Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed the "deliberately buried" info there.

I did too, but if they had to go there twice to find him, seems safe to assume, since no one accidentally found him for 27 years... Also doesn't seem to be in a body of water, and apparently his clothes or some identifying items were still intact. Hopefully that means it happened fast and this jerk didn't spend a lot of time with him. (*assumptions)

"Danny Heinrich led authorities to the scene and helped them locate the area where the remains were found buried."

I don't have a link but it was someone within the wright county sheriffs dept that turned over stored DNA from Jareds assault last year. This is the source of leading to Heinrichs arrest and now ultimately Jacobs remains. It's hard to fathom right now how long and forgotten that vile of DNA was sitting there. I believe it was the show "the hunt" that helped wright county remember they had the DNA, and not local LE or the FBI first.

That is what I was thinking also. Usually when someone says "found buried" they mean deliberately. Otherwise it was not by human hands, which invites some explanation. There was none. And on the other point, that is also what I was thinking. This guy lived in another county and the site is closer to the abduction scene. So, the burial is probably near the murder scene and it suggests the possibility that something went wrong and it got out of hand quickly. At least I hope it was fast.

Did Heinrich or his family live or own property in Stearns county? Since he was able to lead them there it makes me believe his remains were buried in a familiar place to him and not just the middle of nowhere. If he had just buried him in the middle of the nowhere...wouldn't it be difficult to find the exact place so many years later?

Did Heinrich or his family live or own property in Stearns county? Since he was able to lead them there it makes me believe his remains were buried in a familiar place to him and not just the middle of nowhere. If he had just buried him in the middle of the nowhere...wouldn't it be difficult to find the exact place so many years later?

By all accounts no, they did not. He was a young man of quite limited means. Yes, I think he trolled Stearns often and even worked in the town there. He commuted from what I think was one county over.

This is a snippet from a current really good article:

Suspect leads authorities to Wetterling remains
"Our hearts are broken," Patty Wetterling said in a text to the Star Tribune. "We have no words."

By Jenna Ross, David Chanen and Jennifer Brooks Star Tribune staff writers SEPTEMBER 3, 2016 — 2:00PM

http://www.startribune.com/wetterling-suspect-leads-officials-to-unidentified-remains/392238471/#1

“‘Chester the Molester’

Twenty-seven years ago, Danny Heinrich was living in Paynesville, Minn., about 30 miles southwest of St. Joseph. The city had suffered a string of attacks on young boys — a husky white man, his face obscured, who would approach and sometimes grope groups of kids on bikes. His voice was raspy, the boys told Paynesville authorities, and he often made threats. The kids dubbed the menace “Chester the Molester.”

In early 1989, nine months before Jacob’s disappearance, a 12-year-old Cold Spring boy was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by a man who then released him with the warning “not to look back or he would be shot.”

Heinrich was questioned by investigators soon after Jacob was abducted and several times in 1990. At the time, he denied any involvement.

Police began building a child *advertiser censored* case against Heinrich last summer, when authorities searched his home looking for evidence in both Jacob’s abduction and the earlier abduction and assault of the 12-year-old Cold Spring boy.

Authorities tested the sweatshirt that Jared Scheierl, now 39, had been wearing that day. They found Heinrich’s DNA.

Last October, authorities announced they were unable to prosecute Heinrich for the assault and abduction of Scheierl, because the statute of limitations had run out. But the search of his home turned up enough child *advertiser censored* to land Heinrich behind bars.”​

Sasquatch- What does Wright Co. have to do with anything other than that is where Heinrich was being held? Plus, we were told that it was simply new DNA technology that led to the DNA match with Heinrich to Jared

He actually did live in the same county (Paynesville), where his dad had lake property and his mom lived in an apartment in town. I would guess he visited the spot at some points over the years, since these types usually get off on that...

stearn.jpg

Heinrich grew up and lived in Paynesville (Stearns Co). Jared's abduction took place in Cold Spring (Stearns Co.). Jacob was kidnapped in Stearns Co. Heinrich knew the area well I'm sure. He just moved to Annandale (Wright Co.) in recent years

Nice try, Sas, but it was ELOCsoul and his poking around and investigating that broke this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which made wright county remember the dna. Do you know what they did to this guy over here on the farm while that was all but forgotten about until last year? What was the FBI doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa