Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are these people? This information is not from the US Department of Justice or a federal law enforcement agency or scientific study about luminol. This is some small group of people who give presentations and do training and online courses living off a government grant. This should be taken with a grain of salt.

©2013 National Forensic Science Technology Center ® NFSTC Science Serving Justice® 7881 114th Avenue North • Largo, Florida 33773 | (727) 549-6067 • info@nfstc.org

It's a con trying to pass that site off as a credible cite about luminol sensitivity in forensic serology. I was almost fooled thinking it was something from the government but it's certainly not.

This web site is funded through a grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, US Dept. of Justice. Neither the US Dept. of Justice nor any of its components operate, control, are responsible for, or necessarily endorse this web site (including, without limitation, its content, technical infrastructure, and policies, and any services or tools provided).

BBM

The criticism of the training website as "not a credible cite" was a random thought?
... or along the lines of Andrea Vogt is not a journalist, wiki sites by definition are incorrect, and pro-victim advocates are brainwashed.[/QUOTE]

in the plethora of threads here in the AK forum several errors have been located and cited re: both sources, so no, they are not "good enough" imo.

In case you missed this, if errors have been identified in the collection of information about the murder of Meredith Kercher, what has been done to correct that information?

Hampikian, for example, has boldly taken credit for influencing the Conti and Vecchiotti report such that the guilty verdicts were overturned, yet requests for additional information are refused on the basis that this information is a "state secret". If he has valid scientific evidence that is applicable in a public trial, why is his work a secret?

I think you're quite confused. Influencing the report? That would cause quite a stir in the courtroom. Or do you know something even the lawyers don't?

"State secret"? A deranged blogger asked him to release his e-mail communication with Amanda's lawyers, of course he would refuse as a consultant.

article-2543135-12D32F2B000005DC-759_634x459.jpg

Amanda Knox should be made to serve her sentence if she and ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito are convicted of Meredith Kercher murder, prosecutor urges

Knox and her one-time lover served four years in jail for the murder of Miss Kercher, who was found semi-naked with her throat slit in the flat she shared with Knox

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/21/article-2543135-12D32F2B000005DC-759_634x459.jpg

Attachments

• article-2543135-12D32F2B000005DC-759_634x459.jpg
    article-2543135-12D32F2B000005DC-759_634x459.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 6
Good news for Knox

"Maresco said: 'I am sure whatever the decision of the court, there will be justice because all of the elements have been profoundly evaluated.

'It will be a decision that we will accept with absolute serenity.'

The defence and prosecution are both making their summing up arguments before the court begins deliberations on January 30, when a verdict is expected.

During a break, Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, said that any request for extradition could be made only after a possible guilty verdict is confirmed by Italy's highest court, a process that can take more than a year."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Meredith-Kercher-murder-prosecutor-urges.html

Unless arrest warrants are issued and passports are confiscated ... then it's immediate. Where will Sollecito be if that happens?

I don't think that's fair at all. They do this day in and day out. We cannot expect them to act like someone off the street seeing a murder victim for the first time.

After all, they are doing that as a job....is that not enough? Yet we can still call them insensitive if they joke or try to lighten the mood a bit? I mean, geez, I do not want these people who do this day in and day to go into severe depressions.

after reading the article and seeing the comments here i emailed the lead forensics investigator with my hometown police department (20+ years experience) who i met in the early 90's. he too was horrified... "extreme lack of professionalism" was one comment.

to each their own.

Where is our resident Chemist when we need him?

why? his opinion is often dismissed (and by those without a biochem degree)...

it does seem that in the field the sensitivity of luminol matches what some here claim of TMB:

Anders Nilsson. The Swedish National Laboratory of Forensic Science (SKL), Linköping 2006, “The forensic luminol test for blood: unwanted interference and the effect on subsequent analysis":

Under laboratorial conditions CL [chemiluminescence] was detected from luminol treated stains of the used hemoglobin solution (corresponding to blood) diluted up to 5·106 times. A comparably high sensitivity of the luminol test has been reported in other studies. However the sensitivity is probably not as great under the conditions found at a crime scene and here, depending on several factors, perhaps one may “only” see blood diluted to about 1:10000

www.imprimus.net/PDF%20Files/Downloadable%20Files%20Page/LuminolTestforBlood.pdf

why? his opinion is often dismissed (and by those without a biochem degree)...

