George Zimmerman in Custody?? After Gun Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Orlando Sentinal article:

"Bracknell said police would document the incident thoroughly in case Shellie Zimmerman or her father changed their minds about pursuing charges.

Officers were also reviewing surveillance video from the house which may have captured what happened.

Police seized Zimmerman's gun, but Hudson said "more than likely we'll be giving it back.""

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77335389/

Could be. But since she walked into court and lied to the judge and the court, I don't believe that lying on a tape would be hard for her.

Who is going to be against her for filing charges? No one.. I just don't see this as a genuine call or event.

True,lying isn't difficult for some,but who was behind the lies in the first case?
I'll answer...it was George.
She and family may have decided that it is best to just walk away and move on from all things Zimmerman.

IMO

I did not mean your thread. :) I meant the headline on the forum.

They were all detained while it was investigated. He was never arrested or held alone.

The title has question marks so it's not stating as fact. Hth

Well it's his WIFE and his FATHER-IN-LAW so I wouldn't necessarily believe their credibility in this matter. They must have real tensions with Zimmerman, who knows what the argument was about, and now it's 2 vs. 1. as far as their versions of the story vs. his.

So did SZ and her father change their minds about pursuing charges after MOM showed up? I think it's about time George felt the consequences of his violent tendencies before things get even worse.

Could be. But since she walked into court and lied to the judge and the court, I don't believe that lying on a tape would be hard for her.

Who is going to be against her for filing charges? No one.. I just don't see this as a genuine call or event.

I agree. She's also been doing the media rounds lately, and I believe she is trying to gain publicity as well as get as much money as she can from media and take whatever George Z has left. MOO, IMO, and all that.

I'm on the sensitive side and her call made me tear up a bit.

IMO

It upset me to hear it in the beginning but then when she said he was threatening to shoot everyone? I did not believe her anymore. To me that was for the media and all us to buy. Not what was really going on.

I am very glad he never became a cop at this stage, there is a slight disconnect between his own ability to govern himself, and his assumption that he is the type of person who should be entrusted to protect the community.

As if laws apply to others but not him, as if he is some kind of superman (in the Nietzsche sense) which he is clearly NOT.

Something is wrong. He does seem to have an issue or two with aggression, speeding falls into that category too IMO.

Gulp.... Man, if speeding is the measure, I think I'm gonna end up on death row.

Just to be clear. I am not trying to defend GZ. I just personally do not believe SZ. She is a proven liar.

The incident today is still unclear. Depending on which news report you read, you get a different story. At the very least, if her father had really been punched - there would be evidence of it (she claimed there was a mark), then GZ would have been arrested. He wasn't.

Based on what I have seen and read today, It is my opinion that this was a publicity stunt. But that doesn't mean I think GZ is a saint, or perfect, or anything else. I'm indifferent to him.

I guess we shall see what the tapes actually show. At that time, who knows, I may change my opinion. :dunno:

People lie in court all the time and get acquitted of crimes like, say, manslaughter. And they have huge numbers of people celebrating that. So ya know.

Just like you said you don't obey posted speed limits and see no issue with that, does that mean we should discount your judgement on other issues?

The woman could lie in court and still be a victim of DV. And you can be a law breaker and still be right about some things. It's not always black and white.

Oh, thank goodness! I was ready to turn myself in at the courthouse. :)

From the Orlando Sentinal article:

"Bracknell said police would document the incident thoroughly in case Shellie Zimmerman or her father changed their minds about pursuing charges.

Officers were also reviewing surveillance video from the house which may have captured what happened.

Police seized Zimmerman's gun, but Hudson said "more than likely we'll be giving it back.""

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77335389/

BBM

Awesome. :facepalm:

Glad I don't live in Orlando anymore.

So did SZ and her father change their minds about pursuing charges after MOM showed up? I think it's about time George felt the consequences of his violent tendencies before things get even worse.

No. HLN reported that she spoke to her attorney and declined to file charges. I wonder if her attorney advised her what happens if she gets caught lying again while on Probation.

Sorry but its not the chief of police who decides if DV took place unless he was there and an eye witness. He's not GOD. Most DV is not reported but that does not mean it never happened.JMO

Sorry but its not the chief of police who decides if DV took place unless he was there and an eye witness. He's not GOD. Most DV is not reported but that does not mean it never happened.JMO

Thank goodness. I don't know what God looks like, but I'm sure she's a whole lot better looking than our Chief of Police.

Lord, please leave my mother in law out of any future litigation, you might as well just put me on the pyre and light the fire if she shows up.

Me too.

It is horrible. DV is disgusting and should be punished to full extent of the law. But I don't think this is what this was. I just don't.

All GZ would have to do is allege she attacked him first and they both get arrested. I have a friend that recently went through something similar.

In the case of those two, she's the one on probation.

IMO

DV is ugly and crosses all social and financial boundaries. None of us can ever know what goes on in a relationship between two people. (jodi Arias aside). JMO

Looks like his former biggest supporters have concerns about him :scared:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ustody-getting-altercation-involving-gun.html

Speaking to MailOnline, Donnelly's wife Leanne Benjamin, a key defense witness at the trial and friend of George and Shellie for more than a decade, reacted to news of Zimmerman's arrest.

Speaking from her Lake Mary home, she said: 'I'm relieved. He was a powder keg waiting to blow... I feel relieved now that he... might get some quiet time and some psychological help.

'If he had run into a stranger and got into an altercation he might have hurt someone or ended up hurt or dead himself.'

All GZ would have to do is allege she attacked him first and they both get arrested. I have a friend that recently went through something similar.

In the case of those two, she's the one on probation.

IMO

Not with witnesses. And not with his FIL. If his FIL was hit it would look like it. She alleged on the phone that his father looked like he was punched in the face.

If there was evidence that GZ hit him. That would have been it. Off to jail. My guess is that reviewing the video tape is why no charges were filed and why her lawyer advised her against the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam