FL - Judy Hall for child endangerment, Gulf Breeze, 2009

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A woman was arrested today after police found that she brought two guns and a knife to Gulf Breeze High School.

Judy Hall, 61, of 1100 block of Finch Drive in Gulf Breeze is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, bringing a gun onto a school camps and resisting arrest without violence.

Hall’s arrest comes on the 10-year anniversary of the Columbine High School shootings that left 12 students and a teacher dead. The two students who carried out the massacre were dressed in trench coats.

(snipped)

Hall was arrested after coming to school this morning to talk with Gulf Breeze school resource officer Kerstan Tatro about an incident that happened at the school Friday that involved her son.

From his office, Tatro could see Hall put on the trench coat as she talked with her son.

Paulding said it appears as if Hall’s son, a freshman at the school, tried to talk to his mother out what she was doing.

Tatro approached Hall in the parking lot and the two started to talk.

Hall told the officer that “anyone could walk in the school with a trench coat on and a gun in their pocket and start killing people,” Gulf Breeze police said in a statement.

(snipped)

Other officers went to the school to help Tatro, and another gun was found in Hall’s truck, the release said. Police also searched Hall’s home and found two handguns, two rifles and a shotgun.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090420/NEWS01/90420019

WTH - now we have parents bringing guns to school??

I live in Gulf Breeze (my DS are not yet in HS) and our whole community is just freaked out by this. I feel especially bad for her son:(

What is this world coming to? People are so bizarre. Maybe it is just the instant info we are exposed to. I worry for our babies and grand babies.

Hugs to everyone here. this (WS) is the only place I feel safe anymore.

Good Lord! A mother? I don't know what to say, except, THANK GOD it was discovered before anyone was hurt or killed!

Home schooling is actually looking like an option for me!

:crazy:I swear- the more I read, the more I am am sure that this world is populated with nutballs! I am sure she will say that she was just trying to prove a point, and that she is mentally unstable. Uh, ya think!

OY VEY!:crazy::crazy:

OK! I read all the comments from that link and, from what students are saying........

Hall's son had a list of people he was going to kill on Hitler's B-day. It was posted on You Tube about a month ago, but has now been taken down.

Did anyone else read the comments about her son posting a video on youtube re killings planned for today? (video was pulled) He was also known to wear trench coats.

Wonder if the mother was either involved with video or one of her son's friends warned her this AM of her sons intent and she is now covering him? Will be interesting to read what an investigation finds.

ETA Just saw your posts, Lovejac, going to read link now. Thanks.

OK! I read all the comments from that link and, from what students are saying........

Hall's son had a list of people he was going to kill on Hitler's B-day. It was posted on You Tube about a month ago, but has now been taken down.

I heard about this YouTube video list about 100 freshman last week and just thought it was a rumor/urban legend. From what I'm hearing now (hearsay/rumor alert!!), her son didn't make the video, but was included in the 100 freshmen that would be hurt/killed.

ALL parents I've spoken with today are concerned about the son's well-being (and no one has any fears about him -- they see his Mom as the perp., not him). Most parents have commented that he can't go back to GBHS, simply cuz of the stigma associated with the incident with his Mom.

It's just sad on many levels:(

Again, these are just rumors!!

If the son was on the hitler list then maybe she was trying to make a point about school safety and them not doing enough about the threat. She did make her point I suppose, and may have just been a gun collector. Getting arrested when you still have a child at home is not good though.

I will definitely be interested to see what comes out.

I wonder if the son was the victim of bullying?

I live not far from gulf breeze and I have heard she did indeed have the guns but she didnt have them for the intent to hurt or kill anyone...I heard it was all blown out of portion, this coming from a school employee

How is bringing a gun to a school blown out of proportion whether she was trying to prove a point or not? Sounds like this mom isn't stable enough to own a gun. What a nut case.

i didnt say it was right.... it was incredibly stupid and she will pay dearly for it...

Bond set for trench coat mom

Bond was set at $22,500 for Judy Hall, the Gulf Breeze mother arrested Tuesday at Gulf Breeze High School on charges of carrying a concealed gun, bringing a gun to school and resisting arrest without violence.

“I just want to go home,” Hall said burying her face in her hands during a video appearance before Santa Rosa County Judge Ross Bilbrey.

“I’m not dangerous. I’m not violent. I didn’t want to cause any of this. I’m innocent. It was stupid. I’m not a threat to anyone. It was a mistake.”

At times looking anxious and confused during a video appearance, Hall perked to attention when Bilbrey talked to her about the conditions of her bond.

(snipped)
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090421/NEWS01/90421010

And, here's the arrest report:
http://www.pnj.com/assets/pdf/DP133203421.PDF

Judy Hall, the local mother who created a stir by taking weapons onto the Gulf Breeze High School campus last April 20, said her actions were prompted by years of bullying of a son by his peers.

Hall, 62, recently was sentenced to 60 months probation for possessing a weapon on school property. Her case drew national attention when she was arrested at the school wearing a trench coat and found to be in possession of an unloaded pistol and a pocket knife. Another loaded handgun was discovered in her vehicle. The drama unfolded on the 10th anniversary of the Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colo.

In a letter to Circuit Judge Thomas Santurri written last July, Hall said one of her sons had endured “much suffering, a lifetime of tears, and an unconscionable amount of years of bullying.”

(snip)

http://www.gulfbreezenews.com/news/2010-04-15/News/Alleged_bullying_root_of_campus_gun_case.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back