it does seem that in the field the sensitivity of luminol matches what some here claim of TMB:

Anders Nilsson. The Swedish National Laboratory of Forensic Science (SKL), Linköping 2006, “The forensic luminol test for blood: unwanted interference and the effect on subsequent analysis":

COLOR=#009030]www.imprimus.net/PDF%20Files/Downloadable%20Files%20Page/LuminolTestforBlood.pdf[/COLOR]
There is only one crime scene where both tests were done. The flat floor tiles should work great for a Luminol test (and it did work). The TMB test however had interference from the DNA testing. I don't see why the hallway would suddenly make the sensitivity gap between Luminol and TMB any smaller.

Good news for Knox

"Maresco said: 'I am sure whatever the decision of the court, there will be justice because all of the elements have been profoundly evaluated.

'It will be a decision that we will accept with absolute serenity.'

The defence and prosecution are both making their summing up arguments before the court begins deliberations on January 30, when a verdict is expected.

During a break, Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, said that any request for extradition could be made only after a possible guilty verdict is confirmed by Italy's highest court, a process that can take more than a year."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Meredith-Kercher-murder-prosecutor-urges.html

Unless arrest warrants are issued and passports are confiscated ... then it's immediate. Where will Sollecito be if that happens?
Actually Knox says in her book that under the Italian system, when during one of the three phases a verdict is made, it goes into effect immediately. This is why in 2009 they were immediately put in prison upon conviction (even though it was provisional) and why upon the Hellmann verdict, they were immediately released (even though that ruling was also provisional) instead of being kept in jail to await the Supreme Court ruling on Hellmann. So this (bolded above) cannot be right.

If Raffaele's DNA was flying around the cottage, then how come it was only found in one place? Wouldn't we expect it to be on some other samples too? If it is from contamination? And how could it be from contamination from the lab if nothing else had RS's DNA on it? Or was RS breaking into the lab at night and coughing and sneezing on all of the equipment?

So the only possible answer for you would be if Steffanoni or others planted RS's DNA on the bra clasp. As has been mentioned on here before, that is no small accusation to make.

And furthermore, if they were going to plant such DNA for RS, why not plant it in more places to "solidify" the case against him?? I don't understand this....they want to "nail" RS, so they plant his DNA in one little place? This all-powerful forensic team?

I am not saying you are wrong to analyze and question and be skeptical. But it has to make some kind of sense.

If they were going around planting RS's DNA (in one place), why woudln't they go ahead and plant some of Amanda's DNA in the murder room? You know, to really "nail" her?

Here is a possible explanation why MS's DNA was not found elsewhere in the murder room. All of the samples from the murder room were collected days before the bra clasp and the coat. Perhaps the people helping collect the bra clasp brought RS's DNA in from the hallway with them. We know that RS was in the hallway and touched the doorhandle to the murder room before the body was discovered. We also have a high degree of suspicion that there was contamination of the bra clasp since 2-4 additional sets of male DNA were found on the bra clasp. To say these sets of DNA were not contaminants one would have to posit that Merideth was both a little promiscuous and/or unhygienic. In other words 2-4 other males would have had to touch the bra clasp after it was last washed. That's why the smart thing to have done, if you were an unbiased forensic scientist would have to sample the DNA of all males who entered the room after the body was discovered to see if any of their DNA matched that found on the bra clasp. Had there been a match, it would have proven contamination. We have a little saying in the medical profession, "If you don't want to find a fever, don't take the temperature. Perhaps Steffanoni didn't want to find contamination. Do you think that's a possibility?

This is why I have warned people multiple times about the fake wiki and how deceptive it is. The link to that pdf has been used repeatedly by Sherlock as a cite for luminol and TMB sensitivity and I now discover it's what they use on the wiki site. The PDF doesn't even cite any scientific studies. It's a con.

I checked the knife page on the wiki/blog linked here earlier and none of the claims on that page are cited either. Click on the footnote links and they open the mission statement page.

Ok, let me get this straight - so are you saying that the NFTSC or whatever it is, that that's a con? Or are you saying the Wiki page is a con? I mean, it can't be that both are working in a conspiracy together. So which one are you suggesting is the con?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe