Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR had babysat for them before. Bella's mom trusted him with her life. I'm sure she thought he was an upstanding guy. He'd just gotten out of rehab and had no place to go. I wonder why. /sarcasm :mad:

Grogan said Rector had been close with the family for years, even watching the girls several times in the past.

"I trusted him with my life. My children are my life, and now one of them is gone and they want to take the other one from me," Grogan said.

Grogan said Rector never showed signs of aggression until recently. She said his ex-girlfriend recently filed police reports accusing him of strangling her pets.

"Something triggered in his head, and he just got off on strangling, I guess. He strangled my daughter to death. That's how she died," Grogan said.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26463107/mother-on-childs-accused-killer-i-trusted-him
I always trust people who strangle animals with my life. Doesn't everyone? (Yes, that is sarcasm). Some people should never talk to the press. They just shouldn't. JMO.

The 10 yo has lived in multiple homes, her and her sisters have been involved with CPS for years, and has seen more sorrow, fear and now tragedy than most kids her age. Grandparents are the only ones the kids have been able to trust. I mean she's older than her years, more than likely, as kids forced into that lifestyle usually are.

It's disturbing to me that her credibility is now in question, because she could tell more than the incident that night, leading up to Bella's death. I'd believe her over anyone else that's spoken to the media. BTW Whenever I read an article like in the Mohave Valley Daily News yesterday, I always check the fb pages of people like friends in an article. We can't discuss those here, however, I'd encourage people to do so themselves. http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_2b908420-3660-11e4-a821-0019bb2963f4.html

You hit the nail on the head ! That 10 year old is more of an adult than her worthless parents . She's stuck in a home where there is no real structure no supervision no accountability . As the oldest in this kind of environment I've seen many times where they become the adult to he younger siblings .

"Rector was found near Highway 95 and Walmart about 3:20 a.m. Tuesday. Police learned he had stolen a pair of shoes, underwear and a shirt from the store. He admitted to leaving his old shoes in the store and hiding his old short along the highway. Detectives recovered video of the theft along with the shirt and shoes."

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...tor-arrest-murder/c6Pw5lyRv0qWbv42DfoRfA.cspx

Yep, we know for a fact he was there, and what time. Although the time frame for him has not been released, that I'm aware of.
B&RBM: That tells me what I didn't want to actually know.

Does anyone have any links from MSM to confirm why the forensics team, K9 unit and several police vehicles were at the family home today?

My guess is LE is attempting to determine (or rule out possible locations of) the death scene. It is possible Isabella was not murdered at the burial location.

Since AZ is a death penalty state, I wonder if JJR is trying to negotiate a deal for life in return for testimony against others, whether it be for their involvement in this case or unrelated crimes.

The text messages were actually Facebook messages and I and thousands of other people have seen them as posted on social media. The sister also confirmed such messages according to the police report.

Why is it difficult to believe that someone desperate for drugs, money or both with a history of violent and unpredictable behaviour, would not use a child as collateral?

I was looking through this site https://www.facebook.com/mohavevalleydailynews?ref=br_tf.... I don't know if this has been seen or discussed, but if you scroll down to this, [h=5]Mohave Valley Daily News[/h]September 5

Accounts at two banks have been set up to accept donations in memory of Isabelle (Bella) Grogan-Cannella. has 67 posts

scroll down to post from J.F.S Sept 5th 10:40pm. It's a screen shot, click on it an it will enlarge so you can read it.I have know idea what this could mean. but I check the Facebook names of 2 on the screen shot 1. T. H 2. K. Q. They both seem to know JJR and at least TG sister. T H seems to freak out on his facebook. K.Q makes a weird accusation that JJR supposely told her. I'm totally confused now. Any one seen this?

My guess is LE is attempting to determine (or rule out possible locations of) the death scene. It is possible Isabella was not murdered at the burial location.
Not only the death scene, but the scene of anything else that may have happened, as well, both the night of the murder and previously ( in case anything had happened previously).

"Rector was found near Highway 95 and Walmart about 3:20 a.m. Tuesday. Police learned he had stolen a pair of shoes, underwear and a shirt from the store. He admitted to leaving his old shoes in the store and hiding his old short along the highway. Detectives recovered video of the theft along with the shirt and shoes."

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news...tor-arrest-murder/c6Pw5lyRv0qWbv42DfoRfA.cspx

Yep, we know for a fact he was there, and what time. Although the time frame for him has not been released, that I'm aware of.

What I want to know is why would he need new underwear, a new shirt, and new shoes, yet his shorts were ok? Forgive me, but I'm just not understanding this at all.

The text messages were actually Facebook messages and I and thousands of other people have seen them as posted on social media. The sister also confirmed such messages according to the police report.

