be interesting to see what she posted in an unguarded moment. That is, if she ever had any.

A small spoonful of mustard: could Cedar have been a joking reference to her height? Could she have been of Lebanese descent?

Hi all -- this story has gotten me hooked on this website and prompted me to finally join! I think the case of "LEK" is so fascinating because it makes you wonder whom amongst your circle may be living a double life, with a new name and fabricated past!

I'm a photographer and have a good eye for comparisons, and have looked at all of the missing persons suggested here. Most of them do not resemble LEK, and the few that share some common features differ enough that I think it would be impossible for any except for one of these missing girls to be her. That would be Kim Mallon, and I am NOT saying that she necessarily was LEK -- only that I think she looks enough like her for it to be a possibility.

Her case does seem to fit the facts, though. Scars from when she was 13 could easily have faded by time she was 50. And I'd be curious to know if the connections between the last name M and some numbers on the infamous note could be more than circumstantial.

Here is a rough chronological side-by-side that I set up. The ridiculously hard lighting and low resolution of the KM photo makes it impossible to compare too accurately, but overall bone structure appears consistent, with a progressively broken (then worked on) nose. It most resembles the one of BST in her 20's, which would be the closest chronologically.

I can also see more similar features between the KM photo and the ones of older LEK, when I look at the differences of expression and lighting in each. For example, look at the wispy peak of hair shared by both on the right side of the forehead. If it's not her, they happen look a lot alike!

lek_kim_mallon_zps31c5dd2f.jpg

Hi all -- this story has gotten me hooked on this website and prompted me to finally join! I think the case of "LEK" is so fascinating because it makes you wonder whom amongst your circle may be living a double life, with a new name and fabricated past!

I'm a photographer and have a good eye for comparisons, and have looked at all of the missing persons suggested here. Most of them do not resemble LEK, and the few that share some common features differ enough that I think it would be impossible for any except for one of these missing girls to be her. That would be Kim Mallon, and I am NOT saying that she necessarily was LEK -- only that I think she looks enough like her for it to be a possibility.

Her case does seem to fit the facts, though. Scars from when she was 13 could easily have faded by time she was 50. And I'd be curious to know if the connections between the last name M and some numbers on the infamous note could be more than circumstantial.

Here is a rough chronological side-by-side that I set up. The ridiculously hard lighting and low resolution of the KM photo makes it impossible to compare too accurately, but overall bone structure appears consistent, with a progressively broken (then worked on) nose. It most resembles the one of BST in her 20's, which would be the closest chronologically.

I can also see more similar features between the KM photo and the ones of older LEK, when I look at the differences of expression and lighting in each. For example, look at the wispy peak of hair shared by both on the right side of the forehead. If it's not her, they happen look a lot alike!

lek_kim_mallon_zps31c5dd2f.jpg

Great line up NDMagoo! The only thing that stands out to me is the shape of the eyes. LR's eyes seem to be larger and more rounded than KM's.
On another note I saw something different about the nose. I can't tell if LR's nose hooks less to the left in the youngest picture of her or if it's just the angle of the shot. All the other photos are a straight on shots but that first one she appears to be looking slightly to the left giving the illusion of a slightly straighter nose. Could just be me though.

With regards to Laciner, I'm wondering if this could be spelled wrong like many things on the page. There are a couple of possibilities; one I discovered many different spellings for the last name Lasiner which is just one of the many ways to spell it. 2nd, there is a Lancer Lane which is a street inside Valley College which is close to the North Hollywood area, there is also a restaurant in the area called Lancers which is like a Denny's and was popular in the 80s. One other thing is there is a main street in the Valley called Lassen St.

With regards to CNA - There was police officer who was mysteriously murdered in Jan of 1987 in Burbank. They have never solved this case. His initials were CRA. It kinda looks to me like she could have wrote CrA at first then went over it and made it CNA.

I've also extensively researched Kim Mallon since I thought it was a high possibility. First the eye color does not match and the upper lip is much fuller on Kim, and also I found the Mother's 4 other children on line and saw recent pictures of them around the same age as JD a few years ago, I put many side by side and didn't think any were a match. I could post but didn't know if it was appropriate.

I'm just not seeing enough of a likeness with KM, they're just two women with dark hair to me.
I agree. KM's lips are fuller and her smile more tilted. In all of LR's pix, her smile is the same--that straight upper lip. Also, weren't KM's eyes a different color than LR's?

Kim's left eyebrow has a distinctive curve rather than an arch and sits lower than her right. Although the eyes are different, I have noticed that some people with psychiatric diagnoses have eyes that appear half shut or partially hooded when they are not properly medicated (I call it half-mast if you will). Kim's are half mast. LEK's eyes don't appear that way (but she could have been medicated with something in later years). In any event, it's the left eyebrow that appears most different to me. However, on LEK's website for her mystery shopping, the lady who is pictured there (Joy, I think her name is?) does have a curved left eyebrow like that... more distinctly curved. Not saying it's Kim at all, I just knew I saw an eyebrow like that somewhere. BTW, and just solely out of curiosity, do we know who that "Joy" person is on that website?

I don’t think these two look anything alike.
1) KM has a very wide forehead, JD doesn’t.
2) KM’s eyebrows don’t have the peak that JD’s do.
3) KM has a point to her chin, which JD doesn’t have.
4) KM’s top lip turns up at the corner when she smiles, JD’s is straight in all her pix.
5) KM’s eyes have a downward slant, JD’s don’t.
6) KM has a shorter face from ear to chin than JD does.

Maybe others are seeing things I don't. But someone on ST comments posted a pic of a girl who looks to have lots of freckles and thinks she looks like JD. I just don't see it.

ITA! I don't even see a slight resemblance! :twocents:

ITA! I don't even see a slight resemblance! :twocents:

Kim Mallon has been submitted. So, we'll rule her out (or in?) shortly! The compelling reason to submit her is the phone number on one of the documents being linked to Mallon Oil.

Stay tuned!

This has been submitted to LE, NamUs and Seattle times writer.

Using "Cedar" as a nom de post is interesting. Any way to read her old posts? She may have let something slip as she did not think that anyone would ever connect the dots. From what I know of FLEK I doubt it but it would be interesting to see what she posted in an unguarded moment. That is, if she ever had any.

A small spoonful of mustard: could Cedar have been a joking reference to her height? Could she have been of Lebanese descent?

If she actually WAS from the Pacific Northwest, "Cedar" would make sense. There are tons of cedar trees here and there is a large river in Renton (right outside Seattle and about 20 miles from Fife and Puyallup) called the "Cedar River".

If she actually WAS from the Pacific Northwest, "Cedar" would make sense. There are tons of cedar trees here and there is a large river in Renton (right outside Seattle and about 20 miles from Fife and Puyallup) called the "Cedar River".

Well I am from Pennsylvania and recently cut down two Eastern Red Cedar trees that were enormous and too close to the house. Cedar trees of some kind are all over. There are a lot of High Schools with Cedar in the name also.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back