GUILTY AZ - Jordan Iacovetta, 8, dies of Fentanyl OD, Tucson, 28 Nov 2007

:(

Suicidal Mother Killed Her Son:

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/214282.php

snip

Tucson police believe the mother of an 8-year-old boy killed her son using powerful prescription painkillers and then attempted to take her own life in a North Side hotel, an official said Friday.
Officers were called to the Holiday Inn Express at 620 E. Wetmore Road, near North First Avenue, about 11 a.m. Thursday after a woman notified authorities that she'd found her daughter and grandson unresponsive in a hotel room, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.
When they arrived, they discovered Jordan Iacovetta, 8, and his mother, Jennifer E. Jansma, 29. Jordan was declared dead at the scene, Pacheco said.
The mother and son had traveled from Glendale to visit family in Tucson for the Thanksgiving holiday, Pacheco said.

How horrible....why did she have to kill her son too? :(

If this women was visiting family for thanksgiving why didnt she leave her child there and then if she wanted to kill herself do it instead of taking a childs life that didnt have a choice .

I wonder why the family that she visited didnt see there was something wrong ?

If this women was visiting family for thanksgiving why didnt she leave her child there and then if she wanted to kill herself do it instead of taking a childs life that didnt have a choice .

I wonder why the family that she visited didnt see there was something wrong ?

I don't know that it is that simple or easy-I have someone close to me who is troubled right now, and I don't know if I would even contemplate that he would wipe out his family as well as himself.

On the other hand, Murder/Suicide does not surprise me as much anymore because of the sense of ownership and selfishness in the act-She either presumed that he could not live without her or didn't want him to live without her. There is a whole lot of guilt in her act of murder as well-perhaps she was too overwhelmed at the thought of abandoning him and what it would do to him...Suicide is the ultimate in selfishness, you know what I mean?

I don't know that it is that simple or easy-I have someone close to me who is troubled right now, and I don't know if I would even contemplate that he would wipe out his family as well as himself.

On the other hand, Murder/Suicide does not surprise me as much anymore because of the sense of ownership and selfishness in the act-She either presumed that he could not live without her or didn't want him to live without her. There is a whole lot of guilt in her act of murder as well-perhaps she was too overwhelmed at the thought of abandoning him and what it would do to him...Suicide is the ultimate in selfishness, you know what I mean?

Ya I do , Its just a shame they dont understand their not just hurting themselves , Their hurting everybody that loves them.

I guess nobody knows what goes on in peoples minds that in that state of mind .

From September 2009:

http://tucson.com/news/local/crime/...cle_1d47c9eb-5314-5b8d-93b9-f299559f5456.html

Jennifer Jansma, who said Jordan Iacovetta was her "sunshine," pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and child abuse last month in a plea agreement that guaranteed her a 25-year prison sentence...

Jansma will have to serve every day of a 20-year sentence on the murder charge, plus 85 percent of a consecutive five-year sentence on the child-abuse charge.

Jansma admitted she gave Jordan the allergy drug Benadryl on the morning of Nov. 28, 2007, and two adult sleeping pills that evening. Sometime later, she said, she placed four Fentanyl patches on his back in what was supposed to be a murder-suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back