Match! TX - Dallas, WhtMale UP2192, 30-50, tattoos, Feb'08 *Troy Kozkowski*

Carl, you're an unsung hero. Thank you for all you do. I'm so glad the police sent you that letter ~ you should frame it and hang it above your computer.

Excellent Carl! Thank you so much for sharing the letter of appreciation you received from the MISP. It's so nice to be recognized in such a way. Thank you again for all your hard work and all you share here in this forum for the missing and unidentified.

Nice job Carl! Again it goes to show, NamUs still needs eyes! and so does LE!

I am very impressed by this story. I was casually surfing through missing persons threads and ran across this. Congratulations!

So for a newbie can someone tell me....I assumed all these dbases are connected and cross check each other. Is that not happening?

I just looked at Namus for the first time today. There are a lot of cases with significant information to go on. I'm just an average citizen sitting on my couch with a laptop....aren't there professionals with supercomputers and programmers doing this for a living? Are we still in the stone age of identifying people?

Namus should have a reward as an incentive to clear up the cases. I'd say, Carl deserves a check of some amount!!

So for a newbie can someone tell me....I assumed all these dbases are connected and cross check each other. Is that not happening?

I just looked at Namus for the first time today. There are a lot of cases with significant information to go on. I'm just an average citizen sitting on my couch with a laptop....aren't there professionals with supercomputers and programmers doing this for a living? Are we still in the stone age of identifying people?

To some extent there is a automated matching system, but it's far from efficient. ... and far from foolproof. As Snufamonbobball said above, there will always be a need for human eyes to go through these cases.

Their automated system often generates lists of hundreds of possible matches for the case managers to wade through. When faced with a list that big, many professionals don't have the time or the desire.

Also, If data is put in incorrectly then the systems can't match them up. In this instance, either the Missing Person or the John Doe was entered with the wrong height. There was a three-inch difference between MP and UID.

I just started venturing into this section of the forum for the first time a few days and was really inspired when I came across this thread. Congratulations Carl! That letter from the Michigan State Police Department brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful thing you did for that family.

My name is Mike, Troy was my best friend. He was more than a brother to me for nearly 25 years. He'd been missing for quite some time.

Today we were finally able to have his memorial service, and say our good-byes.

Thank you very much for your efforts. It means a lot to so many people.

{{{Mike J}}} How thoughtful of you to come here and thank the team. Our members spend hours and hours here trying to reunite the missing with their families and friends. Just having this one post from you will keep everyone going - hoping and praying they can make a difference for many more families to come. :hug:

And while I'm here, another thank you to Carl who is the one who was able to make this connection and send Troy home. :blowkiss:

((((((Mike J))))))

Thank you for taking the time to join us and let us know Troy's memorial service was today and that he was like a brother and a best friend.

I'm sorry you had to find us under these circumstances. I'm glad we were able to assist in bringing Troy home, as sad and difficult as the circumstances may be.

May you, his family and all of his friends find peace in the wonderful memories you have of Troy and know all of you are in our prayers.

Cubby

My name is Mike, Troy was my best friend. He was more than a brother to me for nearly 25 years. He'd been missing for quite some time.

Today we were finally able to have his memorial service, and say our good-byes.

Thank you very much for your efforts. It means a lot to so many people.

Thank you for stopping by and giving us this update.

It is a terrible thing for a family to lose a loved one at such a young age, but it is much worse to spend each day that they are missing, wondering if the person is dead or alive, and having the helpless feeling of not knowing how to go about finding them. For some people who have had loved ones missing for decades, It is a feeling of helplessness that continues to consume every day of their lives.

This is the reason why we spend so much of our time doing what we do. I know I cannot relieve the sadness of the loss, but I am happy to have been able to end the uncertainty so that they can come to terms with the loss.

Hello to everyone on this string. I am a Special Agent with the Bureau of ATF in Dallas, Tx. I am also a composite sketch artist who often works with Dallas PD. in 2008, I completed a sketch of a young man found deceased on the side of Mayforge Road in South Dallas. I carried his sketch with me everyday and showed it at each department I visited and showed it each time I taught a school. I shared it often and prayed that this man would be reunited with his family someday. He was handsome and had very distinguishable tattoos. I couldn't imagine why there was not a match for so long. I learned this week that Troy Thomas Kozkowski was identified due to your diligent efforts. Thank you Carl for the hard work you did for this man and his family. Now that I have joined Websleuhs, I hope that I can help in future efforts. Excellent work everyone. Rest in Peace Troy.

I realize this is an older thread, but I am just blown away! Amazing job Karl for catching this and bringing Troy home for a proper burial! Way to go!

:rocker: :yourock::party:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back