Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
11. awaiting forensics/dna......possible sexual encounter that went bad????/QUOTE]

SDSO ruled that out. I read it on SOSD yesterday.

Are we supposed to include the disclaimer on the bottom of your message?

Very strange story....when I first read it my first thought was that she killed herself because she felt bad because the 6 year old had died.

You'd think, until you read that her hands were bound behind her. Her feet were also bound. :tsktsk:

Something's really fishy here.

Obmama,

Since you asked, (which is good), the truth is we try very hard not to "trash" the victim. While your opinion may be well-founded, I would suggest it might be wise to take this opportunity to exercise the "edit" button next to the "quote" button, and take out the sentence ending with "make-up". That part is definitely against the rules here!

(I'm not a mod)

Keep posting, though, I'm glad you are here!

About the dog...

I wonder if the accident with the boy on the stairs involved the dog? Maybe they were both running down and he tripped over the dog, or maybe the dog was playing a bit too rough, and the scared little boy hopped over the railing and fell. So many possibilities!

Was step-mom afraid of the dog? Didn't her husband allegedly use a dog to attack one of his ex wives?

11. awaiting forensics/dna......possible sexual encounter that went bad????/QUOTE]

SDSO ruled that out. I read it on SOSD yesterday.

Are we supposed to include the disclaimer on the bottom of your message?

Welcome,

Do you have a link?

TIA

I think using a disclaimer in your user setup is easier than typing it all the time...

The LE don't think these two are related? I disagree, to me it doesn't sound like a suicide and that she may have been murdered for revenage of what happened to the little boy. Is so I'm guessing it's someone in that family. If it turns out to be a suicide them I would guess the boy being citically injured (he hadn't died yet) while in her care was the reason.

:waitasec: I'm a tad confused as to why a wealthy man should support his brother?

In my experience, no matter how much or what you give to some family members...it's NEVER enough and unappreciated and a cut off becomes necessary.

I didn't mean "support", Adam has a job. But apparently not well paying to be able to afford his own home, or a better neighborhood. When you get into JS's category of wealth, a $200,000 home is a token gift, to his only sibling. Instead of paying rent, he could pay property tax and have a secure future.

Who knows? Maybe he's offered & the brother declined. It's just a very wide disparity to not share the equivalent of pennies, that's all.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/weimaraner.htm

Hunting dog; strong; needs firm extensive training; needs to be trained not to jump on people; 55-70 pounds; needs lots of exercise

Weimaraners don't mature very quickly, either. They don't act grown up for a couple of years. Also, they are not easy to train. I'm really wondering if this pup didn't figure into the child's accident, and that is why Rebecca got the dog out of the house so quickly afterwards.

Plus, it doesn't seem likely to me that the child died falling down that short flight of steps from the landing to the main floor. That looks like only about 9 very shallow steps. I guess it could happen if he hit his head wrong. Still, it seems more likely to me that he fell from the second flight of stairs or the upper landing.
shacknaistairs.jpg

Two details not sure if they have been posted. Titled,Mysterious deaths in Coronado puzzle investigators by Tony Perry, Los Angeles Times
July 19, 2011

Snip----
Meanwhile, the San Diego County medical examiner has SEALED the results of an autopsy on Rebecca Nalepa.
Snip----
The naked body of Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Nalepa, 32, was found July 13 hanging by her NECK from a balcony.

Her opinion, and all the others who quoted similar sentiments, was BEFORE "her son" was in death's arms. Not out of concern for him, but for herself. To be "snarky", I think she's of questionable character, materialistic, phony and wears too much eye make-up (just kidding!).

I glanced at another post that says her family has become uncooperative witnesses. Last week, they were racing to San Diego with promises of public statements. What happened?

And, the ex-husband she's been divorced from a few short months, was surprisingly complimentary of a woman who dumped him for a rich guy. He even said, she changed, wanting a life of luxury, believable after her shopping spree at Macy's. Dropping $1,000 worth of jewelry into shopping bags is a rather bold act for a "first-timer". That is, first time getting caught.

But it seems it was an amicable split. She talked to him the week before her death, to make arrangements for a joint credit card! Spousal support, on Jonah's dime?

I really didn't see anything at all that I liked about her. It irritated me how she referred to his kids as "my son", "my daughter". If I was the ex, I'd be livid if she called my kid her son, after she took my husband.

And I doubt she was joining Max's parents' bedside vigil like she told the kennel owner. Nobody likes putting a beloved pet in a kennel. And they don't board a pet when they'll be no further than 20 minutes from home, or gone only a few hours. That whole deal put my bet on suicide.

P.S. Let me know if I'm breaking any snarky rules. I'm new here!

It's customary here for a poster who provides information such as that I bolded in your post to also provide a link to the source of that information.

Also this is a victim-friendly forum and I think several things in your post cross the line into victim-bashing.

