Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager in 2006 *report released 2015* #4 *Dismissed*

Here, this will make you feel better:

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and Jill (Duggar) Dillard appeared on TLC's documentary Breaking the Silence Sunday, seeking education to address the aftermath of the abuse they faced at the hands of brother Josh Duggar more than a decade ago.
"I was so glad that my girls and I were able to do this together and that we could just be a support and encouragement to each other to be able to gain more information about this important topic," said Michelle, 48.
The seminar was especially meaningful for Jessa, who is expecting her first child on Nov. 1, and she said she learned "things I can do to be more aware, things I can do to set up boundaries and safeguards for my child and children, hopefully, in the future."

http://www.people.com/article/jill-...ggar-seewald-breaking-silence-tlc-documentary

I skipped the documentary.

Why didn't the extremely proud mother protect here girls or at least get them counseling when it happened instead of covering up for her son???:banghead::banghead::banghead: That alone makes me want to slap her! Too bad if it's "hateful".

snipped for focus

did he? I don't know whether he chose it or was brought up in it. Given what I observed growing up where and when I did, I can't honestly say that I agree someone brought up on it chose it.

Rather, they were brought up on it and never chose (or possessed the critical thinking skills) to question it.

I don't agree with this either. If a woman who previously espoused feminist views (hypothetical, not saying this is true of Michelle) suddenly joined up with a misogynist cult and that led to her favoring her male children over her female ones, that's on her, not the leader of the cult.

I think it would depend on if or how she was recruited. Yes, if she willingly signed up then it's on her, but if she'd been groomed, manipulated, brainwashed and lied to it's on the leader.

Why didn't the extremely proud mother protect here girls or at least get them counseling when it happened instead of covering up for her son???:banghead::banghead::banghead: That alone makes me want to slap her! Too bad if it's "hateful".

Good question. Because it wouldn't have helped the Duggar show's ratings? Because Michelle doesn't actually care about supporting her girls? Because she thinks that appearing in a documentary on sexual abuse will somehow make people forget her religious beliefs that women "defraud" men by... well, by existing... and that it will somehow resurrect an interest in the Duggar family?

I'll just take my place behind y'all in the slapping line.

Good question. Because it wouldn't have helped the Duggar show's ratings? Because Michelle doesn't actually care about supporting her girls? Because she thinks that appearing in a documentary on sexual abuse will somehow make people forget her religious beliefs that women "defraud" men by... well, by existing... and that it will somehow resurrect an interest in the Duggar family?

I'll just take my place behind y'all in the slapping line.

I noticed one of the things she said was:

"I was so glad that my girls and I were able to do this together and that we could just be a support and encouragement to each other to be able to gain more information about this important topic," said Michelle, 48.

It seems even when she's pretending she can't quite get it right. Nice try, but no, Michelle, you were supposed to support THEM. They aren't supposed to be supporting and encouraging you after what you put them through.

I think it would depend on if or how she was recruited. Yes, if she willingly signed up then it's on her, but if she'd been groomed, manipulated, brainwashed and lied to it's on the leader.

Agreed. But I am not sure that's what happened.

I'm sure our fellow Websleuthers will know or be able to instantly find out the circumstances under which she joined the religion.

IIRC she chose to join it so she could marry Jim Bob. Whose attraction I fail to discern. But to each her own.

I admit I'm in a super cranky mood and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but I just got back from the grocery store, where the latest People with Jessa and Jill on the cover was displayed.

I just wanted to slap their smirky faces. I am so tired of this sick, hypocritical family.

I wish they would all crawl back under their rock and stay there.

I watched the TLC show on childhood sexual abuse tonight. Thankfully, even though there was a small Duggar presence, the majority focused on people wah have come to terms with their experiences, as well as professionals. Two of the Duggar girls, with Michelle were shown participating in a family education/prevention session. They were such a sharp contrast from others more truly in recovery their performances brought to mind the codependent mantra, don't talk, don't trust, don't feel. Smiling for the camera, saying how glad they are to learn about "this important issue." Wooden. Stiff.

I noticed one of the things she said was:

It seems even when she's pretending she can't quite get it right. Nice try, but no, Michelle, you were supposed to support THEM. They aren't supposed to be supporting and encouraging you after what you put them through.

