VT VT - Robbie Gilson, 13, Essex Junction, 4 Sept 1982

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
news script

((tape tc 8:17 Lt. J.P. Sinclair/Vt State Police:"From the inception this was considered a suspicious death.")) The suspicious death was 13-year-old Robbie Gilson of Newbury. A little after 8 am on September 5 1982 he was found dead in his sleeping bag in the cattle barn at the Champlain Valley Fair. He slept in the barn that night he helped show cows for a Newbury farmer. Press reports indicated the death was suspicious. But the autopsy determined no clear cause or manner of death -- even after testing for drugs and other substances. Police did develop new information 14 years later. ((tape tc 1:27 J.P. Sinclair:"In 1996 Gilson's body was exhumed and a second autopsy was performed. Police have now revealed that there was evidence that is consistent with Gilson having been sexually assaulted."))

news link
Police Reopen 24-year-old Death Investigation
"The police are hoping that continued advancement in DNA technology and help from individuals who may have information will help to solve this case," he added.

But police have not called it a homicide, and they are revealing little else about the mystery.

"We're not prepared to say that anybody's a suspect simply that there are people of interest in this case," said Sinclair.

The police say some of "the people of interest" have died.

http://www.wcax.com/story/8920376/still-no-breaks-in-champlain-valley-fair-case

Two years ago, Vermont State Police announced that they were reopening the probe into Gilson's death, calling it suspicious and expressing hope that developments in DNA technology might lead to a break. It hasn't.
"We don't have anything of significance that has occurred," since then, Assistant Attorney General Cindy Maguire said Thursday.

I wonder, of course about the man he showed a horse with. I'm sure LE knows enough on this case to have serious PIO's, but wonder how much DNA evidence they were able to preserve.

http://www.wcax.com/story/8920376/still-no-breaks-in-champlain-valley-fair-case

I wonder, of course about the man he showed a horse with. I'm sure LE knows enough on this case to have serious PIO's, but wonder how much DNA evidence they were able to preserve.

A few clarifications:
1. Robbie was showing cattle, not horses.
2. He didn't show them WITH anyone, he was showing them FOR someone.
3. The man he was showing cattle for wasn't there the night he was killed, he was cleared via DNA, and he died years ago so he can't be questioned again.
4. We know what happened to Robbie, but the attorney generals office needs certain evidence and information to be able to press charges. Many charges can't be filed due to being past the statute of limitations. You have to work with what you have, unfortunately. While this is technically unsolved because there haven't been any arrests to close the case, it's not unsolved in terms of not knowing what happened.

A few clarifications:
3. The man he was showing cattle for wasn't there the night he was killed, he was cleared via DNA, and he died years ago so he can't be questioned again.
4. We know what happened to Robbie, but the attorney generals office needs certain evidence and information to be able to press charges. Many charges can't be filed due to being past the statute of limitations. You have to work with what you have, unfortunately. While this is technically unsolved because there haven't been any arrests to close the case, it's not unsolved in terms of not knowing what happened.

Thanks for posting this Beantz, and welcome to WS.

Thanks for posting this Beantz, and welcome to WS.

Thank you for the welcome and I'm more than happy to post. I'm Robbie's sister, so naturally I want things to be clear and accurate. No hard feelings for anything posted that's inaccurate. I just want to correct where I can for everyone's benefit.

Thank you for the welcome and I'm more than happy to post. I'm Robbie's sister, so naturally I want things to be clear and accurate. No hard feelings for anything posted that's inaccurate. I just want to correct where I can for everyone's benefit.

That's a great way to approach any case. It leads to a lot confusion when you go sleuthing something that is not there.

I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. We have some great minds here. I think they can help. :)

A few clarifications:

Thank you for the clarifications and I'm sorry for the errors!!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back