Wireless help

nappy2

Have you kissed your cat today?
Reaction score
I need wireless help!... I have a Compaq presario v6101us laptop and I cannot figure out how to turn on the wireless internet. I think I"ve tryed just about everything and it didnt work .

Any help would be very much apprecated!
Thank you

Hi Nappy, is it running XP or Vista?

I need wireless help!... I have a Compaq presario v6101us laptop and I cannot figure out how to turn on the wireless internet. I think I"ve tryed just about everything and it didnt work .

Any help would be very much apprecated!
Thank you

Is there a wireless switch on the side of the computer? My old Fujitsu has a switch, and I was always sliding it off without realizing it. My new dell doesn't have that "feature" Thank God.

Is there a wireless switch on the side of the computer? My old Fujitsu has a switch, and I was always sliding it off without realizing it. My new dell doesn't have that "feature" Thank God.

Hi Pepper
My computer does have a switch on the front of it and I switched it on and off but it doesnt do anything

Ok to setup a wireless network on an XP machine you need to be sure that your router is a wireless one. If it is it'll broadcast a signal for your laptop to pick up.

Assuming that you do have a wireless router you can follow these steps.

You may be able to skip step 7 but make sure to read the whole article through before you start and if you still have problems after setup post again please.

Hope that helps.

Hi blaize

I'm running windows XP...

First off thank you blaize that web site really helped , but it said on my computer in order to finish the wizard I need a flash drive to save it to.
So I'm leaving right now to go to walmart to get one . When I get back and finish it I let you know how I made out .

Once again thank you so much blaize

I'm glad to help Nappy but I usually skip that step and continue on to setup manually.

Hope it works for you,

First off thank you blaize that web site really helped , but it said on my computer in order to finish the wizard I need a flash drive to save it to.
So I'm leaving right now to go to walmart to get one . When I get back and finish it I let you know how I made out .

Once again thank you so much blaize

Thank you blaize for all the help!

I just got back and it turns out the router does not have a USB port so I guess Im buying a different router .

Thank you again so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nappy I don't think your router needs a usb port for this setup. If I understand correctly the wizard asked you if you wanted to save your settings to a flash drive?

If that's what it did the only reason it's asking that is so that you can transfer the settings to other computers you want to connect to the wireless router.

All you need to do is to start the wizard and when it gets to that step where it asks you if you want to save the setup to a flash drive say no and continue on to setup manually.

Hope that's of some help.

Thank you blaize for all the help!

I just got back and it turns out the router does not have a USB port so I guess Im buying a different router .

Thank you again so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blaize

I did what you said , but I had one problem my computer didnt have a wireless card . I went and bought a wireless card tonight and it all work!!!!!

So I just wanted to say Thank you so much for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Glad to help Nappy & gald it worked out.

Blaize

I did what you said , but I had one problem my computer didnt have a wireless card . I went and bought a wireless card tonight and it all work!!!!!

So I just wanted to say Thank you so much for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back