Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

Mouth is a different shape. The woman in the photo has higher cheekbones and I think her jaw isn't as square.

Mouth is a different shape. The woman in the photo has higher cheekbones and I think her jaw isn't as square.

Neither of those aspects are ruleouts for me. I think we see less of the fur coat girl's upper cheekbones than we think we do because of all that hair, and the full width of the jaw is going to look different to the straight on view because it is hidden on one side by hair and on the other side by her face being rotated around some degrees.

The deal breaker for me is that where the corner of her eyes line up with her nose, just below the bridge, the Doe has less narrowing of the ridge of the nose than our missing gal. I've tried to work out whether the slightly lower angle could account for the difference, but I think not.

The two things that most speak to me that it is the missing girl is that the resemblence of the tip of the nose is remarkable, and (I know this sounds corny and I'm not even religious so I've got no business even thinking it) her eyes seem to be looking out at us from the same type of "soul", if you know what I mean?

Definitely I'd be interested in seeing more pics of either of them, just in case.

Ooops, I think I got the threading wrong and you were replying to the other comparison, not the Aussie girl? Disregard my reply.

Neither of those aspects are ruleouts for me. I think we see less of the fur coat girl's upper cheekbones than we think we do because of all that hair, and the full width of the jaw is going to look different to the straight on view because it is hidden on one side by hair and on the other side by her face being rotated around some degrees.

The deal breaker for me is that where the corner of her eyes line up with her nose, just below the bridge, the Doe has less narrowing of the ridge of the nose than our missing gal. I've tried to work out whether the slightly lower angle could account for the difference, but I think not.

The two things that most speak to me that it is the missing girl is that the resemblence of the tip of the nose is remarkable, and (I know this sounds corny and I'm not even religious so I've got no business even thinking it) her eyes seem to be looking out at us from the same type of "soul", if you know what I mean?

Definitely I'd be interested in seeing more pics of either of them, just in case.

I think they look a lot alike, though the Alcala photo gal looks quite a bit younger to me. Also it seems to me that the Alcala girl has a smaller forehead, the Aussie girls is quite a bit higher from eyebrows to hairline and the distance between the eyebrows looks measurably different. But they DO look a lot alike!

Hopefully Im doing this properly.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00901.jpg

If you click on this link (didnt want to insert it and make the margins crazy) you can click the photo and it makes it huge - we were originally unsure if what looked like bruises on her face were actual bruises or just the way the light was hitting her face. Her upper lip appears busted too.

Someone said it looked like her mouth had been duct taped. Im not sure if she had tape over her mouth (it really looks like it to me) or if he did that while trying to keep her quiet but it seems to me its some sort of injury, not lighting. I could be completely wrong though!

If you zoom in on her photo you can see tears in her eyes.

A possible Jane Doe match for this girl, based upon nose shape, location of grave and timeframe.
NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78
NY NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html

A possible Jane Doe match for this girl, based upon nose shape, location of grave and timeframe.
NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78
NY NY Irondequoit Doe 1988 Est. Death '72-'78 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/122ufny.html

Interesting, this morning I was just re-examining the original thread we had when we started this and someone had suggested the same JD for the Brown haired girl in the Beige Shirt. I think either one is a possible without any further info.

When you enlarge her picture it looks like she has a scar just above her left eyelid. Is that just me? Does anyone else notice it?

When you enlarge her picture it looks like she has a scar just above her left eyelid. Is that just me? Does anyone else notice it?

It could be.

f3i0j7.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/ladyinterference/righteye.jpg

These are just my quick observations (and the most primitive Windows Paint job *ever*) from looking at the original, full-sized photo on the Nancy Grace website:

1. Black circled area looks to be like a small bandage. I don't know if there were bandages of all different sizes and shapes back when this photo was taken, the way there is today, but this looks to be a small, plastic, bandage. At first I thought it was just a part of her hair but then I noticed a ridge at the bottom of what I felt looked like a bandage.
2. Dark blue circled area looks to be from a bruise on the upper eyebrow area that's being partly obscured by the hair. I know that you can also get a similar effect from having your eyebrows waxed, but that's the only alternative I can think of to "bruising". And sure, you can get bruising like that from accidentally banging that area onto a hard surface, e.g. a wooden door frame, but considering the circumstances and the expression on the poor girl's face... not very likely.
3. Red circled area comes from either watery eyes as per from an allergy or from tears pooling up at the bottom of one's eyes, ready to roll down. I personally couldn't see any tears rolling down her cheek, but by the amount of water pooled at the bottom, tears were imminent, within a couple of minutes of this photo being taken.

I also noticed the position of the eyebrows in the original photo, the widened eyes (there's a tenseness at the bottom of the eyes that seems to be stretching out a couple of small creases this poor girl possessed in her lifetime -- they indicate a young age because of how few of them there were and their delicateness), and the slightly downturned shape of the girl's lips. She doesn't look happy, she doesn't look bored, she doesn't look angry, delighted, surprised, content, sardonic, bitter, elated, pensive, meditative, or tired. She looks scared out of her wits. Poor girl. :(

Just some random thoughts. I thought I'd just cast them out into the open.

If you look really closely at the cheek area, you can almost see a line that looks like where tape would have been. Almost like glue residue.

Before I read your post I thought this poor girl has a moustache burn, from being forcibly kissed by a male with course stubble, but now that you have pointied out a possible tape line, I clearly see it. She is a hauntingly beautiful girl, I hope we find that she is alive and well.

Before I read your post I thought this poor girl has a moustache burn, from being forcibly kissed by a male with course stubble, but now that you have pointied out a possible tape line, I clearly see it. She is a hauntingly beautiful girl, I hope we find that she is alive and well.

Im certain it was tape (or something sticky) - we kind of went back and forth about the area around her mouth as it could have been a million things that could have caused it (even shadows) but then I found strand of her hair actually sticking to the other side of her face in the photo of her. The photo is below and it makes me 99.9% certain her mouth was was taped.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

This photo bugs me more than most of them because there is NOTHING in the photo that gives any clues - the only hope that she has to be found seems to be someone seeing the photo and recognizing her and thats something I doubt will happen considering the amount of time these photos have been out with no hits yet.

She really haunts me.

For some reason the color of her photo and the way the background is reminds me of these other girls that were in his stash.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01541.jpg
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01561.jpg

Mainly, if you look in the background of both of the above photos there appear to be lines going from to top right(ish) part of the photo to the bottom that almost look like film/camera defects..

Now look at her photo

And the background on the right seems to have the same type of lines.

Not on the computer with photoshop right now, will post side by sides later.

Maybe they were shot through gauze to soften the effect??

For some reason the color of her photo and the way the background is reminds me of these other girls that were in his stash.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01541.jpg
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01561.jpg

Mainly, if you look in the background of both of the above photos there appear to be lines going from to top right(ish) part of the photo to the bottom that almost look like film/camera defects..

Now look at her photo

And the background on the right seems to have the same type of lines.

Not on the computer with photoshop right now, will post side by sides later.

PL, at first I thought it may have been the speed of the film. However, I think it's the lighting. Maybe he was trying to be an artiste.:rolleyes:

It's difficult to light only the subject if the background is close to them. With cameo girl in the white shirt you can actually if you look closely see the background. He had to be doing something with the lighting.

If I recall correctly the further away the photographer is from the subject the easier that is to do with proper lighting. Also, it reminded me of when photographers use a hair light. A halo.

Lil E if it was shot through gauze then the entire photograph would have that appearance.

Don't quote me on any of this as I am not a photographer. I only worked for one for a significant period of time. Notice how much I paid attention? I never did the lighting. I just was on the sales end, but say in while the photographer checked the lighting and all before they did portraits. That was pre digi and all though.

Also both girls have dark hair and that would blend in with a dark background if not lit properly.

Who knows what is in the mind of a mad lunatic? I just pray these girls are safe somewhere. I always feel sick to my stomach looking at these photographs.

Lil E if it was shot through gauze then the entire photograph would have that appearance.

Don't quote me on any of this as I am not a photographer. I only worked for one for a significant period of time. Notice how much I paid attention? I never did the lighting. I just was on the sales end, but say in while the photographer checked the lighting and all before they did portraits. That was pre digi and all though.

I was just taking a wild guess about the gauze, I know nothing about photography. Since you have some experience in the field, I trust your judgment on it. ;)

For what its worth,...something about this girl reminds me of Rose Cole. I realize Alcala was imprisoned at the time, but if Rose ran away perhaps he met her after his release in Aug of 74...???

Rose Cole

I was just taking a wild guess about the gauze, I know nothing about photography. Since you have some experience in the field, I trust your judgment on it. ;)

Oh trusting my judgement could be trouble, Lil'E. You may be right about the gauze. I wasn't the best lighting assistant.:crazy:

For what its worth,...something about this girl reminds me of Rose Cole. I realize Alcala was imprisoned at the time, but if Rose ran away perhaps he met her after his release in Aug of 74...???

Rose Cole

dhfm13.jpg

Side by side - to me her lips/mouth area dont match but Im not the best at that sort of thing!

Rose apperantly wrote to her family saying she would not write again or come back until she was 18 - she would have turned 18 in December of '74. So she was 'planning' to remain a runaway until then already. Unless she had died prior to August 1974 - or is still alive out there somewhere - the dates don't seem an issue.

dhfm13.jpg

Side by side - to me her lips/mouth area dont match but Im not the best at that sort of thing!

It's like the width between her nose and top lip is not the same.

Also tough is the eyebrows. Rose Cole looked like she plucked her eyebrows overboard on the outside closest to the nose. You know what I mean? Then again eyebrows grow in.

Definately seeing the scar now on our girl's left top of her eye closer to her brow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back