IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeat post from months ago, what was his choice of restraints if any? My guess is rope. Other possibilities duct tape and zip ties, oh wait a minute, cuffs. I bet that dirt bag had handcuffs. I have always seen the white as sticking out of his jacket as rope, moo (posted some image samples way back).

I'm not sure he needed any, the restraints I believe were psychological.

Note to self for future reference: in the past 24 hours I have observed 2 different (potential) perps in 2 tooootally different types of cases involving crimes against minors.

As for DN, well we all know the deal, he has a history of exposure, drifter, legal troubles, etc...but the other, well he is a well respected member of the community, stable, amaaaaazingly brilliant and talented person, helping families and children through the the arts, magnificent resume (sorry can't link bc he hasn't been named a POI in this other case I'm following), anyway, just saying, the spectrum is so wide when it comes to these offenders. So wide.

BBM

This probably makes no difference in the greater scheme of things, but it'll help clarify things in my mind. Is that a math error or just a typo? From January 2004 to June 2005 it would be 17 months. Living up to my name, I'm confused. TIA for any clarification.

Yes, it is. I am so sorry for the math error. You are correct.

For some strange reason, after reading here all day, an image of DN waving his tools at people keeps coming to mind....ugh...

Woodland Park police stopped a red Chevy Prizm with expired Indiana plates Monday afternoon*because it matched an intimidation case there. In that case, a man and woman in a red car*threatened another motorist with a hatchet, according to a probable cause affidavit provided to the Journal & Courier by the Colorado Springs Gazette.

A man & woman??? I was thinking it was just him based off of other news reports. So she was there for the threats with the hatchet. That's some scary you know what.

This may be old news here and I just missed it BUT it's new news to me. So linking just in case.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
I find the wording strange. We know she wasn't arrested for it, he was.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I guess I see the crime differently, and I could be completely off base, but my feeling is IF he killed Abby and Libby it was primarily motivated by anger. Anger toward women/ girls, and misplaced, because he was royally ticked off at his wife who had just kicked him out. She was very pregnant and with his prior D/V conviction if she went missing, he would be rounded up immediately. He likely blamed her for being homeless and he lashed out violently when the "easiest" opportunity presented itself. Although there may have been a sexual component, I think rage was the primary motivator. Also, without getting too graphic, I do not believe he had the chance to sexually assault both Abby and Libby, the timeline was too tight... It was at least 2:30 ( at the earliest) whenhe had them at the crime scene and it was only an hour later that their relatives had hit the trail looking for them. MOO.
Imo 45 minutes would have been more than enough time.

Would have expected ballistics by now, even if DNA taking longer.

AMEN TO THAT, EZRAH!!! May today be the day!

Well this waiting for confirmation is tough on us here and worse for the family and community of Delphi. Hopefully Abby and Libby have caught their killer. What brave, smart and loyal 13 year olds they are. May today be the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji202]MOO

IF there wasn't any time for him to rape these girls, perhaps as someone mentioned, it was purely a rage killing as he was thrown out of the house by his wife and dangerously homeless.

The D.A. always wants an airtight case and a case that cannot fail to convince- so I suppose we'll all just twiddle our thumbs for a few more days.

Does anyone really think the girls' family members are reading here? I wouldn't if I was the family of a murdered person. I would get my info from LE. Just sayin'...

I find the wording strange. We know she wasn't arrested for it, he was.

LE may have a strategy in mind, and that is why she wasn't arrested. It is in LEs best interest to not arrest her at this time even if they could. LE, I am sure wants to keep talking with her to see what all she knows, and I do think she knows things that could possibly help both the CO case, and the IN case. As long as they think she is fully cooperating I don't think any arrest will be made. That is subject to change of course.

Does anyone know if the red vehicle was in her name or his? I do think if they felt they needed to pressure her to open up they could possibly charge her for helping an absconded sex offender because she knew all about his sex offender past and having to report in a timely manner to keep his current whereabouts known.

I also wonder if LE put her up somewhere and if the children are with her or with a foster family for the time being?

JMO

Agreed, absolutely.

Speaking strictly for myself, I'm thinking we won't know a darn thing until LE has built an extremely strong case against DN - IF he is guilty. And, I do think he is guilty.

Waiting is the worst . . . tick tock, tick tock . . . think Jeopardy theme here.

LE has to know by now if the rifle found in their car is the one that killed the man in Colorado. At least, I can't imagine they wouldn't.

When we find out the answer is the big question. moo

I'll try to answer some of your questions. (BTW, I'm one of the (apparent) few still on the fence as to DN being BG.)

He was on parole in Indiana at the time. Apparently living in someone's car, under a bridge, approximately 2 hours from Delphi.

He reported as required on Feb 14, the day after the murders.

BTW, I don't think he's been charged with the Colorado murder yet.

The connection seems to be he was in Indiana, has a record and many people believe he looks like Bridge Guy.

moo, of course

I am also on the fence as to DN's connection to Delphi. If he is connected, it will be revealed in time. I just can't find anything that puts him there in Delphi
The reasons I understand he has been connected to the Delphi murders (beyond the Indiana plates and resembling the BG drawing) comes from something the LE from Colorado said.
Jacque Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office admitted “many similarities” in the Watkins case and the Delphi murders and is not denying a possible connection. She said police in Indiana have requested no further information be released to the public.
“They have asked us not to speak on their case. So, I’m not at liberty to elaborate on anything that’s related to what happened in Indiana,” said Kirby.
http://www.wlfi.com/story/36470258/...say-a-murder-there-may-have-delphi-connection

The Colorado folks saw similarities between the two cases and alerted Indiana. Those similarities are things that the public does not know and Indiana does not want the public to know. So that leads me to trust LE to figure this out.