Why is it difficult to believe that someone desperate for drugs, money or both with a history of violent and unpredictable behaviour, would not use a child as collateral?

I've never claimed the scenario you described (i.e. someone desperate for drugs, etc.) is not possible. My contention is, there is yet no evidence of that scenario.

I've seen the many messages on the FB accounts of the involved parties and their friends .. and none of them were from JJR to TG attempting to extort money-for-child. As far as that is concerned, unless LE reports they've concluded "extortion" messages were sent/received, IMO they do not exist.

The timing is curious though. They already did a thorough forensics sweep of the house and in my experience, they rarely come back AFTER the scene has been cleared. Especially with that amount of police presence in one swoop. It usually only occurs when there has been new information. I can't see ME findings being so surprising that it requires this level of LE.

It goes to my speculation - is JJR talking or has an additional witness come forward?

What I want to know is why would he need new underwear, a new shirt, and new shoes, yet his shorts were ok? Forgive me, but I'm just not understanding this at all.

Very likely, JJR raped Isabella ... he wouldn't have been wearing his short ....

Shoes were probably muddy, at the very least. Shirt may have had mud on it as well, since he probably buried her with his hands. Shorts may not have been very dirty, or he may not have been able to find his size, but most likely, you can try on shoes without going to a fitting room, a man can put a shirt on without a fitting room, and you can grab a pair of underwear to put on later. You can't really strip down and remove your shorts at all, no matter what sex you are. Needing underwear needs no explanation.

I'm sure LE is hard at work on this case. They have so much to do.

Aside from DNA evidence, the one piece of evidence I'm sure will pop up will be the entry/exit times of JRR, TG, RF, and any others with them at the time at Wallmart.

Someone mentioned that all the cameras in that Wallmart aren't on all night. However, I'm sure there are cameras at the entrances and exits as well as over the check-out counters.

I am extremely curious to know when and if TG and RF entered the store, if they bought anything, and when they exited. Will we see signs of shoplifting from them as well? If they were there, they must have some video. It would sure tighten up the timeline. Do we get to see TG talking on the cell phone and see some reaction?

As for JGG, I'm sure he has to be there.

Something in the back of my mind wonders if the happy couple ever went to Wallmart at all.

LE has to be spending a ton of time on this!

BTW, I rarely enter Walmart, the lights there and over-abundance of STUFF makes me light-headed and dizzy. Same with Target.

Your entire post is on my wishlist, how did you know? LOL

I might qualify myself on realizing such a scenario is possible .. as my best friend's sister had involved herself in a drug culture (due to her involvement with a rock band and all that goes with the stereotypical assumptions) and had spent much time with her (roadie / technical / sound) and was involved with more than one intervention scene and 'babysitting' periods.

I am well aware that drug dependency causes a sense of delusion, lies and thievery .. and it is possible in this case but as of yet there are no LE-verified facts that show it applies for this particular crime.

I wanted to add this is beginning to remind me A LOT of Haleigh Cummings circumstances. Sigh... at least we have Bella's body and a perp in custody for her murder.

I've also posted that this case reminded me of Haleigh Cummings. A lot of similarity.

I always trust people who strangle animals with my life. Doesn't everyone? (Yes, that is sarcasm). Some people should never talk to the press. They just shouldn't. JMO.

I disagree, they should. All of their distorted values and self centred thoughts should go on record and show them as they really are.
There is a lot to be learned from what TG is spewing.

I was looking through this site https://www.facebook.com/mohavevalleydailynews?ref=br_tf.... I don't know if this has been seen or discussed, but if you scroll down to this, Mohave Valley Daily News

September 5

Accounts at two banks have been set up to accept donations in memory of Isabelle (Bella) Grogan-Cannella. has 67 posts

scroll down to post from J.F.S Sept 5th 10:40pm. It's a screen shot, click on it an it will enlarge so you can read it.I have know idea what this could mean. but I check the Facebook names of 2 on the screen shot 1. T. H 2. K. Q. They both seem to know JJR and at least TG sister. T H seems to freak out on his facebook. K.Q makes a weird accusation that JJR supposely told her. I'm totally confused now. Any one seen this?

I saw that two days ago. "...after he was already accused." "Accused"? By whom? Is that meant to include talk of the towners had accused him or after he was arrested? If it was before, he'd say anything to deflect guilt and if it was after he was arrested how could he have discussed what happened with someone outside of LE?

I am not convinced TG put out a hit on her own daughter. Given the culture it is *remotely possible* .. but I do not sense that in this case.

I thought the autopsy results stated she wasn't sexually assaulted.

:seeya: Heads up, guys! I'm working on a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong