Sandra trusted him
He wasn't a stranger, he fit in, no one noticed him

His motive?
Was he experienced?
Is he a pediphile?
Are their other victims? (alive/dead)
Did he have help?
Others involved?
Why didn't anyone see her leaving or going with him?

comment on killer profile

snipped from article linked below:

Pollini, who is not involved in the investigation, said based on what has been publicly disclosed, it appears Sandra's killer fits a "disorganized" profile someone lacking in intelligence who would commit a crime close to home and dump the victim's body nearby.

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California..._397440C.shtml

(copied from Sandra Cantu thread #8)

What we know about the killer..........He or She

He didn't work that day
He had time on his hands to do his evil deeds
He had to stash Sandra or her body for a few days til pond filled up
He had time to pack Sandra in a luggage
He threw her in a pond that was empty a week ago
He knew the farm area
He had access to the church and shed area
He knew Sandra
Sandra trusted him

His motive?
Was he experienced?
Is he a pediphile?
Did he have help?
Others involved?

Passionflower - I don't want to rain on your enthusiasm, but how do we know that he didn't work that day? Or that he waited for the pond to fill up? He knew Sandra or that Sandra trusted him?

I have seen conflicting reports on how long the pond had water in it. Has anyone seen a report that appears to be accurate?

The perp could have worked from 7 am to 4 pm or maybe he didn't even start work until 7 p.m? I agree there was a window of opportunity between approx. 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - again approximate times.

I think the question of why no one saw her going with him, particularly at that time of day, is a very good one and is huge. How could she not be seen?

Salem

Passionflower - I don't want to rain on your enthusiasm, but how do we know that he didn't work that day? Or that he waited for the pond to fill up? He knew Sandra or that Sandra trusted him?

I have seen conflicting reports on how long the pond had water in it. Has anyone seen a report that appears to be accurate?

The perp could have worked from 7 am to 4 pm or maybe he didn't even start work until 7 p.m? I agree there was a window of opportunity between approx. 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - again approximate times.

I think the question of why no one saw her going with him, particularly at that time of day, is a very good one and is huge. How could she not be seen?

Salem

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that whomever killed her held her for a while to see what areas were being searched. So, that means a local. Knowing that area was searched (maybe not specifically but in generality) a few times, they finally planted her body there. I'm afraid, and I hate to say this, the gasses built up and made her float, which probably shocked the perp who is walking around not knowing what to do now. The case will be solved soon IMO.

Salem

Hi Salem, I'll bite! She could not be seen it she was quickly put into a car and that car drove either into a garage with a garage door opener which then closed the door, away from anyone's eyes, or driven directly out to the church.

Salem, Were the police alerted around 7pm? Do you think by then this perp had already driven her out the the church, done his thing and killed her, tucked her in the crawlspace of the church while he went to get the bag he had seen by the driveway in the MHO psrk, driven back out to the church, taken her into the shed, emptied the contents of the bag and set them in a corner, stuffed her in the bag, loaded the bag in his car and drove to the pond where he threw the bag in the pond?

We need more info! :rolleyes:

Once the police were on scene he wouldn't want to be seen driving in or out of the park, right? Maybe if it is the perp with a parish he took her to the churdch to take photos. They would sell like hotcakes to these sickos, right?

If he was taking photos I think he was working in tandem with another guy. That way I think everything could have been done and finished, to the pond and back home in the MHP before it was even announced she was missing.

That might be a problem in this case, as the body might not have been dead for 1 1/2 hours for the death scent to materialize before she was discarded in the pond. It would make no sense to even call the cadaver dogs in I am thinking. And I haven't heard of dogs used, might have missed it tho.

What do you thing Big S? xox

Hi Salem, I'll bite! She could not be seen it she was quickly put into a car and that car drove either into a garage with a garage door opener which then closed the door, away from anyone's eyes, or driven directly out to the church.

Salem, Were the police alerted around 7pm? Do you think by then this perp had already driven her out the the church, done his thing and killed her, tucked her in the crawlspace of the church while he went to get the bag he had seen by the driveway in the MHO psrk, driven back out to the church, taken her into the shed, emptied the contents of the bag and set them in a corner, stuffed her in the bag, loaded the bag in his car and drove to the pond where he threw the bag in the pond?

We need more info! :rolleyes:

Once the police were on scene he wouldn't want to be seen driving in or out of the park, right? Maybe if it is the perp with a parish he took her to the churdch to take photos. They would sell like hotcakes to these sickos, right?

If he was taking photos I think he was working in tandem with another guy. That way I think everything could have been done and finished, to the pond and back home in the MHP before it was even announced she was missing.

