Murder of Gayle Cater, La Marque, 30 Sept 1978 - connecting the dots

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm having a hard time uploading the image. The picture with the woman and the child is me and my mother. The woman in the other picture is gayle cater, The last professional picture she ever made. As you can see they were both had the same length of hair, body size and both were adducted with in 1 mile of each other.

Walkingproof - I've already commented on another thread about the uncanny likeness between your mother and Laura Miller - and now I'm going to say the same about Gayle Cater and your mum again - so very alike...
Please keep going and hopefully you will find the answers you (and maybe others) seek.

2 pieces of big news.. It's good and frustrating at the same time. I spoke with the investigator in her case and she noticed one thing in the report that semen was collected, this is good news because if this is evidence is located then that will differently have DNA this many years later. The challenge is the sample is in lost Harris county and another county is investigating the case. Gayles mother and close friend went to KHOU on the 30th anniversary of her death and a segment was aired "Who killed Gayle Cater" It's disturbing that until I came along that they never found her case or notes. Because I was a dog without a bone I did not stop.. Now they have more information on this case that Gayles mother never knew about... I wish KHOU would get involved. I have reached out to them but never got a response. 2nd part of good news is a judge has agreed to consider having Gayles removed from the grave to see if we can collect DNA. A little hope for Gayle today..

Walkingproof - I've already commented on another thread about the uncanny likeness between your mother and Laura Miller - and now I'm going to say the same about Gayle Cater and your mum again - so very alike...
Please keep going and hopefully you will find the answers you (and maybe others) seek.

I agree.. The 3rd woman who got away allegedly had the same look.

[video=youtube;PETvBCEyoRA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETvBCEyoRA[/video]

another youtube vent... I have some new info on Gayle's case...

I say this will all sensitivity, but is it possible that since your birth mother is Schizophrenic, she was actually only attacked by one man and not three? Or, are there verified instances where the POI attacked with other men?

The medical records report that she was attacked by three men.. However, is possible that she reported that to them incorrectly. The only facts that can not be disputed is how she was found beaten and bruised in distress and what happened to the other girls around the same time in the same area..

interesting to note.. The phone number that Gayles mother used when reporting her daughter missing over 30 years ago is still her contact number today.. She was in her 50's back then and in her 80's today but her address and phone number has is still the same after all these years. She wanted to make sure they could locate her when they solved the case.

I went to see Gayles mother, yesterday. Her health is not what it was compared to when I saw her a year ago. I pray and hope that she can get answers in her lifetime. Anyway, I found a news clip of gayle murder and thought I would post it here.. just trying to keep gayles case alive. image.jpg

I went to see Gayles mother, yesterday. Her health is not what it was compared to when I saw her a year ago. I pray and hope that she can get answers in her lifetime. Anyway, I found a news clip of gayle murder and thought I would post it here.. just trying to keep gayles case alive. View attachment 89268

Since this newpaper was public, I will share the address of where my mother lived when she was kidnapped and where Gayle lived when she went missing. Basicaly, my mother was living in a subdivision off Maxey and Gayle lived in a Apartment on Maxey. Google earth it..

From 670 Maxey Road, Houston, TX 77013
To
527 Wood Vista Drive, Houston, TX 77013
Walking

3 min (0.9 mi) via Maxey Rd

Hi Walkingproof, How are you nowadays? Hope you doing well. Did you ever found a connection that your biological father lived in New Jersey, Burlington area?

Hi Walkingproof, How are you nowadays? Hope you doing well. Did you ever found a connection that your biological father lived in New Jersey, Burlington area?
I don’t think he ever did. Houston/Galveston area. Was also in California for a short while.

Just bumping the post to keep it active... no updates to report. I was so obsessed with finding answers that I sorta had to find a new obsession. I started putting my energy into other helping adoptees use DNA t0 find their bio families. Over the past few years I have helped at least 20 adoptees use genetic genealogy to find out where they came from. I was telling someone today that we never know what answers we will find and they are not always fairytale endings. Most of the time we are just seeking the truth.

I think I can stake claim at being among the first to encourage police to use genetic family tree DNA to solve cold cases. They may not have taken me serious and I'm sure I just seemed like a fruit loop but now that so many cases are evolving (like the golden state killer) I feel like kindly saying "I TOLD YOU SO"

Hey its about progress not perfection and at least a lot of cases are being solved. Enough rambling for now. ;-)

Just for the sake of keeping Gayles story active I thought I would post. I had not heard from Gayles mother in sometime until last night when I got a message from her daughter (Gayles sister) and her mother’s health seems to be declining. She always had strong hopes that her Daughters murder would solved in her life time. Sadly, it doesn’t appear to be the case. I did assure her that I’ll keep digging and doing my best to keep her story alive.

This is a 41 year old cold case and I strongly suspect my father was involved (read beginning of thread).

I’ll be Keeping Gayles mother and the rest of her family in my thoughts and hoping she pulls through.

Just for the sake of keeping Gayles story active I thought I would post. I had not heard from Gayles mother in sometime until last night when I got a message from her daughter (Gayles sister) and her mother’s health seems to be declining. She always had strong hopes that her Daughters murder would solved in her life time. Sadly, it doesn’t appear to be the case. I did assure her that I’ll keep digging and doing my best to keep her story alive.

This is a 41 year old cold case and I strongly suspect my father was involved (read beginning of thread).

I’ll be Keeping Gayles mother and the rest of her family in my thoughts and hoping she pulls through.

Hopes up for Gayl's mother and you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back