GUILTY NY - Jeffrey Locker, 52, fatally stabbed, East Harlem, 16 July 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
NEW YORK - Motivational speaker Jeff Locker phoned his wife at their suburban home Wednesday night, telling her he had a flat tire and he'd be a little late. When he didn't return, she called police.
Locker was found hours later, bound and stabbed to death in his car near a city housing project in a possible botched robbery.

More at link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31972851/?GT1=43001

It does look like they'll be able to clear this case pretty quickly, doesn't it?

It does look like they'll be able to clear this case pretty quickly, doesn't it?

Sure does STEADFAST, I would say the reporters got a good amount of info for a change, none of which I can see would hurt an investigation, Just enough!

Reading the comments, I was struck how callous a lot of them were. I'll admit is sounds bad, his putting himself in a situation like that - possibly on a regular basis.

It won't be easy for his wife and family. Besides his death they will probably have to deal with financial distress as he was living of the edge financially. xox

PS: I think the investigation will be swift and sure with the 2 killers and possibly the hooker {if she was involved in his death} being arrested sooner than later. All IMO

I really feel for Jeff's family. It's tough to lose a loved one, but to find out they may have had another life you didn't know about? I just can't imagine.

i feel bad for his family, and don't blame him for what happened.

I do, however think that his family/friends are probably wearing blinders, because no one is all good. I don't think that his mistakes were unforgivable, especially since he was a man who tried to do good for his friends and followers. I hope his family recovers and I hope they find his murders soon

I really feel for Jeff's family. It's tough to lose a loved one, but to find out they may have had another life you didn't know about? I just can't imagine.

It's all just horrible for this family. The wife and children were probably used to his traveling for speaking engagements and such. Finding out he was murdered in East Harlem and possibly a frequent visitor to prostitutes, must be so painful to learn, as they grieve his loss.

It's all just horrible for this family. The wife and children were probably used to his traveling for speaking engagements and such. Finding out he was murdered in East Harlem and possibly a frequent visitor to prostitutes, must be so painful to learn, as they grieve his loss.

Hi Bogeygal, I should have said I do feel so for his family right now and it must be horrible as you say. I could see they possibly had no idea about his possible life style because as you say he did allot of traveling. If will be a shocker to deal with. Awful.

A married, motivational speaker murdered in Harlem this week went to a housing project to meet up with a prostitute, who turned on him and robbed him, according to written reports.

Jeff Locker was found in his parked, 2007 Dodge Magnum in East Harlem Thursday morning, hours after he was reportedly seen buying condoms. Locker, 52, had his hands tied behind his back and a cord wrapped around his neck, tied to the headrest. He had been stabbed in the chest and robbed, police sources said.

According to written reports, a prostitute whom he regularly visited and two of her friends tortured Locker for his bank-card PIN code. Police say his wallet -- which contained a debit card and credit cards -- was stolen.

More at link
http://www.wpix.com/news/local/wpix-motivational-speaker-prostitute,0,3703962.story

A married, motivational speaker murdered in Harlem this week went to a housing project to meet up with a prostitute, who turned on him and robbed him, according to written reports.

Jeff Locker was found in his parked, 2007 Dodge Magnum in East Harlem Thursday morning, hours after he was reportedly seen buying condoms. Locker, 52, had his hands tied behind his back and a cord wrapped around his neck, tied to the headrest. He had been stabbed in the chest and robbed, police sources said.

According to written reports, a prostitute whom he regularly visited and two of her friends tortured Locker for his bank-card PIN code. Police say his wallet -- which contained a debit card and credit cards -- was stolen.

More at link
http://www.wpix.com/news/local/wpix-motivational-speaker-prostitute,0,3703962.story

Wow, so the robbery/murder could appear to have been all set up in advance by the "regularly visted" prostitute and co-horts.

I wonder if the whole ordeal took place in his car or at the place of the prostitute (or both)? The torture part is disturbing. I hope LE arrests these perps soon, it does sound like they already have enough clues to know who they are.

Wow, so the robbery/murder could appear to have been all set up in advance by the "regularly visted" prostitute and co-horts.

I wonder if the whole ordeal took place in his car or at the place of the prostitute (or both)? The torture part is disturbing. I hope LE arrests these perps soon, it does sound like they already have enough clues to know who they are.

ITA, I'm glad more info is coming out. I don't think the reporters have much sympathy for this guy, call it a lack of motivation in keeping info they've learned under their hats.

I just hope these 3 people are in adjoining boxes at the station getting the good guy, bad boy routine till they fess up. Don't you think they would have all been taken to the station by now? They have photos of two of them at an ATM machine so must know who they are, right?

I hope this is what TMZ calls 'developing story'. Ya Ya

I feel so bad for the wife and family of this man. Her feelings must be a mass of confusion right now. I don't know why people put themselves in unsafe situations like this man did. Now days you can't afford to trust anyone...especially low life people. I suppose he felt safe with this hooker as he had seen her for awhile. I'm going to be blunt and just say what I think...if this man had kept his marriage vows and his pants up he would still be alive. I am hard hearted when it comes to cheating in a marriage. It doesn't matter if it is with a hooker or the wife's best friend. It's wrong and someone always gets hurt. Now this wife has to live feeling shame, humiliation, and confusion.

