Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How steep was this ramp? How long was it? If it was short and/or steep then why didn't the airbag deploy? Boat ramp are designed to drive down into. It doesn't just drop off at the end of the ramp - at least not around here. She should have had time to get out almost immediately. Unless she was injured. Which brings me back to why didn't the air bag deploy?
At first I didn't see an airbag either but after watching the video again I do believe I saw the passenger side airbag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Most important tweet, IMO (unless you were driving on the ice in KC around this time, you cannot fully appreciate how dangerous it was):

Josh Helmuth‏ @Jhelmuth

@41actionnews meteorologist also confirmed w/me that the am hours of Jan 15 were icy and roads could have been very slick
6:28 PM · Mar 12, 2017

Our PD vehicles were upgraded about 5 years ago to have the GPS integrated into vehicle. It depends on how old the departments radio's and equipment are. They had dashcam at illegal lane change made by Toni, it would be recorded. But, if he did not call it in, or flip the lights there is a chance that moment may not be retrievable by now as it has been such a long period of time. I do not know anyone at that department to verify equipment but I do have a good friend in Lenexa at PD I can ask. The Police department does not have to release dashcam video and won't from what Other officers at different PD's have said. My gut has always said that this had to do with the people (dealer) she was supposed to meet up with. I really feel like your CI scenario or her meet up went sideways somehow. If this officer is / was a suspect at all, they would have another agency take over the investigation and he would have been placed on admin leave during this investigation. It would have been all over the news. I'm still not completely disregarding this theory by any means, just stating what would have happened if he were in question at all by dept. Also, I would think if they have dashcam they would have very up to date equipment in their vehicles. I haven't seen their equipment, that is an assumption based upon dashcam, and area. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for saying this. I don't know who originally brought up the CI/Snitch angle, and I remember being skeptical at first, but then after researching thought it fit in more ways than anything... including an accident. Mostly because of all the sketchiness by LE and everyone around the case. It felt to me as if everyone was being deceptive and they all had different motives for that possibly

I think it's horrible if dashcam footage is not something that sticks around for at least 6 months. I agree that there should be a good reason to view it, but imo, this is the exact type of situation where it would seem to be useful to dispel rumors etc. thus... I believe there is deception at play.

So am I correct that with the GPS integrated vehicle, there would be record of their whereabouts at any given time during their shift? Do you know how detailed the data is and how long that is stored?

Most important tweet, IMO (unless you were driving on the ice in KC around this time, you cannot fully appreciate how dangerous it was):

Josh Helmuth‏ @Jhelmuth

@41actionnews meteorologist also confirmed w/me that the am hours of Jan 15 were icy and roads could have been very slick
I was driving at the same time, in the Northland of KC. The bridges weren't even icy. That's why I find this accident difficult to believe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Unless she there was enough impact to injure her (and thus deploy the airbag), I just don't understand how she didn't have time to get out of the car. Regardless of whether she went in front or back end first. The car didn't sink in 10 seconds.

Josh Helmuth‏ @Jhelmuth

I can attest to that one as I was out that night.

I was driving at the same time, in the Northland of KC. The bridges weren't even icy. That's why I find this accident difficult to believe.

you were driving at 5 am? Were the areas you drove through salted? I wasn't there that week but I remember a few other proximate weekends where the roads were a deathtrap with crashes all over the place.

Thanks, IIRC the weather report was forecasting ice. I'm sure it varies from place to place. We're expecting a Nor'easter tomorrow night. I won't drive in that.

Drugs could have been her demise. She may have taken something that messed with her sense of direction and thought process. She could have been extremely tired, met someone and just messed up.

I don't think the answers to any of our questions will ever be answered .

you were driving at 5 am? Were the areas you drove through salted? I wasn't there that week but I remember a few other proximate weekends where the roads were a deathtrap with crashes all over the place.
Yes, I drive every morning between 5-6:30 picking up my husband. I was on unsalted and salted roads. I remember this because it was supposed to be really bad and it was fine...

Taking a moment to think about this and Liz's statements. I too find this hard to believe. I am not sure why I can't just let this explanation finalize this for me. I see where her mother is coming from. I just don't think Toni entered that park on accident. Especially after looking at the people and comments on the River's FB page. That would be one hell of a coincidence.

I have a few thoughts about this, what do you think?

Thanks, IIRC the weather report was forecasting ice. I'm sure it varies from place to place. We're expecting a Nor'easter tomorrow night. I won't drive in that.
It was forecasted to be a huge ice storm and we really didn't get anything. I remember it well.

I think I'm gonna wait for the autopsy and public record.

I'll just plainly say that I'm highly skeptical of this. But I don't think anything will happen of it, unless the family or bf want to push.

I've been following the latest developments, and delaying comment in hopes some key pieces of info might still come out.

In my opinion, suicide isn't a likely explanation. Here's why.

1. By reports I read, Toni was a positive, adventure-seeking person who enjoyed the unconventional lifestyle she was living.

2. She, as a "writer," seems drawn to express things verbally and in writing (on social media, live journals etc.) I believe she would've written a suicide note or sent more obvious "goodbye" messages if this was pre-planned.

3. In my experience, friends and family usually have at least a hint that their loved one is prone to depression. For sure, families sometimes miss red flags. But often, loved ones come right out and talk about the person's mental illness, record of instability, or need for meds. Even when family members are trying to be subtle about suspected mental illness, there are generally clues they think the person is in a bad space emotionally. For example, we'd hear more "Toni, come home, we'll support you through anything..." types of pleas.

Of course I realize that sometimes someone's suicide takes everyone completely by surprise. But to me, the information we have about Toni, is more likely to lead elsewhere.

I'll post some additional ideas below.

I think you are misinterpreting the perspective or something...

After the traffic stop, the cars cross Burlington on 26 Ave, heading to the QuikTrip. They do not turn south.

Good luck trying to prove she crossed burlington. Her car disappears on the right side of the frame. All three cars turned south, which proves that Toni had to get gas before the stop. Her turning right also proves she told the truth when she told the officer she was headed to the shady lady or wherever. You're the one who suggested she turned right in order to use the atm at dieryder. How ironic.

This is an idiotic cover-up that a group of third graders could expose. HER BLINKER WAS ON IN THE FIRST VIDEO. You even acknowledged that. The video from CWD simply confirmed that she turned right. 3:15

[video=youtube;gGMFd5OFij4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGMFd5OFij4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members