NASA finds Earths Twin?

Thanks Linda going to share that link with my kids :)

Now that NASA is going to become a corporation or privatized this may be someplace for them to start their exploration. It will be interesting to see what is inside, this planet. Maybe they can build a floating city? The possibilities can be endless. To think there will be a generation that will explore space just as Christopher Columbus, Luis and Clark, Ponce de Leon ect. explored Earth. Before I get a lot of questions on how I know NASA will become privatized here is an article. It was bound to happen when the government had control over the airlines, planes were used for war and it was a big cost to the US as soon as it became privatized it became a billion dollar industry.The same will happen with NASA.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/28/133308080/nasa-prepares-for-risks-in-private-space-travel

Suggested names for the planet

Aquaworld
Faux Earth
Waterworld

If we name it Waterworld can we send Mel Gibson there?:waitasec:

Um, I don't think Kevin Costner appreciates the confusion.

Gibson was "Mad Max", which took place in post-apocalyptic Australia.

Kevin Costner starred in Waterworld. I'm sure he wishes he had played Mad Max.

Now that NASA is going to become a corporation or privatized this may be someplace for them to start their exploration. It will be interesting to see what is inside, this planet. Maybe they can build a floating city? The possibilities can be endless. To think there will be a generation that will explore space just as Christopher Columbus, Luis and Clark, Ponce de Leon ect. explored Earth. Before I get a lot of questions on how I know NASA will become privatized here is an article. It was bound to happen when the government had control over the airlines, planes were used for war and it was a big cost to the US as soon as it became privatized it became a billion dollar industry.The same will happen with NASA.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/28/133308080/nasa-prepares-for-risks-in-private-space-travel

Well, since it takes 22 MILLION years to get to the newly discovered water world, who's to say we'll even have capitalism, much less a privatized NASA by the time any member of *advertiser censored* sapiens gets there?

And just for the record, the FAA still regulates the airlines, though not as closely as it did 30 years ago. And though military R&D certainly paid for a great deal of airplane development (just as it continues to do), the very first planes were built by private citizens.

Well, since it takes 22 MILLION years to get to the newly discovered water world, who's to say we'll even have capitalism, much less a privatized NASA by the time any member of *advertiser censored* sapiens gets there?

And just for the record, the FAA still regulates the airlines, though not as closely as it did 30 years ago. And though military R&D certainly paid for a great deal of airplane development (just as it continues to do), the very first planes were built by private citizens.

Oh you're forgetting warp speed which will make time fly.

Oh you're forgetting warp speed which will make time fly.

Or Wormholes!!:woohoo:
wormholes.jpg

Wormhole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Um, I don't think Kevin Costner appreciates the confusion.

Gibson was "Mad Max", which took place in post-apocalyptic Australia.

Kevin Costner starred in Waterworld. I'm sure he wishes he had played Mad Max.

ahhhhhh. you're right! Sorry for the confusion! Can we send him off anyway? I REALLY don't care for Mel

ahhhhhh. you're right! Sorry for the confusion! Can we send him off anyway? I REALLY don't care for Mel

Nor do I (even though Road Warrior (or Mad Max 2) is one of my favorite films). I hope my correction came across as light-hearted, Linda. Looking at it now, I think I should have used more emoticons.

And in fact, the plots of Road Warrior and Waterworld aren't all that different. Reluctant hero, cute kid, struggle for control of dwindling supplies of gasoline, etc. Waterworld was basically a floating remake.

Nor do I (even though Road Warrior (or Mad Max 2) is one of my favorite films). I hope my correction came across as light-hearted, Linda. Looking at it now, I think I should have used more emoticons.

And in fact, the plots of Road Warrior and Waterworld aren't all that different. Reluctant hero, cute kid, struggle for control of dwindling supplies of gasoline, etc. Waterworld was basically a floating remake.

Your correction came across just fine. The smack in the head emoticon would have been appropriate:)

That's only if we're traveling at constant velocity at speeds comparable to Voyager. For a spacecraft constantly accelerating at 1G only 12 years would have elapsed (on the ship) by the time the astronauts reached Keppler 22b. Shame the relatives they'd have left behind would be long dead by then (~by some 600 years).

Who needs NASA when there is the TARDIS... :)

Suggested names for the planet

Aquaworld
Faux Earth
Waterworld

What if it turns out that this second Earth is older than our Earth? Wouldn't that make us Faux Earth, and the other one Real Earth?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back