News station found video of THE DUCT TAPE on posters at the Anthony home!

I thought the FBI said that the tape on the gas can did not match the tape found at the crime scene. If the tape matches the gas can tape and the gas can tape did not match the tape on Caylee's skull then what is the reporter saying??

It is the same brand and "model" of duct tape on the body and on the gas can, but the FBI couldn't show a fiber match, perhaps because the tape on the body was so deteriorated, or perhaps because the tape on the gas can was from a different roll or batch.

I thought the FBI said that the tape on the gas can did not match the tape found at the crime scene. If the tape matches the gas can tape and the gas can tape did not match the tape on Caylee's skull then what is the reporter saying??

I don't believe the FBI said that at all, did they?

I love how, at the end of the report, KB says "Reporting live from CAYLEE MARIE Anthony's neighborhood" instead of saying Casey or George and Cindy or just plain Anthony's neighborhood. Shows she's only there for Caylee!

She says this every time she reports from the Anthony's area. It is very obvious that she has always been there for Caylee throughout this ordeal.

I think the timing of this is hysterical. I wouldn't doubt it one bit IF KB got a "tip" from the SA's office. I am not buying that the station found this. I've noticed little things like this since the beginning. I think we are seeing the SA's office speak without speaking if you catch my drift. I personally love it. This of course is JMHO.

It is the same brand and "model" of duct tape on the body and on the gas can, but the FBI couldn't show a fiber match, perhaps because the tape on the body was so deteriorated, or perhaps because the tape on the gas can was from a different roll or batch.

I caught just a few moments of the NG show tonight (before my 12 year old son who is sick with Swine Flu right now is and parked on our couch changed the channel on me ). Kathi Belich was asked about the supposed "non-match" on the duct tape and her reply was that this "non match" was from much earlier tests performed and then it was later, more sophisticated testing that revealed that they did in fact match. Thought that was interesting.

Actually, this is a very good question, even if it did burst my celebration balloon! What if the duct tape on the gas can matches that on the posters, then no story. So then IF (and I am still not convinced) the duct tape on the gas can does not match the duct tape on Caylee, have we gained anything by this bombshell?

My brain is scrambled at this point, as I was toasting Kathi's report, until I read this and had to stop and think for a moment.

One of you really smart people, please help me out here, so I can go back to my celebration (i.e. glass of wine).

TIA

My understanding is that chemically the adhesive on both tapes were consistent with one another. The Trace Evidence Unit was referring to a fiber match, which can be explained b/c the tape on Caylee was in the elements month after month. The tape on the gas can had been protected, b/c as we know GA kept in the garage/shed, so it was not exposed to the elements. This is my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong please.

The reason it may not match up may be because the tape on Caylee was out in the weather for months and the cotton fibers in the tape are gone. The weathering would change the tape. That tape is very rare and I believe the manufacturer is in Ohio, where the A's are originally from but it is consistent with the tape that was found in the home.

Yes, it the odds/stats that is the point! It was stated that the tape is rare and it is something like 250,000:1 that you'd have some. Now we have 3 or more examples of it, i.e., on the gas can, on the posters, on Caylee's remains.

What are the chances that the SODDI just so happens to have the same type of tape, with an adhesive match that the A's have so much of?

ETA: It is no longer sold IIRC, not in 2008 or 2007

I have always loved Kathi. A top notch journalistic in my book!

Maybe the part about it being retested was in the 8000 pages we never saw because I don't remember them being able to "match the tape"
It is more than being the same type of tape or even the same manufacture. It would have to "match" a roll of tape in her posession. They sell the tape all over the country. Why is it rare???? Do they only sell it in Orlando? This sounds more like a NG bombshell to me.

Maybe the part about it being retested was in the 8000 pages we never saw because I don't remember them being able to "match the tape"
It is more than being the same type of tape or even the same manufacture. It would have to "match" a roll of tape in her posession. They sell the tape all over the country. Why is it rare???? Do they only sell it in Orlando? This sounds more like a NG bombshell to me.

That's not true. The forensics showed the adhesive to likely be from the same production run, if not the same roll.

Yes, it's rare. It constitutes less than .2% of all duct tape sold.

That narrows it down just a bit.

JT AND Kathy B for President!! And thanks, Kathy, for announcing from Caylee Marie Anthony's neighbourhood - - - show that dysfunctional family who really has Caylee's best interests at heart - - - and in her heart:blushing::angel:

Can't you just hear CA..."George danmmit, I told you to use the masking tape on those signs!"

Can't you just hear CA..."George danmmit, I told you to use the masking tape on those signs!"

Next thing ya know... KC is telling LA that GA needs the "DUCT TAPE FOR DUMMIES" book for Father's Day this year.

What I wanna know is if Kathy B has footage of GA, CA, LA physically applying THAT duct tape to one of their posters?:waitasec:

The reason it may not match up may be because the tape on Caylee was out in the weather for months and the cotton fibers in the tape are gone. The weathering would change the tape. That tape is very rare and I believe the manufacturer is in Ohio, where the A's are originally from but it is consistent with the tape that was found in the home.

------------------
The duct tape is also sold at WalMart in Ohio.The industrial is no longer available.I agree about Kathy,also like the good reporting by Jean Casarus (sp) she is like a breath of fresh air.There is (I believe) more info coming from the "BodyFarm".:woohoo:

"But, Cindy, this tape is waterproof!! Nothing will make this tape come off!!":loser:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Next thing ya know... KC is telling LA that GA needs the "DUCT TAPE FOR DUMMIES" book for Father's Day this year.

Maybe KC wrote that book while she was at work just for this reason?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back