PA - Gary Byer for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Schwenksville, 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
Poor kid...I'm so glad he had the courage to come forward. May the sick pedo burn in hell.

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. — A youth hockey coach was being accused of having a sexual relationship with a young boy, starting when the boy was 7.
Montgomery County authorities say it continued until the boy tearfully told his mother about the activities earlier this month at age 10.
Assistant District Attorney Risa Ferman said 66-year-old Gary Byer of Schwenksville didn't know the boy through hockey. Authorities still were looking for any others who may have been molested. So far, prosecutors don't have any evidence of any inappropriate acts in connection with Byer's coaching activities. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289224,00.html

If this molestation didn't happen through hockey, I wonder how the 66 year old freak did have access to this little boy for at least three years.

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. — A youth hockey coach was being accused of having a sexual relationship with a young boy, starting when the boy was 7.

I wish like hell that journalists would stop using phrases like "had a sexual relationship with a young boy", when the correct phrase would be "began sexually assaulting a young boy when the boy was 7".

It's not a relationship. Ugh.

I wish like hell that journalists would stop using phrases like "had a sexual relationship with a young boy", when the correct phrase would be "began sexually assaulting a young boy when the boy was 7".

Yes! I totally agree.

You are so right. "Relationship" seems to imply some sort of agreement between the parties. Definitely not the case here and in so many others.

I emailed them with a complaint about this type of wording.

I emailed them with a complaint about this type of wording.

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that in my griping........your approach has a lot more potential for making a change, and I appreciate it :)

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_193145821.html

See link above for more details on the charges..

"Police said they discovered DVD's and VHS tapes burning on an outside grill when they arrived at Byer's Schwenksville home. Authorities said Byer confessed the videos showed hime having sex with his 10-year-old victim."

http://www.nbc10.com/newsarchive/13671543/detail.html

"Very recently, this little boy came home from seeing Mr. Byer and was crying and asking his mother if it was OK that this was the sort of thing that the man was doing with him," Ferman said. "

"NBC 10's Deanna Durante reported that court papers state the boy gave police graphic and detailed accounts of what he said happened"

"Court papers said Byer videotaped himself and the boy engaging in sexual acts, and the boy told police that Byer made him sign a contract as to what sex acts woud take place."
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
That poor little boy.. I cant imagine what he has had to endure off this ba%#ar$.. So another example of a sick son of a b*&^% pedo molesting another child and destroying countless lives.. I do wonder how many other children there have been over the course of his coaching years.. I suspect many of those children ( some now adults) are not likely to come forward. This little boy is extremely brave and to have provided the LE with the amount of information that they appear to have hopefully its enought to have the pedo locked up for life..and that somehow just doesnt seem like enough punishment.

My prayers to this extraordinarily brave young boy and his family.

The wording of "sexual relationship" didn't bother me. Relationship is a neutral word to me describing contact (negative or positive) between people. The very fact that it was a sexual relationship between an older man and a child says all that needs to be said, IMHO.

I wonder if other victims will come first. I highly doubt this boy was the predators first victim.

In the dictionary relationship if defined as an association or involvement between people. The freak coach was raping a child and filming the whole thing. I hope he spend the rest of his life in prison since they won't really punish these people appropriately.

Published: Saturday, November 08, 2008

By CARL HESSLER Jr.
For The Times Herald

COURTHOUSE — Calling a Lower Frederick man’s conduct the “highest violation of the trust of a child,” a judge sent the onetime volunteer with area youth ice hockey organizations to prison for sexually assaulting a boy.

Gary L. Byer, 68, of the first block of Berger Lane, was sentenced in Montgomery County Court on Friday to 15 to 30 years in a state correctional facility in connection with incidents that occurred between 2004 and 2007 with a boy who was between the ages of 8 and 11.

BBM more at link

http://www.timesherald.com/articles/2008/11/08/news/doc491525e73ffbd022801552.txt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back