New case for me

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I would like to look into this case and I've been doing some reading here but you all are so far ahead of me I can't sit here as long as it would take to read all of this. I will get aound to it eventually of course because this is what we do here but I would like to kick start my information with one or two books first. Which two books should I read? I know some books are biased and I will read them eventually too but at first I would like to read the most unbiased, factual book available right now. Then I will proceed to the others. I have looked on Amazon.com and there are quite a few but I don't know which is best for a beginner who is searching for facts and not opinions right now. I won't be buying from Amazon because I have many bookstores available to me here where I live so I plan to just go buy one so I don't have to wait for one to be shipped to me and I can get started right away. But if the book you all reccommend is only available on the Net then I will wait because I want to read the most non-biased one first. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am so looking forward to joining in the discussion here but I need to do my homework first and try to catch up at least a little! Thanks so much!:)

Hi all! I would like to look into this case and I've been doing some reading here but you all are so far ahead of me I can't sit here as long as it would take to read all of this. I will get aound to it eventually of course because this is what we do here but I would like to kick start my information with one or two books first. Which two books should I read? I know some books are biased and I will read them eventually too but at first I would like to read the most unbiased, factual book available right now. Then I will proceed to the others. I have looked on Amazon.com and there are quite a few but I don't know which is best for a beginner who is searching for facts and not opinions right now. I won't be buying from Amazon because I have many bookstores available to me here where I live so I plan to just go buy one so I don't have to wait for one to be shipped to me and I can get started right away. But if the book you all reccommend is only available on the Net then I will wait because I want to read the most non-biased one first. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I am so looking forward to joining in the discussion here but I need to do my homework first and try to catch up at least a little! Thanks so much!:)

Before reading any books I would start with the trial transcripts etc. as almost everything else out there is quite biased! Happy reading.

Thank you! I was just looking them over actually!:)

Trixie, I'd go with Precious Angels by Barbara Davis. She got a couple things wrong in her book, but they're minor. Now, it is biased toward Darlie's guilt, but all of them are except for Media Tried Justice Denied. And that one goes so far in the other direction it will make you gag.

As Anais pointed out, the transcript is the most unbiased source.

Trixie, I'd go with Precious Angels by Barbara Davis. She got a couple things wrong in her book, but they're minor. Now, it is biased toward Darlie's guilt, but all of them are except for Media Tried Justice Denied. And that one goes so far in the other direction it will make you gag.

As Anais pointed out, the transcript is the most unbiased source.

Thank you Mary456! I will get that one and read it while I'm making my way through the transcripts.:)

Read everything you can because you need to see all sides each one has it's own bias including the transcripts. It is obvious in the transcripts that the lawyers involved have a lot of grandstanding and showmanship involved.
Listen to 911 tape.
Read about lie detector test.
Read the Darlie site they also point out how our Texas Justice system needs a tweak or two, maybe not in Darlie's favor but I'd hate for an innocent person to undergo the "Routiered" treatment as a law school friend pointed out to me.
They use this case in law schools sometimes as a lesson to lawyers about researching cases before trial, and mistakes made on both sides.
Each side was able to surprise the other when better research could have been used to refute witness testimony.

I agree with the prev posters. I'm using this for my case study for a final in one of my psych classes. I'd read and re-read the trial transcripts. Listen to the 911 tape over and over until you can't stand it anymore. There is tons of pick up on in that 911 tape alone.

New case for me too, Trixie. Trying to read up...Crime Library has a good synopsis.

I would also watch all of the videos in the meda section of www.justicefordarlie.net. This gives you a good handle on not only the case, but insight on the family. It's one thing to read about their comments etc, but it's a whole other to watch it for yourself. I've been searching to high heaven for some more current info on Darin. And short of calling his parents, I have nothing. I have played with the thought of writing to Sarilda since calling them would be very weird for me and them. But I need some updated info for my case study and he is either lying VERY low or is good at hiding himself online.

I would also watch all of the videos in the meda section of www.justicefordarlie.net. This gives you a good handle on not only the case, but insight on the family. It's one thing to read about their comments etc, but it's a whole other to watch it for yourself. I've been searching to high heaven for some more current info on Darin. And short of calling his parents, I have nothing. I have played with the thought of writing to Sarilda since calling them would be very weird for me and them. But I need some updated info for my case study and he is either lying VERY low or is good at hiding himself online.

Excellent suggestion. Especially watch that silly string video. If you can see evidence that Darlie had been "tearful for hours," I'll write her an apology letter.

I've been searching to high heaven for some more current info on Darin. And short of calling his parents, I have nothing. I have played with the thought of writing to Sarilda since calling them would be very weird for me and them. But I need some updated info for my case study and he is either lying VERY low or is good at hiding himself online.

Here is a link to Darin's current wedding photography business:

http://www.diamondphototx.com/index.html

Now as far as his personal life the only thing I know is that he is raising Drake even tho his mom and dad still have legal custody. He lives in Lubbock. Drake visits Darlie's side of the family on almost all of his school breaks and sees his mom quite a lot. I am sure this must be a bit confusing to the poor kid but then again, this is all he has ever known. As for girlfriends, he must either be a hermit or the girl or girls he sees are very closed mouth. I do not live in Lubbock so maybe Rattlesnake has seen him around town.

Excellent suggestion. Especially watch that silly string video. If you can see evidence that Darlie had been "tearful for hours," I'll write her an apology letter.

AND so would I!!!!! Also look for her MAJOR bruises. Funny how they are all gone a week later. Man my body must take forever to heal. :eek:

I couldn't find the Silly String video. Can anyone give me a link for it?
Thanks

I couldn't find the Silly String video. Can anyone give me a link for it?
Thanks

I don't believe there is one...most of the television shows done on this case show the silly string video so you'd have to watch one of the shows...20/20 or American Justice.

Hey Wendy and gals, have you ever noticed the Forensics Files case on Darlie is not on the media site?

I don't believe there is one...most of the television shows done on this case show the silly string video so you'd have to watch one of the shows...20/20 or American Justice.

Hey Wendy and gals, have you ever noticed the Forensics Files case on Darlie is not on the media site?

Yes, I noticed that too. Also allot of the pictures that were originally on the site are also gone. Someone must of decided this was the reason why some not-surers TURNED LOL:eek::eek::eek:.

Thanks for sending me that tape, I am going to go watch it again!

I haven't posted here in awhile,but would someone mind sending me the tape,too? thx.

I cannot find the silly string video anywhere!!

You will have to go to the Darlie website (Justice for Darlie) and click on the media links. I believe it is shown in several of the shows listed on the site. I just can't remember which one in specific.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back