I haven't read here is a few days so forgive me for asking but . . .

How is it that this DN person is in any way connected to the Delphi girls?

Was he living near Delphi in February 2017?

Was he on parole in IN in February 2017? I read about him checking in with his PO in person but don't know the state that had him on parole.

I see an article from 8/17 about the BG's DNA. Does LE have it or not?

What am I missing and how is a guy who shot someone to death in CO now a person being connected to Delphi?

I'll try to answer some of your questions. (BTW, I'm one of the (apparent) few still on the fence as to DN being BG.)

He was on parole in Indiana at the time. Apparently living in someone's car, under a bridge, approximately 2 hours from Delphi.

He reported as required on Feb 14, the day after the murders.

BTW, I don't think he's been charged with the Colorado murder yet.

The connection seems to be he was in Indiana, has a record and many people believe he looks like Bridge Guy.

moo, of course

Jumping off your post Jax49, just to add a little bit more. In the link below, it was stated: "Sheriff Tobe Leazenby wouldn't go into detail about what detectives have figured out so far. He did say there were pieces of similar information that related to the case that led to N."

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36475974/...about-possible-new-lead-in-delphi-murder-case

The next link beneath this gives a more cohesive summary. It's a series of news videos that occur in succession that show what is known so far.

http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/man-arr...est-in-delphi-teens-murders-state-police-say/

Hope this helps...

ETA: The second link also contains an interview with Libby's grandmother, BP, and her thoughts about the recent developments...

Does anyone really think the girls' family members are reading here? I wouldn't if I was the family of a murdered person. I would get my info from LE. Just sayin'...

They may have been from time to time over the many months. They could have even been searching to see if a new member popped up and had information that no one else knew thinking it may even be BG himself.

One never knows for sure who reads here, but I don't think they are reading here now since finding out that possibly DN could be BG. They are wrapped up in their own emotions I am sure, and gathered together with their families and friends waiting to find out if Abby and Libby's murderer has been caught. IMO

I think the families have already been told a lot more details than any of us know. Even intricate details about how their children died. :(

IMO

I am also on the fence as to DN's connection to Delphi. If he is connected, it will be revealed in time. I just can't find anything that puts him there in Delphi
The reasons I understand he has been connected to the Delphi murders (beyond the Indiana plates and resembling the BG drawing) comes from something the LE from Colorado said.
http://www.wlfi.com/story/36470258/...say-a-murder-there-may-have-delphi-connection

The Colorado folks saw similarities between the two cases and alerted Indiana. Those similarities are things that the public does not know and Indiana does not want the public to know. So that leads me to trust LE to figure this out.

And just the week before the Indiana police had been to CO at a gathering for several law enforcement agencies across the state. They discuss Abby and Libby's case at that time.

Margarita, hugs to you. You have been a rock in this thread, working tirelessly for these girls and all of the others. I don't know if it is any comfort to you, but cops, firefighters, EMS folks, they all have the same feelings you do. Sometimes you are able to compartmentalize them, and sometimes they get the best of you. Talking helps. Especially talking amongst those (like us here) who have just gone through the experience with you. It is why critical incident stress debriefing is such an effective tool. After a particularly bad call, we would all sit in the kitchen of the fire house casually discussing it. It normalizes what just happened and reminds you that you are not alone. Talk to the people who can understand. Get your feelings out amongst those who are having similar feelings. It doesn't make those feelings go away, but it helps to put them in perspective.

This case is an emotional landmine field. It has changed my world too. I get up throughout the night to check that my windows and doors are locked, and to look in on my daughters. I bought a huge German Shepherd and don't let them play outside without out him. But it also meant that a few months ago, when I got a niggling feeling in my stomach from a guy when I was out hiking, I took several pictures of him and his car/license plate, despite how uncomfortable doing so made me. I stared him down with my camera raised. Bless you Libby for teaching me how to be so brave. Side note, later that day, the same man assaulted a woman in a state park one town away.
http://whdh.com/news/woman-assaulted-at-callahan-state-park-in-framingham-police-say/

Take a break if you need to. There is no shame in that. Your health has to come first. But whatever you do, talk talk talk. Don't let these feelings fester. Much love.

Bless you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I see the crime differently, and I could be completely off base, but my feeling is IF he killed Abby and Libby it was primarily motivated by anger. Anger toward women/ girls, and misplaced, because he was royally ticked off at his wife who had just kicked him out. She was very pregnant and with his prior D/V conviction if she went missing, he would be rounded up immediately. He likely blamed her for being homeless and he lashed out violently when the "easiest" opportunity presented itself. Although there may have been a sexual component, I think rage was the primary motivator. Also, without getting too graphic, I do not believe he had the chance to sexually assault both Abby and Libby, the timeline was too tight... It was at least 2:30 ( at the earliest) whenhe had them at the crime scene and it was only an hour later that their relatives had hit the trail looking for them. MOO.

Everything I read said they didn't look for the girls until the 5:30 PM appointed time to pick them up!

Where did you get 3:30PM?

Do we have a timeline link for that day?
thanks....

I understand your skepticism. Some are thinking he was either working for/living on RL's property around this time frame.

I'm curious about the red Prism with expired tags. Did anyone find out if this vehicle was in his possession around that time, or was his wife driving it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong