KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am able to come and help search for the next two weeks during the school day. Are there any organized searches going on? If so, please post the info here and I will be there!

NurseBeeme....you bring up a very interesting idea..
that this might be connected to a friend (in need)

that reminds me of the Napa Valley Murders of 2 young women
turned out that it was the husband of one of the best friend of one of them!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/30/earlyshow/main892457.shtml

and there was a similar "feeling" case in Florida..where a guy killed his wife's "strong"
and helpful best friend, an attorney
he apparently felt that the best friend was one of the reasons she was divorcing him

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI80067/

so....any "estranged" husbands, boyfriends of a friend who might have a grudge?

also...a handyman....or a teen who helped her with the lawn/chores??

remember the case where the attorney's wife was killed by a neighbor teen out in California?? (the attorney was sometimes a commentator or expert on news/crime shows? I can't think of the name)

NurseBeeme....you bring up a very interesting idea..
that this might be connected to a friend (in need)

that reminds me of the Napa Valley Murders of 2 young women
turned out that it was the husband of one of the best friend of one of them!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/30/earlyshow/main892457.shtml

and there was a similar "feeling" case in Florida..where a guy killed his wife's "strong"
and helpful best friend, an attorney
he apparently felt that the best friend was one of the reasons she was divorcing him

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI80067/

so....any "estranged" husbands, boyfriends of a friend who might have a grudge?

also...a handyman....or a teen who helped her with the lawn/chores??

remember the case where the attorney's wife was killed by a neighbor teen out in California?? (the attorney was sometimes a commentator or expert on news/crime shows? I can't think of the name)

I remember most of those cases! As I was brainstorming who could have known Pat and came to her house for any reason I was thinking along those same lines as a possibility.

Rita, is it possible that one of her friends could have been having "troubles" and confided in your mom to such an extent that she did not share it with anyone????? Has LE questioned all of the friends that she had and their relationships???? If not it certainly would beg looking into.. especially before TES gets there to do a search. If anyone connected to a friend has a cabin, tree stand, place in the woods, etc, it would be good to know the exact locations for searching. imhoo.

other places to check out... popular teen hangouts. places that people are known to secretly congregate/party.

Nursebeeme, that is an interesting theory about one of her friends having marital problems and confiding in Pat.

I remember years ago (about 30) my best friend had an abusive husband. She actually ran out of her house (at night) in her nightgown and barefoot in the dead of winter to get away from him. She called us to come get her from the police station in the middle of the night.

He'd been abusive for a while. She ended up staying with us for a couple weeks. She decided to go live where her Dad was at in another state. My husband drove her to meet her dad. She only took the clothes on her back.

The abusive husband was so angry at us for helping her that he actually made threats to us. It was kind of scary.

So your theory is a good one if this situation fits any of Pat's friends.

Good thinking.

other places to check out... popular teen hangouts. places that people are known to secretly congregate/party.

I heard somewhere that there was a (teen) party out by Pat's house that night. I'm local and the rumors are flying from every direction, so I don't have a clue as to if that is true or not.

I heard somewhere that there was a (teen) party out by Pat's house that night. I'm local and the rumors are flying from every direction, so I don't have a clue as to if that is true or not.

bbm... what are the flying rumors?

NBM - excellent thought about a friend's angry husband! Some crackpot who got it into his head that his wife was leaving him after seeing how well Pat was doing and how happy she was after her divorce. Totally can see this.

Seems Pat had many "horse" buddies outside of the local area - it could be one of those friends if not someone nearby. And would certainly explain the dually that no one in the area recognized.

I wonder if someone did not get it into their head that if Pat was gone the children would reconcile with their father and be one big happy family again. Perhaps someone who never took responsibility for his own actions being the reason the children no longer wanted anything to do with him. It seems to me that if the ex never admitted he was the cause of the problems and the reason the children no longer work at the mill or have anything to do with him, in his own mind he may see Pat as the reason the children want nothing to do with him. Perhaps the ex truly believed in his own mind that if Pat were no longer around, the kids would reconcile with their father in their time of grief or in the near future. It explains making her disappear and not just left deceased in the home. The children (in his mind) would need him for much longer. Thoughts?