Maybe I'm reading too much in, but I saw the three of them embracing the education piece--which was really about ways that adults can prevent children from being victimized (rather than always putting the onus on kids to say no, to tell, to run away, to recognize bad touches)--as mothers accepting an unfair share of responsibility for the abuse. "Setting boundaries" offers the illusion of safety without having to specificly confront what has already happened. Like the Duggar's new house with the boys and girls dorms at opposite ends and the parents between.

I watched the TLC show on childhood sexual abuse tonight. Thankfully, even though there was a small Duggar presence, the majority focused on people wah have come to terms with their experiences, as well as professionals. Two of the Duggar girls, with Michelle were shown participating in a family education/prevention session. They were such a sharp contrast from others more truly in recovery their performances brought to mind the codependent mantra, don't talk, don't trust, don't feel. Smiling for the camera, saying how glad they are to learn about "this important issue." Wooden. Stiff.

Learn about the issue? They never knew about it?

the sheer disconnect of tht statement is disturbing

It's safe and neutral to say that it was nice to learn more and people should talk more about this important issue...

However,the more Michelle had to learn from this show the more she didn't bother to read up and learn and find out about childhood sexual abuse when it was an acute issue in her family and all of her kids needed urgent help. JMO.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...reaking-the-silence-sexual-abuse-documentary/

The cameras followed Jill and Jessa Duggar, who were among Josh's victims, accompanied by their mother, Michelle, as they attended a seminar to help stop abuse before it starts. The seminar was conducted by the group Darkness to Light, and the group provides five steps for parents to help detect signs of abuse in their children and know how to react if it happens in their family. "It was amazing to understand that there are so many people that deal with this exact same thing in their own families," Jill said. "I feel like this should be a discussion that people are having, even regularly. It shouldn't be a taboo subject," Jessa added.

http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkG...p5_The_5_Steps_to_Protecting_Our_Children.htm

If you eliminate or reduce potential for children to be in isolated, one-on-one situations with adults or other youth, you dramatically reduce risk.
At least they got validation for their dorm ideology.

http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkG...bly_to_Protect_Children_from_Sexual_Abuse.htm

But nothing here says, "pray, cover it up and make molester do some carpentry"

Great choices, both of you .. And this leaves the field open for my least favorite > Michelle.

I believe that Michelle Duggar is the most passionate and zealous promoter of patriarchy and anti-equality hate of the whole bunch. I believe she would love to be a martyr for the cause. And I actually think JimBob loves his kids more genuinely than Michelle. I think she doesn't have much real connection with her kids after they're weaned.

Out of all of them, she scares me the most.

I have a problem when people think it's ok for someone to want to slap the faces of the smirky Duggar girls. That is hateful in my opinion. Also, some have alluded to Josh not being the only Duggar son having done something wrong.

You have some valid points, Bayou. While I feel the girls have minimized and denied the reality of their abuse as a result of their adoption of some of the more dangerous tenets of the patriarchy, they are victims. And nothing suggests they are bad people.

That goes for their brothers as well. Although I do feel that the chances of more issues with the males in general in that family far exceed the chances of issues with the general population, due specifically to the gender stratification, sexual repression, sexual obsession and misogyny of their culture.

But you are right, IMO, to have a problem with demonizing people who have done nothing wrong. Many of us, me included, have very strong feelings about the harm this family and their ideology have caused to themselves and others. But you've reminded me to check myself and have compassion.

Article with link to the 'therapeutic regimen' at the hellish but useless charlatan rehab clinic at which Josh is supposedly registered:

http://gawker.com/josh-duggar-s-sex-rehab-is-probably-just-another-chri-1726747380

Link to the document itself -- well worth a read:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/276244523/Reformers-Unanimous-Housing-application

I especially liked "No fraternization or conversation with the opposite sex is permitted for any reason at any time."

Yeah, that's the way to go to promote healthy relationships to the opposite sex... you can ogle them as objects on the opposite side in the church but not talk to them - because talking might lead you to see them as people as feelings...

I liked how patients/clients (?) were not allowed to bring any of their own music -- all music would be provided by the labor camp.

Just speaking for myself, but I have a feeling that if I was subjected to their musical selections I would end up with worse rather than better mental health. I also find it sad that they think that a person's musical choices are somehow tied to the reason s/he is in rehab.

No other books, periodicals, newspapers, or other writings shall be made available to the student. Please do not send such materials or request an exception to this rule.

Is this
a) because there might be pictures
or
b) because they define success as being uninformed, unthinking and ignorant but able to recite memorized Bible quotes
or c) both

I missed the special last night, but did DVR it but haven't seen it. DM has an overview:
Jessa and Jill Duggar along with their mother Michelle discussed their molestation as minors by older brother Josh on a special that aired Sunday night. The three appeared on TLC's Breaking the Silence, a documentary that featured interviews with individuals who suffered sexual abuse as children. The two young women and their mother also participated in a prevention training class hosted by Darkness to Light, an organization that works to empower and educate victims.

'I was so glad that my girls and I were able to do this together and that we could just be a support and encouragement to each other to be able to gain more information about this important topic,' said Michelle during the program according to People.

Jessa opened up about her experience, and what she hoped would happen in the future. 'I feel like this should be a discussion people are having, even regularly,' she said. 'I think that it shouldn't be a taboo subject, that we should be bringing awareness to child sexual abuse and talking about this.'

Jill meanwhile stressed just how important education is when it comes to the subject, especially not that she had a child and Jessa is expecting her first child.

Actress Teri Hatcher and Cheryl Burke of Dancing With the Stars were two other victims who were interviewed for the special.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-abuse-not-taboo-awareness.html#ixzz3kOLIDKc3

I know it's been said before, but it has to be said again. For a people who want to be wholesome and pure, they sure are fixated on SEX. They idolize sex within marriage making it bigger than what it really is, and they demonize it outside of marriage, making it bigger than it really is.

They are whack about sex. Sex is absolutely fabulous, but to fixate on it warps it beyond reality.

I used to think they were okay people who were just misunderstood. I no longer think that! I think they are on the wrong path, and it's a dangerous path.

As for public criticism, I think that will just make them dig in their heels harder and they will react by thinking how much more work they have to do in the fallen world. Sigh. They aren't going to go away.

You have some valid points, Bayou. While I feel the girls have minimized and denied the reality of their abuse as a result of their adoption of some of the more dangerous tenets of the patriarchy, they are victims. And nothing suggests they are bad people.

But you are right, IMO, to have a problem with demonizing people who have done nothing wrong. Many of us, me included, have very strong feelings about the harm this family and their ideology have caused to themselves and others. But you've reminded me to check myself and have compassion.

Snipped for focus

I am not so sure they have done "nothing" wrong. I distinctly remember when their interview with Megyn Kelly came out, they made some statements that were clearly lies. I can't remember specifics though.

I watched the documentary last night. There were only a few brief clips where the Duggars spoke.

I couldn't help but cringe when MD spoke. I really don't see her getting anything out of this other than her self validating her own actions by how she separated all the males and female siblings in the home, which would be impossible for the average family to do that doesn't get a mansion built for them for free. It is completely unrealistic in the "real" world.

I do feel that overall the documentary was good, with the exception of the fact that they just HAD to insert the Duggars into it.

Snipped for focus

I am not so sure they have done "nothing" wrong. I distinctly remember when their interview with Megyn Kelly came out, they made some statements that were clearly lies. I can't remember specifics though.
Jill and Jessa lied and said that none of them never even knew they were abused until they were told about it because they slept through it. That directly contradicts the official police report that states the 5 year told her parents twice that she was being touched inappropriately by her teenage brother. If the 5 year old knew it was wrong, how come none of the adults did? :gaah:

I watched the documentary last night. There were only a few brief clips where the Duggars spoke.

I couldn't help but cringe when MD spoke. I really don't see her getting anything out of this other than her self validating her own actions by how she separated all the males and female siblings in the home, which would be impossible for the average family to do that doesn't get a mansion built for them for free. It is completely unrealistic in the "real" world.

I do feel that overall the documentary was good, with the exception of the fact that they just HAD to insert the Duggars into it.
I have a feeling that the Duggars were originally featured more prominently, to test audience reactions to Jill and Jessa specifically. Then Josh Duggar struck again last week and they headed into the editing room at the last minute to reduce the amount of airtime the Duggars were given. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back