FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not unusual for a "single" or even a "married" male to ask for a paternity test when child support is being asked in court.

I have been down this road where women have claimed they are carrying my son's child, and I have always told my son to get a paternity test done as soon as the child is born.

Needless to say, my son has fathered no children; although he wishes he had.

My son's former mother-in-law told me weeks before our children married (now divorced), she told me, she would always know it is her daughter's child, however, you will never know if your son is the father. That statement to me stuck with me forever!

I certainly wouldn't look at Dale as being in control or taking control over Michelle or blame Dale for asking for a paternity test just to make sure he is the father of the children.

In so many relationships during a heated argument, at times, it is thrown out there "your not the father", and it is best to get the paternity test to prove it one way or another.

Warning, Snark alert...

Yeah....I tell my husband that every time we have a heated argument....Snark off....

For the life of me, I don't understand why DSII hasn't been arrested, he wears his guilt so obviously. Of course, if you like convicted wife beating, kidnapping suspects men, I guess maybe his guilt isn't so obvious. But, I will say this, if his guilt is even obvious to my DH, we've got serious problems, because I could parade an elephant through the living room and he would NOT notice.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers....

I feel DS is responsible in some manner. he has been lucky so far no body has turned up, he pre planned this in advance and was very ready to hide her, or he had help taking the body hours, or states away.

He reeks guilt. Imo

Thank you! You said what I've been thinking all along!

Wow...so they explain it away?

Yes, my ex's mother would explain everything and then some away to protect her precious "boys." Even murder, and that's not a stretch.

It's quite telling to know I just logged on within the hour and have already caught up from last night. I've barely heard Michelle's name on the news today. Apparently no one has any new info to share.

Warning, Snark alert...

Yeah....I tell my husband that every time we have a heated argument....Snark off....

For the life of me, I don't understand why DSII hasn't been arrested, he wears his guilt so obviously. Of course, if you like convicted wife beating, kidnapping suspects men, I guess maybe his guilt isn't so obvious. But, I will say this, if his guilt is even obvious to my DH, we've got serious problems, because I could parade an elephant through the living room and he would NOT notice.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers....

Have I told you lately.............I heart you. :rocker:

Wow...so they explain it away?

Absolutely - BritsKate's post upthread says it perfectly. The parents were not perfect, abused him, subjected him to their own violence, felt guilty and then tried to "parent" when it was way too late. But even then, rather than own up to their own (or his) shortcomings, began to excuse his violent and unpredictable behavior. It was always "someone else's fault", and in the case of our very short marriage, usually mine. According to them, I "must have pressed his buttons", and if I hadn't, he wouldn't have been forced to react in the way he did. Never once was he held responsible by them for his actions. Which only further encouraged his behavior.

And like BritsKate, I bought into it, at least for a time. I felt that if I were more understanding, kinder, more patient, etc. etc., he wouldn't be that way.

But no matter how many eggshells I walked on, he was who he was. And I would imagine, still is.

Knowing nothing of DS's parents, I can think of three sets of inlaws who either killed or help cover up the murder of their child's spouse...Summer Inman, Karen Slover and a young man, a doctor in Santa Barbara who had custody of the child and the inlaws pretended to be delivering a plant and shot him in the face when he opened the door...cannot think of his name at the moment...so it happens...

ETA: His name was Jarrod Davidson, the male victim...

And Sunday Blombergh

=( Where's Michelle? I hate that there's a lull in information. :banghead:

I have always wondered if she didn't accidently leave her phone at his house and when her brother texted that he may have sent that reply text... then when she didn't come back on his way to his parents he chucked it in the river. IMO

If it were that innocent, why doesn't he just say that? :satiated:

Suspect in missing mom case was part of '92 murder investigation
Dale Smith was last person to see Michelle Parker alive

Published On:*Nov 29 2011 11:18:58 AM EST *Updated On:*Nov 29 2011 05:35:32 PM EST

"Suspect in missing mom case was part of '92 murder investigation
ORLANDO, Fla. -
New information has surfaced about the violent past of the man who has been named as the primary suspect in the disappearance of an Orlando mother.

Michelle Parker disappeared Nov. 17, but Orlando Police did not name her ex-fiance, Dale Smith, as a suspect until Monday. Smith was the last person to see Parker that afternoon when she dropped the couple's twins off with him, about 20 minutes after an episode of "The People's Court" that the two appeared on to resolve a financial issue finished airing locally.* On the show, Parker said of Smith, "He can get violent, especially when he drinks."

