Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths members,

Marc Klaas, Polly Klaas's dad, will be answering our questions Wednesday August 6th, 7:00 PM Pacific and 10:00 PM Eastern.

During the hour we will take questions from Weblseuths members only but the chat will be open to the public for reading.

We are setting up the chat room as we speak so check back here for the link and the information.

Marc has appeared many times on Nancy Grace and other major network programs discussing Caylee's case and other true crime cases in the news.

Marc Klaas is a dear friend of Websleuths and we look forward to his chat.

To join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

make sure the flag is set to the correct language

hit connect

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in #websleuths for channel name then hit join

Tricia

Everybody probably thinks I'm all stuck up or something because I never go into chat anymore.

:(The fact is, something fizzed on my puter and I lost the ability to get chat to work.:(

So you all have fun and enjoy Marc Klass. He seems like a very nice man and has done a lot in our state for missing children. Well, a lot for children everywhere.

fran

Everybody probably thinks I'm all stuck up or something because I never go into chat anymore.

:(The fact is, something fizzed on my puter and I lost the ability to get chat to work.:(

So you all have fun and enjoy Marc Klass. He seems like a very nice man and has done a lot in our state for missing children. Well, a lot for children everywhere.

fran

No worries my dear. I think we are going to have Marc join the forum and we will post the question and he will answer by replying in a post. Not as quick as chat but better for everyone around. That way you can certainly attend even if you only read.

No worries my dear. I think we are going to have Marc join the forum and we will post the question and he will answer by replying in a post. Not as quick as chat but better for everyone around. That way you can certainly attend even if you only read.

Great! But Fran, there is a brand new Chat link, I lost the ability to get into the old one too. As long as you have Javascript on your computer, you don't have to do anything special, but type out websleuths vs. WS for the channel, I learned that last night. Nobody was in the WS channel, but 13 people were on the websleuths channel.

He is a great man and a wonderful friend of the forum. He won't mince words. He will say what I know many of you are thinking about this case.
It will be very lively I know that. :)

Thank you so much Tricia for all that you do for Websleuths, and thank you to you and Marc Klaas for arranging him to answer questions or give his opinion on this case, that is AWESOME!!

Thanks again....:blowkiss:

Kel

That will be awesome... can't wait to hear what he has to say... his insight will definitely be appreciated!

Oh, this is exciting news! I respect Mark K. very much and his input will be very welcomed! I am sure our members will come up with some brilliant questions for him. I can hardly wait! (I hope it will be when everyone is off work in the evening tho!!)

He is a great man and a wonderful friend of the forum. He won't mince words. He will say what I know many of you are thinking about this case.
It will be very lively I know that. :)

Tricia, that is fantastic, I have always admired his ability to advance the issue of missing children and contribute his thoughts to these cases in the face of the loss of his dear Polly. I'm not sure if you think this a worthwhile suggestion, but perhaps in an effort to streamline the dialog and maximize Mr. Klaas's contribution for the hour, we might consider submitting questions in advance, and narrowing down the list based on the submissions?

Just a thought.

Great minds think alike - this is the concept we have been discussing!

I think that would be a better idea too so he does not get duplicate questions etc. I really like and respect Marc Klaas:)

What a wonderful idea!!! Many thanks for arranging such an honor with this Special Guest Appearance!

my question to Mark is this:
has Amy HUIZENGA's car that Casey barrowed while she{AMY] was on her trip for the week[ and the car Casey picked Amy up from the airport with] been taken by LE & checked for DNA?

I'm looking forward to this! I have the upmost respect for this man and consider it an honor that he would be here with us to answer questions about Caylee's case. :)

It is normally how those type of chats are conducted on media sites when you have a guest Q/A session. As a rule, it is set up so the questions first appear to the staff then are relayed into chat after deemed appropriate to be asked. It cuts out the possibility for people to be rude, off topic, or simply asking questions which have been answered. You can also ask for questions to be submitted ahead of time and work through them first which will guide the interview to keep the flow and topic on target.

It is normally how those type of chats are conducted on media sites when you have a guest Q/A session. As a rule, it is set up so the questions first appear to the staff then are relayed into chat after deemed appropriate to be asked. It cuts out the possibility for people to be rude, off topic, or simply asking questions which have been answered. You can also ask for questions to be submitted ahead of time and work through them first which will guide the interview to keep the flow and topic on target.

That might work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member