VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO....JM is going to be charged with first degree, capital murder. It doesn't matter whether it was an accident, or unintentional. They are going for the DP.

Although that would be my preferrence, that is WAYYYYY premature. And if they find no body, definitely not going to be the death penalty here in Virginia.

I cannot keep up here and I cannot find his Facebook page and would like to peak at it, anyone have the link? :)

Hi, I am the poster whose friend knows JM and verified that he was a cab driver. I have offered to the mods to verify me, whatever that may entail, and never received a response from them about that. But to recap my connection, one of my best friends went to college (Christopher Newport U) with JM and he dated one of her friends for several years. I've never met him myself

Again, I have to ask, were they a verified insider by a WS mod?
If they are, by all means, I will eat crow. Love it with Cholula.

*This still doesn't explain how the original article this rumor comes from has named the person in the photo "J MATTHEWS" (whom is also a black male that lives in the area, around the same age), with a S. Not Matthew. No S.

Hello All !!! Im new here

Just a thought, The poster is calling him a fugitive and he is driving his sisters car (2 door or 4) couldnt they arrest sis for aiding and abating a fugitive? If he has done anything and she knows that might persuade her to talk. Again jmo

So about the gloves...

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, so many posts, can't keep up.

I always find myself having to bow out of following cases when they get transferred to their own forum. There's just too much to keep track of.

I said one thing about the gloves ya'll, I didn't say that they were evidence or significant in anyway - relax lol :)

Hello All !!! Im new here

Just a thought, The poster is calling him a fugitive and he is driving his sisters car (2 door or 4) couldnt they arrest sis for aiding and abating a fugitive? If he has done anything and she knows that might persuade her to talk. Again jmo

Welcome Hannahmaie :)

:welcome5:

If they want to be aggressive with JM, fine. But is anyone else worried that other avenues of investigation are drying up while they focus on one guy?

HG had the highly focused attention of TWO men that night. TWO men followed her right before she disappeared. WG is the only one we know to definitely be a stranger to her (if we are to believe him). He may have been in collusion with JM or he may have waited until JM left her alone (HG and JM weren't together in the area for hours, only about 20 mins). Or there may have been someone else involved.

If she is still alive and is being held captive somewhere (very possible since there's no body yet and they've searched most of the town), the trail might be getting cold. This is what's making me crazy.

Also, should her friends be 100%? I mean just for now, for the sake of finding the truth, shouldn't their words be regarded with some skepticism?

Just thinking out loud here.

There's been way too much speculation about race on this one. People are saying, oh, just cause JM is black, he's the suspect?! The difference is that WG came forward about what he saw, has been cooperative and even approached police about seeing her before he was ever identified in video as following her. He did everything he could to try to help. JM has done the opposite. It's the behavior that makes you a suspect and not your race. THOSE are the differences between the two guys (oh and the fact that JM was seen with her well after WG left the scene).

I agree that the gloves are probably not evidence. If they were they'd be looking for traces of blood, DNA, hair etc on the box and handling them a lot more delicately. Or you'd hope they would anyways.

I don't know what the privacy laws in Virginia are. Generally, public disclosure of an SSN is illegal. There may be some distinction in the law between accidental and intentional. I'm guessing LE may have bought themselves some grief on this one.

The "unintentional" part is going to save them....... Regarding SSN privacy, per Virginia law,

§ 59.1-443.2. Restricted use of social security numbers.

"A. Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, a person shall not:
1. Intentionally communicate another individual's social security number to the general public;"

Ugh, I hate forums, unless we can have a general thread...posts slow down a lot...jmo

I do too. Everyone scatters and it's not as interactive as having it all in one thread. I usually leave the case because it does slow down so much that hardly anyone is there anymore. IMO.

This all makes me wonder... if this is all connected to the Jon Benet case too??// (just kidding!)

From the article:

The charges stem from an incident on June 4, 2009 where Matthew was accused of assaulting someone while attempting to steal a cell phone. Matthew was arrested on July 8, 2009. The charges were eventually dropped.
Nolle prosequi ... not the same as dropped, right? Someone posted info on that, but these threads! I have no idea where now.

There's been way too much speculation about race on this one. People are saying, oh, just cause JM is black, he's the suspect?! The difference is that WG came forward about what he saw, has been cooperative and even approached police about seeing her before he was ever identified in video as following her. He did everything he could to try to help. JM has done the opposite. It's the behavior that makes you a suspect and not your race. THOSE are the differences between the two guys (oh and the fact that JM was seen with her well after WG left the scene).

I can well understand why in 2014 a black man can still be afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288