CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
Forgot to get here earlier. Oh well, at least I'm here.

The best part of the Defense's case will be watching Orman and Brauchler cross examine the witnesses. Particularly Orman as he can get a tad testy.:happydance:

Have you seen this?!

@producerjesse: #BREAKING: man arrested outside #tsarnaev sentencing - had giant meat cleaver in car http://t.co/QXMid7hQWD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen this?!

@producerjesse: #BREAKING: man arrested outside #tsarnaev sentencing - had giant meat cleaver in car http://t.co/QXMid7hQWD

no I hadn't ---had to step away for a moment and play Mommy---(DD had 30lbs of butter drop on foot yesterday--) But people are really being crazy these days!:shame:-

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 51m51 minutes ago
You can follow along with the discussion about #theatershooting jury instructions on the Denver Post live blog at http://dpo.st/1PNhBUV

no I hadn't ---had to step away for a moment and play Mommy---(DD had 30lbs of butter drop on foot yesterday--) But people are really being crazy these days!:shame:-

I'm glad they caught him before he managed to attack someone!

I hope your DD is ok!

Going to take a break We'll come on in a sec Phil Tenser

Phil Tenser

25 minutes ago

Defense asking that the instruction reference CMHIP, where gunman would be committed if found NGRI
Makes it clear that the court makes the final determination that someone found NGRI can be released

Judge doesn't believe he has the authority to change this, but also doesn't share the concerns expressed by defense
Judge explaining how the jury was already taught this information

Judge says this is the only instruction for informational purposes only that he is aware of
Spengler alludes to the video they're going to show of the defendant in jail falling
Defense argues that the standard instruction doesn't "convey just how difficult it is and what the procedures are for someone to be released from custody following a finding of NGRI

Defense version was titled "informational instruction on commitment procedure"
Next is #19: "Informational instruction" about NGRI commitment of defendant
Judge is going to think on the defense 2nd paragraph for this instruction. no ruling today
Next is instruction #18, which he says he's already given to the jury. It is the affirmative defense of insanity's description of "distinguishing right from wrong
Judge will include paragraphs included in the law, but not the redundant ones the prosecution objected to
Prosecution arguing the defense additions are redundant
Nelson: "This case is about mental state so we think it is important to highlight for the jury that they can consider mental state
Defense says they've added paragraph reminding the jury that the prosecution must "disprove" their insanity argument Phil Tenser
7News

I'm glad they caught him before he managed to attack someone!

I hope your DD is ok!

She is doing much better today----huge bump and bruise. Doesn't matter how old they are they are always babies....babies will be 24 on Friday--hard to believe! (twins)

She is doing much better today----huge bump and bruise. Doesn't matter how old they are they are always babies....babies will be 24 on Friday--hard to believe! (twins)

Oh I know! My eldest is 25 and I still worry about him. He went on holiday to Japan with his wife and I was panicking the whole time he was away!

Oh I know! My eldest is 25 and I still worry about him. He went on holiday to Japan with his wife and I was panicking the whole time he was away!

they moved out for over a year---I was a mess! Even now when they go out and about I worry! Crazy

they moved out for over a year---I was a mess! Even now when they go out and about I worry! Crazy

Well at least we love them! Lots of parents can't wait to get rid of their kids :)

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 6m6 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting debate between counsels, judge on jury deliberation instructions has concluded. If you missed it, you didn't miss much.

I'm quite a bit behind. Are they done already?

All done got today. See everyone in court tomorrow.

Judge says he's avoided defining "complaint" which is the listed charges
Orman wants to discuss muddle (sp?) instruction. (I'm Not sure what that means)
Orman also adjusts "reckless manslaughter" to "manslaughter" to match with state law
Orman brings up wanting to know when they can call witnesses for a rebuttal case
Orman says they have at least 1 witness for rebuttal: Dr. Phillip Resnick
Samour also says it would help to know their estimated end date, so they could have another jury instruction hearing
minutes ago

Dr. Resnick is someone the prosecution says will rebut testimony of a defense doctor
Goodbye everyone. See you tomorrow Phil Tenser 7 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member