George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he would get to the point. He could say what he has to say in 1/3 of the time. He's BORING. IMO

Good morning, all!

MOM is sooo much easier to listen to than BDLA, IMO.

I think he is nervous this morning and hasn't settled in to his groove yet. But believe me, even if it feels boring to us, that jury is on the edge of their seat yesterday and today, listening very intently.

IMO

MOM already used the typical defense move in closing of having the defendent stand up and MOM putting his hands on him to huminize him. I'm pretty sure this is SOP in defense closing arguments, IMO..or maybe i'm still reliving the JA trial

Such a radical change in the speaking tone and demeanor than the raised voice we heard from BDLR yesterday.

If the evidence for the State's case is not there, you have to be fair. (I just made that up.) :blushing: MOO

Good Morning all! I appreciate our diversity and respect for one another!

Honey, don't worry so much. Although we watch what is live streamed, we are not seeing all that the jury sees. They are the finders of fact and we will all respect, not necessarily like, their verdict. None of us can influence the process, so please don't worry. :seeya:

I am not worried about the reaction of the people but the influence thinking about it may have on the jury.

I am only concerned about the jury feeling free to make the right decision, not the popular one.

I can not imagine what it feels like to be the last one talking for your client. The one whose words may help save him from prison for a long time or not...

FYI

Most of the pundits last night, excluding those who are overly biased for both sides, were all over the board with the prosecution's closing. Some say it was good, some not so good. Most agree there were some good points but also bad points.

Thank goodness, pundits won't be deciding this case. Most of them are "entertainment" and their views are slanted to keep viewers interested and the ratings for their show high.

The only thing that really matters is what the jury decides.

JMO

He NEEDS to get to the point, to make a memorable statement. What I'm hearing is a lot of nothing. GET ON WITH IT, to the point, these people aren't stupid.

It is an extremely poor introduction to closing... IMO

i agree that he's starting off pretty slow. i have a feeling he will build up steam towards the end and have his strongest points towards the end. it kinda seems like he might be going over the law portion first. imo

I'd expect MOM to seperate the emotion from the facts and evidence. This case should be decided based on the facts and the evidence, not emotion. Not simply because a 17 year old was unarmed and not simply because a 28 year old was armed. Look the the circumstances, look at the facts and evidence.

That is all good, fine and right but humans are not robots. Just sayin' MOO

IMO, he's boring everybody to death. I've only listened to a few minutes. West would be doing a better job.

He NEEDS to get to the point, to make a memorable statement. What I'm hearing is a lot of nothing. GET ON WITH IT, to the point, these people aren't stupid.

I think he is doing a good thing.. Explaining what Reasonable doubt is and showing that it is the evidence not the filling in of the gaps that makes the case..

My belated thanks to MaHouston for posting GZ pictures at the police station, where he looked uninjured, and with a faint rectangle mark on his nose. The mention of recoil is also interesting. in the light of the faint mark

An INNOCENT teenager on his way home has been killed with nothing but a fruit drink and skittles on him. The grown man who shot him dead walked away free until the case caught national attention. The evidence showed no sign of GZ's DNA on TM, no eye witnesses, there were no medical documentation, yet we're asked to believe that TM had repeatedly punched GZ's face and smashed his head against concrete. The dead victim somehow became the villain....IMO

BBM

This has been the narrative from the state (and those who side with the state) from day one. That is simply the emotion talking. Constantly banging on the fact that TM was innocent, that he was carrying skittles (associated as being something a child would buy, etc). The reality is nobody knows how 'innocent' TM was that night. Being unarmed doesn't make one innocent alone. It doesn't speak to TM's state of mind that night.

This case was brought forth because of emotion, not facts. It shouldn't be decided as such.

I think that his manner is easy to watch and that he is going to lead them softly..

Thank goodness, pundits won't be deciding this case. Most of them are "entertainment" and their views are slanted to keep viewers interested and the ratings for their show high.

The only thing that really matters is what the jury decides.

JMO

That's why we call them "talking heads". I have NO idea who these people are, just heard the names, and they mean NOTHING to me - just disembodies heads going blah, blah, ad nauseum.

he's going over all the legal stuff first so that he can frame his really big argument around what he already told them about the law, IMO.

This is not exciting talk but I think it's necessary before looking at the evidence or lack thereof.

I think he is doing a good thing.. Explaining what Reasonable doubt is and showing that it is the evidence not the filling in of the gaps that makes the case..

BBM

I would think that being able to understand "reasonable doubt" in legal terms is one of the hardest thing for jurors.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member