That being said, welcome.

About the dog...

I wonder if the accident with the boy on the stairs involved the dog? Maybe they were both running down and he tripped over the dog, or maybe the dog was playing a bit too rough, and the scared little boy hopped over the railing and fell. So many possibilities!

Was step-mom afraid of the dog? Didn't her husband allegedly use a dog to attack one of his ex wives?

Good thinking ... you could be right about the dog.

Also, the dog is big and young. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to leave him alone in the house for that long. We don't know, but at 18 months he still has some puppy in him. Maybe Rebecca's thought she would be gone a lot when she was planning that. My thought is that she thought she really was going to join Jonah at the hospital and something went awry with that idea. I suspect Dina is the reason, but who knows.

Responding to others posts...

I don't think we know enough about Rebecca's relationship with Jonah to say she was the home wrecker do we? The timeline sounded like he was basically divorced about the time they started seeing each other. As far as her marriage, I do think it's a bit odd she was just finally divorced in May - or do I have that wrong? I also think many CEO's, etc. are very narcissistic. I'm a bit shocked he's said nothing about Rebecca dying publicly. Is he cowtowing to the ex's wishes or worrying more about her feelings than Rebecca's memory and her family? If I had lived with someone for two years and they looked after my children and helped make a home with me, I'd have enough care and respect for them to make some public statement that I thought it was sad and horrible. I think it stinks that she was good enough to live with, share bodies with, watch the kids, and then act like she never existed basically - unless he either thinks she did something horrible or he did (or someone close to him did). Would he act this way if he truly thought it was a suicide?

About the dog...

She wasn't afraid of the dog, described as the "family dog". People said they saw her walking it all the time. The attack dog was a German Shepherd, described as Jonah's "guard dog".

At first, I thought the dog may have been involved. GS (Max's half sister) too, because Rebecca told the kennel owner "her daughter" was injured. This contradicted reports from SDSO that Rebecca was alone with Max, but acknowledged a statement from CPD the girl was there too. Now, almost a week later, SDSO says the girl was not only there, she was the anonymous 911 caller.

Lies compromise the integrity of an investigation, especially when they are contrary to information reported by the other LE agency that is jointly investigating the events of last week. I read it as either a cover-up or lack of attention to detail, in work that requires exactness.

Which leads me to believe the half sister was very involved in Max's accident, not the dog. I don't think his injuries were consistent with a tumble down carpeted stairs. It sounds like "violent injuries", to the same degree sustained by RN, also described as "violent". RN's untimely death could be retaliatory, guilt driven or silencing.

She wasn't afraid of the dog, described as the "family dog". People said they saw her walking it all the time. The attack dog was a German Shepherd, described as Jonah's "guard dog".

At first, I thought the dog may have been involved. GS (Max's half sister) too, because Rebecca told the kennel owner "her daughter" was injured. This contradicted reports from SDSO that Rebecca was alone with Max, but acknowledged a statement from CPD the girl was there too. Now, almost a week later, SDSO says the girl was not only there, she was the anonymous 911 caller. Lies compromise the integrity of an investigation, especially when they are contrary to information reported by the other LE agency that is jointly investigating the events of last week. I read it as either a cover-up or lack of attention to detail, in work that requires exactness.

Which leads me to believe the half sister was very involved in Max's accident, not the dog. I don't think his injuries were consistent with a tumble down carpeted stairs. It sounds like "violent injuries", to the same degree sustained by RN, also described as "violent". RN's untimely death could be retaliatory, guilt driven or silencing.

Bolded by me

Can you please provide MSM links.

Thanks

Good thinking ... you could be right about the dog.

Also, the dog is big and young. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to leave him alone in the house for that long. We don't know, but at 18 months he still has some puppy in him. Maybe Rebecca's thought she would be gone a lot when she was planning that. My thought is that she thought she really was going to join Jonah at the hospital and something went awry with that idea. I suspect Dina is the reason, but who knows.

Responding to others posts...

I don't think we know enough about Rebecca's relationship with Jonah to say she was the home wrecker do we? The timeline sounded like he was basically divorced about the time they started seeing each other. As far as her marriage, I do think it's a bit odd she was just finally divorced in May - or do I have that wrong? I also think many CEO's, etc. are very narcissistic. I'm a bit shocked he's said nothing about Rebecca dying publicly. Is he cowtowing to the ex's wishes or worrying more about her feelings than Rebecca's memory and her family? If I had lived with someone for two years and they looked after my children and helped make a home with me, I'd have enough care and respect for them to make some public statement that I thought it was sad and horrible. I think it stinks that she was good enough to live with, share bodies with, watch the kids, and then act like she never existed basically - unless he either thinks she did something horrible or he did (or someone close to him did). Would he act this way if he truly thought it was a suicide?

I totally agree.......Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members