OK, lay it on me now :silenced:

I feel so bad for the wife and family of this man. Her feelings must be a mass of confusion right now. I don't know why people put themselves in unsafe situations like this man did. Now days you can't afford to trust anyone...especially low life people. I suppose he felt safe with this hooker as he had seen her for awhile. I'm going to be blunt and just say what I think...if this man had kept his marriage vows and his pants up he would still be alive. I am hard hearted when it comes to cheating in a marriage. It doesn't matter if it is with a hooker or the wife's best friend. It's wrong and someone always gets hurt. Now this wife has to live feeling shame, humiliation, and confusion.

Well said Bobbisangel :blowkiss:

No, not going to lay it on you because I feel the same way. Nothing good ever comes from cheating.

Manhunt Underway in Mysterious Speaker Slay

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Manhunt-Underway-in-Mysterious-Speaker-Slay.html

Detectives are working desperately to identify a woman and two men caught on surveillance tape making ATM withdrawals with the debit card of a Long Island motivational speaker minutes after he was murdered in East Harlem, cops said yesterday.The group, described only as in their mid-20s and black, took out $200 from each of seven different machines near where Jeff Locker's mutilated body was discovered Thursday morning slumped behind the wheel of his 2007 Dodge sedan, according to The New York Post.
Locker's wife, Lois, told cops her husband had called her hours earlier to say he'd be late because he was stuck in Harlem with a flat tire. That would be the last time Lois Locker spoke with her husband. Late Wednesday night, she called Nassau County cops to report her husband never made it to their Valley Stream home.

Authorities said the man had been planning to meet up with a girlfriend, according to the Post. Locker called a phone number in his girlfriend's apartment building and got a return call from that number, police said. Cops were also checking to see if the 52-year-old family man had a regular appointment with a prostitute in the nearby Wagner Houses, according to the New York Daily News.

Locker purchased condoms and a bottle of water at a deli on Second Avenue at about 3 a.m. -- an hour before he was slain.

"He seemed cool, relaxed," said Whitney Young, 19, told the News. "The next time we see him, he's here dead."

In his conversation with his wife, Locker casually mentioned that a man and woman were helping him with the flat, according to the Post, which led investigators to theorize he may had fallen victim to a good Samaritan scam in which seeming do-gooders are actually setting a trap.

According to his Web site, Locker worked with business people, coaching them to be their best.

"Locker is an inspirational keynote speaker known as the business spiritualist: he is committed to bringing more peace - joy and fulfillment to sales people, managers, executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals, his Web site said.

"He probably trusted someone," his mother-in-law, Annette Serota told the News. "He was a very trusting person. That's probably how it happened. You could sell him the Brooklyn Bridge."

This man went to a dangerous part of town to have sex with a hooker he had frequented in the past. HE put himself in a dangerous position. He was cheating on his wife. I just get so sick of hearing that families are destroyed because of illicit sex or affairs, tho this was not an affair. It was paid sex. To me, this overshadows any good he has done. Good is not how he will be remembered, IMO.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to his wife and children. How awful to lose your husband/dad in a murder occurring on his way to have paid sex. I cannot begin to imagine how this family feels.

This man went to a dangerous part of town to have sex with a hooker he had frequented in the past. HE put himself in a dangerous position. He was cheating on his wife. I just get so sick of hearing that families are destroyed because of illicit sex or affairs, tho this was not an affair. It was paid sex. To me, this overshadows any good he has done. Good is not how he will be remembered, IMO.

My heartfelt sympathy goes to his wife and children. How awful to lose your husband/dad in a murder occurring on his way to have paid sex. I cannot begin to imagine how this family feels.

It's a shame.

He had an attractive wife, three children and a career as a motivational speaker for companies/businesses. If he was just an "average Joe", we probably wouldn't have learned about his murder.

I know people cheat for various reasons, but this is a man who seemed to have a lot going for him in his career and marriage. Who knows.

Locker's dead--he can't feel the humiliation his family now has to go through. His wife has to deal with the question, asked slyly or covertly, "How come you didn't know, you didn't figure it out, how could you think you had a normal life when, ha ha, you didn't?"

There will always be those searching glances, those probing questions, the assessing looks people will give you. She'll be judged as not the sharpest tool in the shed--if she couldn't figure out what was going on. Or in denial, deluding herself. And she'll be asking herself all the same questions. She won't ever get an answer from the dead husband.

What I find consistent in cases like these many of these men have very solid families. They usually have a devoted wife and children who love them deeply and the male's age seems to be a consistent pattern as well.

I wonder if men go through some type of post depression as they age? Thinking that their lives are mundane and have mostly been about career, supporting and raising their families and very little about them as an individual. I often wonder if their home life has become so routine, boring between them and their spouses where they have very little closeness anymore, especially sexual contact. Do they crave for individual attention?

I have heard of many women who have done the same behind the backs of their devoted spouses and children but imo, I have noticed they tend to be in their late 30s to mid 40s.

Do these men who do these dangerous risky acts try to grasp a part of their youth they have lost when sex was exciting and wanted much more often?

I am feel very sorry for his wife and children left behind. Death is so final. No way of going back and asking him why in the world he would take such a risk knowing how it would deeply hurt his family. I know his wife's mind must be reeling from questions she has that will always remain unanswered now. The betrayal must feel overwhelming but if she loved him and I expect she did, she will have a lot of sadness and conflicted thoughts to deal with too.

These type of acts by spouses have brought down many a good family who is left behind to deal with it all... even if death doesn't occur like it did in this case.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back