Investigators searched Smith's parents house over the weekend, the same location that Smith was arrested at 20 years ago after witnessing a murder.

Quick Clicks
OPD names ex-fiance as suspect in...
Missing woman suspect appeared in...
Police say Smith was among a gang of seven people, mostly teens, that were looking for a fight over Memorial Day weekend, 1992. The gang jumped two men as they were leaving a nightclub in downtown Orlando and one of the men was stabbed to death, police said.

Smith was never accused of the stabbing, but the victim's brother says he believes Smith was the leader of the gang." More at this link:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Su...ation/-/1637132/4840178/-/l8q2c0/-/index.html

I really really wish that our member who is close friend to the victim Tileman's family(the lifeguard from Wet-n-Wild that Dale was convicted of charges relating to this man's stabbing death and violent beating of his friend whom he was with at the time of the murder).. I really wish the member was still posting as he had said some very relevant and pertinent information about the murder and those involved in it.. I really would like to hear more from him now that this case has been reported thoroughly in MSM therefor were are able to discuss such details whereas earlier in the case we were not..

It has never left the forefront of mind what he stated about Dale and that the crime was not one of a random nature at all(as some have purposed that it was just some drunk guys out looking for someone to fight and that they just "happened upon Tileman's and his friend.. That is not the case at all).. He stated that not only was it planned and that Tileman was the intended target of the stabbing but most importantly that Dale was the ringleader and it was he that intentionally targeted Tileman.. (**if you're still here would you please post more now that we are able to discuss the murder**)

As I said this has never left my mind and I cannot discount the "possibility" of this not being a case where Dale just "snapped".. But rather that it was premeditated and planned.. I'm definitely NOT CLAIMING THAT THIS CERTAIN.. as I'm clearly stating it as a possibility and well.. If we are all truly looking at all the possibilities as some say then this, too is very much still on the table of possibilities..that possibly there was some planning and/or premeditation involved in Michelle's disappearance..

I'm not sold by any means on that being the case but it is still in my mind and has never left or been discounted by any proof or evidence to date.. If anything in knowing that the Tileman murder quite possibly involved premeditation it certainly gives cause that it's not out of the realm of possibilities here in Michelle's case..

All jmo, tho!

I have said all along that I believe this was premeditated all the way. If he just snapped I am not sure he could pull together all these pieces (discarding body, coordinating alibi, getting rid of hummer, no DNA that we know of). This seems way too calculated. I think we would have seen an arrest by now if this was him snapping and creating a cover up plan after the fact. *I am so frustrated that justice has not been served.*

SmoothOperator-I just posted a link to a story from ClickOrlando, which is Powered by WKMG. Hope this helps with the info you wanted.

It's quite telling to know I just logged on within the hour and have already caught up from last night. I've barely heard Michelle's name on the news today. Apparently no one has any new info to share.

I was hopeful that silence was a good thing and that an arrest was imminent. Now it's either the trails are ice cold or they truly are about to break the case open. I lean more toward ice at this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G *
I would like to know why some folks feel that Dale, Sr. is part of either helping Dale with disposing of Michelle, or throwing the cellphone in the river or coming to pick up the children, or driving one of the vehicles or picking up Dale at the parking lot?

Is it because of a 20 second spot on TV when Dale Sr. stated Dale was there the entire time of Michelle's disappearance?

Dale Sr., was inserted before the raid, and before the custody hearing and I am just plain curious.

I can't imagine my son calling me to help him dispose of a body, or driving a vehicle of his girlfriends to help him leave it in a parking lot, or ask me to throw a cellphone in a river, etc., etc.

I couldn't imagine my brother calling our father for help in any form with regards to covering up a murder. Heck, my father would have probably murdered my brother if he knew my brother did something like that. My father was really "old-school" and strict and arrogant like Dale, Sr.

Some that may have had some thoughts on Sr and/or *possibly* being suspicious of him definitely were NOT just thoughts pulled out of thin air.. IOW Sr was in no way targeted early on.. But I'll give a perfect example of why suspicion seemed to be around the man.. His going on national television and making a statement of "his son was with him the whole time she was supposedly missing".. now I'm quite certain some will argue that the statement isn't odd, strange, *suspicious*.. To each their own, but to a good majority the statement is odd and does make ya scratch your head a bit at what and how the man states this giving his 40yr old son an alibi for the entirety of Michelle "supposedly" missing.. It alone and by itself does not lead to the conclusion of being suspicious of his being involved in the disappearance of Michelle.. It alone was just plain odd..*

