GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

So he was *thinking* all the time before, and immediately after....... but not when he made the choice to rape and murder....

LOL I hear Saacks whispering, "that's good, that's good!"

They could have impeached the doc based on JW's own words in the statement he gave her about his decisions and his overriding his desire to leave. I wish I could have sent some questions to them (real time) to ask. There were some points that got left on the table.

I wish the ada has punched her questions a little harder.

IMO, I think the Prosecution did not use these "witnesses" because they are doing more to prove JW knew what he was doing - more impact on jurors. Defense calls these experts but they havent proven JWs insanity is whats sticking in my mind.

Weak, weak, weak.

Hers was the biggest bucket of ballyhoo I've heard in a long time.

What a witness to end the DT's case. I've put her into the "Disorganized" group of offenders -- she offended my and the jury's & the Court's intelligence. How 'bout yours, Peeps? I need a drink of Pepsi...

They must not have liked Wolfe's enuff to have her take the stand...

Weak, weak, weak.

Hers was the biggest bucket of ballyhoo I've heard in a long time.

What a witness to end the DT's case. I've put her into the "Disorganized" group of offenders -- she offended my and the jury's & the Court's intelligence. How 'bout yours, Peeps? I need a drink of Pepsi...

They must not have liked Wolfe's enuff to have her take the stand...

I'M BEGINNING TO QUESTION MY OWN SANITY! (caps for emphasis)

:what:"The television was on!" :what:

Case closed.

This continual waiting while the jury looks over documents is unbelievable IMO. I don't recall this being the practice of courts in other states. And why was John Edwards jury allowed to take evidence into the jury room, while jurors on this level aren't allowed to do the same? I realize it's, what, district court? But still, why aren't juries in N.C. allowed to examine the evidence in the jury room?

Random observation: the lead defense attorney is quite friendly and conciliatory with the state's team. I see him leaning over and chatting with Saacks at various points. I saw this as well with defense attorney Klink, during the J. Young trial.

Compare this to the Cooper trial in which the contempt between the defense and state became so thick it was palpable and the defense right out of the gate smeared the state and everyone involved in the case as being a part of some massive conspiracy.

Anyone else think the Dr testifying this morning looks like JW's mother? Wonder how well those therapy sessions went!

That was my first thought, too, slooth! GMTA! I wonder if JW wet his pants when he saw her? Amazing likeness, IMO.

This continual waiting while the jury looks over documents is unbelievable IMO. I don't recall this being the practice of courts in other states. And why was John Edwards jury allowed to take evidence into the jury room, while jurors on this level aren't allowed to do the same? I realize it's, what, district court? But still, why aren't juries in N.C. allowed to examine the evidence in the jury room?

In NC both sides have to agree to allow the jury to have exhibits in the jury room. In the Cooper case, they did. In the Young case the defense did not agree, so they didn't. The judge's hands are tied.

I doubt it, since his mother testified to the fact that the family never told the various therapists about JW's deviant sexual proclivities.

So he threw the rock away, when did he bury the socks?

When he got home -- in back of their apt -- IIRC, he told this to Dr. Hilkey.

That poor defense attorney, Cooper?, is having problems with vocabulary words today.

That TV might just be the nail in his coffin.

He had a visible sign, before he ever entered the house, that house was likely occupied! And he decided to enter the house anyway.

So no more defense witnesses.

Oh crap, more stuff for the jurors to look at. :( < banging head over & over >

He had a visible sign, before he ever entered the house, that house was likely occupied! And he decided to enter the house anyway.

I hope the pros. hones in on this very fact during their closing statement. It's huge.

Along with the big white car on the parking pad. :maddening: :banghead:

This case is in the Superior Court of Wake County -- the Edwards case is Federal Court. Different rules.

Mornin' glee!!:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back