ETA: I am thinking here that the reason he comments "his new family" is because he truly may have felt some pain and anguish upon realizing he was no longer welcome around his children or grand children. Rather than take responsibility for his own actions being the cause of this it is easier in his mind to blame Pat. When he says "his new family" it is a dig at Pat and the rest of the family as he feels they abandoned him. He does not see that he brought this on himself. It is the same pattern of blaming others.

ETA: Also, to my knowledge there is not even an attempt at making this look like a burglary. This says to me that this was revenge or someone saw it as a means to an end, a permanent solution (apologies to the family for strong wording). Seems to me someone had a single focus, make her disappear. This in turn hurts the children who are perceived by the ex to be hurting him by not having anything to do with him. Maybe in his mind he sees it as - Pat gone, kids hurt, kids come crawling back needing dad because mom is missing...all problems across the board are solved with one disappearance (to him anyway)? Possibly even thinking that in time, with Pat gone, the children would accept the g/f and they could get married with the childrens blessings and in attendance?

In reading through every post on both threads I see no reference as to where the ex was the evening Pat disappeared. This coupled with refusal to submit to DNA and a polygraph (although inadmissible) along with lawyering up (yes, it is his right and under the circumstances if it were me, even if innocent I would too) set off alarms for me. Admittedly, the family may know what their fathers alibi is for that evening and may have been told not to reveal this information but all things added together point in one direction to me until other facts reveal more information.

All of the above is just my opinion and purely speculation.

Fwiw, the titles above the hat and money clip are transposed.

my son and I (he is the technical genius) are having problems printing the flier! oh no! I am planning on carpeting my area tomorrow!

Fwiw, the titles above the hat and money clip are transposed.

Oh shoot - I can't fix that. I'll let my brother know, thanks for catching it.

And thanks to nursebeeme for posting fliers for us tomorrow - you're an angel.

need help! I am carpeting my area tomorrow! And the flier is very hard to print.. I am going back up to amandareckonwith's stuff to see if it is easier!

We are working on changing the flier to a PDF file to see if that fixes the problems. Please try again soon.

I finally got the flier to print.. (thank you amandareckonwith) I am printing off 350 fliers tonight and am plastering them tomorrow on post (at fort leavenworth), and all points east of here including all the service stations.

another thought:

did your mom have a handy man or anyone else that helped her around the place cutting the grass, feeding the animals, etc?

how about (horrid thought and possiblitly but again just thinking outside the box) any teens related to her friends that were in trouble/she was helping or mentoring?

Neighbors: any land disputes/boundary arguments? Anyone connected to neighbors like migrant/transient workers, anyone getting a roof, etc put on at the time?

Did she have an oil well on the property or anything else that could make her money on her land?

Nope, nope, and nope. Well, she has had a local person help here and there w/ just a few things but they are people we know really well and don't have a dually truck.

Going back to your other post, a friend called her at 7:58 pm that night and got no answer on either phone. She originally thought she called at 7:30 but it was a little later than that.

I don't know what lights were normally on in the house if she was gone. The light over the kitchen sink was on, two lamps in the living room were on, and the office light was on. She did buy something at one store that day but her friends w/ her don't recall exactly what she bought and checked out at different registers. The one little item they remember doesn't jive w/ the amount of her check and I haven't been able to find any bag or what the items might have been. The video that we're aware of that is available has been checked (one of them many times) but no suspicious truck on it. That's why I think he took back roads.

Her friends have been friends for years and years and years and there's nothing suspicious going on w/ any of them. I did see the Napa Valley case and thought of that, but it doesn't fit here - there's too long of a history w/ the friends of our family.

I don't know if "dad" has an alibi or what it might be. We haven't been able to come up w/ anything that indicates Mom was followed that day.

And I have no explanation for why we haven't found her yet. I really thought in those first few days that we'd find her alive in a ditch somewhere where he just pitched her out. I don't know what they wanted with her. I don't know.

My youngest daughter said to me this morning, "Mom I want to find Ninny by the time Jesus was born on Christmas because I don't want to have Christmas without her. We can't have Christmas without her." I don't know how we'll do it.

crap.... the money clip and hat are not on the flier I was able to print en masse... but I have, thanks to amandareckonwith, captured Pat's face and all the other vital info.

I head out tomorrow armed with paper and tape..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74