Naa.. That's not what lead to there being real suspicion of Sr.. Nope that occurred very soon there after when LE/SWAT TEAM, fully armed with guns drawn, flash bangs ignited, tear gas emitted, and the door literally busted from it's hinges as they executed a judicially issued search warrant of Dale Sr.'s main residence and property.. Also in tow were cadaver dogs used within the execution of that warrant..*

Unlike how some have stated this was done with no good reason however the factual, truth of the matter could not be farther from "no good reason".. In fact LE had upon them a burden of proof that must meet the threshold of warranting a judge to issue and sign the document allowing LE to execute this search warrant, in this manner, on Dale Smith Sr.'s home.. Also having the burden of proof on them to prove there are valid grounds for their having cadaver dogs brought to the scene and used during the execution of this warrant..
This waaaaaay far exceeds invalid claims of "no good reason" and shows in fact there must be evidence presented to the judge to warrant their searching and using extremely "hard entry" onto said property and abode.

I know for me personally it was this event that forced me to take notice of Dale Sr and with that the question of could it be possible that this man had either or both of the following:
-Direct role in the disappearance(likely murder) and disposal of Michelle Parker.. As well as *direct role after-the-fact covering up that murder..
-OR-
-Does he have knowledge of any of the ^above^ and/or gave himself as an alibi for the times in which any of the ^above^ occurred.

Those are very legit and appropriate questions that come to many people's minds when seeing such a develop unfold in a case.. IOW there isnt even so much as a hint of a witch hunt going on where either of the Smith males are concerned, nor are there being giant leaps taken in drawing these ^above^ detailed conclusions as very real questions are warranted when such suspicious and some even quite telling developments have occurred in this case.

I personally did not read posts that were right off the bat(when the case first hit the media) calling for Sr.'s head and claiming he had a hand in killing and disposing of Michelle.. It was his strange/odd statement he made on national tv with his "supposedly Michelle was missing" comments that made me, personally say to myself that's a strange way of putting it.. But I, personally had no further thoughts at that time about Sr or his involvement.. Again, that came very soon thereafter with the extremely "hard entry" search warrant executed.. Only then did I conclude that it was very possible that this man may have either involvement or direct knowledge of the obvious murder/disposal of Michelle Parker.. There's no jumping to conclusions going on here where Sr is concerned.. The suspicion is warranted and there is good reason for it.. It's not inappropriate, nor is "closed-minded".. It's using everyday common sense and drawing a logical conclusion.. No rocket science necessary.. But it is based on facts and not emotion or gut instinct..*

As always to each their own but there definitely is not any unfair suspicions where Dale Wayne Smith Sr is concerned and definitely not where his son is concerned..

As always tho this is jmo!!

I have said all along that I believe this was premeditated all the way. If he just snapped I am not sure he could pull together all these pieces (discarding body, coordinating alibi, getting rid of hummer, no DNA that we know of). This seems way too calculated. I think we would have seen an arrest by now if this was him snapping and creating a cover up plan after the fact. *I am so frustrated that justice has not been served.*

I totally agree with you on the premeditation. I believe this was planned months in advance, and that the father was involved. I believe the father went home with DS to his condo, and father was already there when MP arrived. IMO MP was killed there at the condo, and each man drove one of the vehicles. One dropped off kids at grandparents home in the F150, and then met up with the other who had the H3 & MP. IMO both their cell phones were left at grandparent's home, so the ping shows that location the entire time. Possibly the men had throw-away cells. Either one or both of them dumped body. DS dumped MP's iphone, as no doubt he listened to her messages & read her texts. Maybe dumping it over the bridge was done on impulse, because he was mad at what he read. Not sure it was meant to be dumped there.

I believe there was even enough time to drive 30 minutes outside of location the Hummer was dumped at, and still be back to grandmother's home by 8P to call MP's mother back. I don't know when he returned this call to MP's mother.

I believe he/they were thinking no body, no murder charges. And, that they planned to hide MP well. IMO DS isn't afraid of prison....he's already been in the brig once. We don't know all of DS's father's past criminal record. If one were to pull up my stepfather's record one wouldn't see much online. However, LE would find the extensive criminal record dating back to the early 60s. Including a murder, prison time, and the shooting of three others. Just saying it is possible that DS's father has more of a past than we are aware of.

Plus, what else did DS have time to do while in the brig, but think. He could have been thinking of how to take care of his wife when he got out of the brig. He could have already had some of this current crime already created in his mind-is what I'm getting at.

Thanks so much farfalla.. And I apologize about misstating his name I should have searched for an article to make certain, as I don't want to appear as tho I'm being insensitive in my not even being able to correctly state or spell the victim's name. :blushing:

Would you mind telling again some of the details about your friends family member who was murdered(particularly where Dale is concerned as I find it could be pertinent to Michelle's case possibly).. I don't want to put erroneous info out there about it from just my recalling your early posts..

Thanks so much for replying:)

:seeya:
No worries & no need to apologize, Smooth, you didn't appear that way at all, was just clarifying in case you weren't returning any results if you were searching the wrong name? I'm a "she" btw, lol, & I wasn't sure if the poster that you were indeed referring to in your original post was me?
Now that it's come out in the MSM, I don't think that there's much more than I can add to the story that hasn't already been said, aside from the personal feelings & opinions about what happened told to me by my friend (we'll call her NT for ID purposes). Will reach out to her today & see if she has any more info that she can share, I DO know that the details of the 92 incident coming back to light have reopened some old wounds with the family, but will see what else that I can find out today, as well as figure out how to repost what I had intially reposted about it all...HTH :seeya:

Have I told you lately.............I heart you. :rocker:

Yeppers, teh you have! LOL I heart you too!:rocker:

PS...I'll see you "on the other side," IOW, on Friday or Saturday.....LOL

Side scan or Structure Scan sonar is readily available, and easy to use with a little practice. Considering the number of bass fishermen in the Orlando area, I am sure there is access to the technology if the searchers want. In fact I would be surprised that LE doesnt already have it.

We use very high tech sonar on our body recoveries that take place here in Louisiana. Mr Swamp know a company that owns the very expensive equipment and they have always been kind enough to donate the use of the equipment along with a few of their employees to work it, since they know how to do it. We are all volunteer so we could never afford it in our tiny town.

Many of the waterways here are murky and have alligators. One recovery mission brought the divers face to face with catfish that were huge, as big as the divers or bigger.

The sonar is also helpful in letting them be aware of the presence of large alligator or giant catfish lurking about.

Originally Posted by Patty G
I would like to know why some folks feel that Dale, Sr. is part of either helping Dale with disposing of Michelle, or throwing the cellphone in the river or coming to pick up the children, or driving one of the vehicles or picking up Dale at the parking lot?

Is it because of a 20 second spot on TV when Dale Sr. stated Dale was there the entire time of Michelle's disappearance?

Dale Sr., was inserted before the raid, and before the custody hearing and I am just plain curious.

I can't imagine my son calling me to help him dispose of a body, or driving a vehicle of his girlfriends to help him leave it in a parking lot, or ask me to throw a cellphone in a river, etc., etc.

I couldn't imagine my brother calling our father for help in any form with regards to covering up a murder.
Heck, my father would have probably murdered my brother if he knew my brother did something like that. My father was really "old-school" and strict and arrogant like Dale, Sr.

BBM

<modsnip> My ex's mother would have murdered for one of her "boys," just to keep their sorry azzes out of a sling. And there are more parents just like her out there, consider yourself fortunate you apparently have never met them.

<modsnip> What I am trying to get across is sometimes LE is spot on with their accusations. And folks need to understand that LE has way MORE info than they are sharing with the public at this point. So, I just have to believe they know what they are doing, and I will content to let them do whatever that is.

BBM at the very least it is assault (if Florida has assault), if not battery

ETA Florida does have assault
784.011 Assault.--

(1) An "assault" is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

and Battery

784.03 Battery; felony battery.--

(1)(a) The offense of battery occurs when a person:

1. Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or

2. Intentionally causes bodily harm to another person.

(b) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person who commits battery commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) A person who has one prior conviction for battery, aggravated battery, or felony battery and who commits any second or subsequent battery commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. For purposes of this subsection, "conviction" means a determination of guilt that is the result of a plea or a trial, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld or a plea of nolo contendere is entered.

So it looks like JR. could be charged with felony battery

So DS has a conviction from the death of the man that he and those younger guys participated in, is that a felony?

Does he have any other felonies?

I think the report should press charges and hopefully it would be a felony.

Then hopefully he will be charged with something in Michelle's case (or even something unrelated) that would be a felony. Wouldn't that make 3 strikes and he would be subject to the 3 strikes rule and be given a lengthy sentence.

If they can't get him for Michelle's murder then I want to see this happen. That reporter would be helping Michelle's family by pressing charges.

I hope DS screws up again (and he will) and gets sent to prison for a loooooong time. Just like OJ who got cocky and really effed up by doing that robbery in the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member