That might be a problem in this case, as the body might not have been dead for 1 1/2 hours for the death scent to materialize before she was discarded in the pond. It would make no sense to even call the cadaver dogs in I am thinking. And I haven't heard of dogs used, might have missed it tho.

What do you thing Big S? xox
Scandi, we know Sandra obviously left the park as her body was found outside it, yet noone saw her leave. I think you are on the right track. Her family called police at 8p.m. when she hadn't come back for dinner. It's thought that the video of her skipping was shot around 4p.m. One of our resident astrologers believes she was dead by 8:15p.m. So we have an approximately 4 hour window if we believe she wasn't held somewhere for a few days.

Do they have garages in that MHP? I didn't see any but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Was he a complete stranger or did she at least recognize him if not actually know him?

How did he get her in the vehicle? Did he lure her with a promise or ask for her help? Did he grab her? If he grabbed her, no one heard her yell?

If he grabbed her how did he leave the MHP with a screaming and kicking child in his vehicle?

Where was the initial crime scene? We don't know. We only know of the crime scene where her body was found.

Was she assaulted sexually? Was she harmed in other ways prior to her death? Was this a highly violent crime? Or was it what is termed as a soft kill (misnomer)?

It's very difficult to profile a killer when we don't have very many facts. But we can give it a go.

Scandi, we know Sandra obviously left the park as her body was found outside it, yet noone saw her leave. I think you are on the right track. Her family called police at 8p.m. when she hadn't come back for dinner. It's thought that the video of her skipping was shot around 4p.m. One of our resident astrologers believes she was dead by 8:15p.m. So we have an approximately 4 hour window if we believe she wasn't held somewhere for a few days.

Thanks so much Linask as it helps trying to put things together.

We are working with 4 hours until the MHP was crawling with LE, or at least there was a car out at the entrance/exit gate.

For some unknown reason, tonight I have started trying to piece together how this crime was carried out. And it all depends on the profile of this guy, at least the main perp, realizing he might have had an accomplice.

I think we need to write a profile for the perp who would abduct a child this way and then take her in a car 2.2 miles away, evidently use not only the church but the shed, stuff her in a bag and drive her to the pond {? how far from the church}.

First thought is I think it was a given right away she would have to be killed as she could name her perp. So to me that means he took the suitcase with him in the car when he drove her out to the church where I think she died. I read somewhere here tonight Mrs C L said the bag was out by the curb of her driveway and just disappeared! That cements this part of it for me, as Coinkydink's just don't happen in murder.

That brings me to say I think this person might have an accomplice who does his every wish, who is mesmerized by him, knows his faults that he fights, but understands him. And he gives this person power in being a helpmate, whose desire to be appreciated is the reason for doing what he says.

Linask, Don't you think it odd they didn't report her missing till 8pm? Dinner is usually around 5, right? Leaving your daughter out that late, all alone, seems very risky to me. I think she might have been given free reign, except for her grandfather. I don't know. Just too bad and a lesson for us all. xox

Do they have garages in that MHP? I didn't see any but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Was he a complete stranger or did she at least recognize him if not actually know him?

How did he get her in the vehicle? Did he lure her with a promise or ask for her help? Did he grab her? If he grabbed her, no one heard her yell?

If he grabbed her how did he leave the MHP with a screaming and kicking child in his vehicle?

Where was the initial crime scene? We don't know. We only know of the crime scene where her body was found.

Was she assaulted sexually? Was she harmed in other ways prior to her death? Was this a highly violent crime? Or was it what is termed as a soft kill (misnomer)?

It's very difficult to profile a killer when we don't have very many facts. But we can give it a go.

Hi Kat, You are so right about the garage doors! I have only seen carports in there.

I think the only way she disappeared like she did was the perp drove her straight out the front gate and over to the church.

I still think too he had a little doggie or kitty to lure her and keep her busy, and maybe the accomplice was in the passanger seat, held her down a bit as they drove thru the park. IMO

If someone did this to do horrible child *advertiser censored*...then the police are probably trying to find a match to any pictures that the perp may upload for sharing. They could track their IPS.

Passionflower,

It was reported in a presser by Sgt. S. that the pond was full for the past two weeks - which means the ENTIRE time Sandra was missing, so it wasn't empty a week earlier as stated.

I agree with other posts that some of this is speculation - especially whether he worked that day.

What we know about the killer..........He or She

He didn't work that day
He had time on his hands to do his evil deeds
He had to stash Sandra or her body for a few days til pond filled up
He had time to pack Sandra in a luggage
He threw her in a pond that was empty a week ago
He knew the farm area
He had access to the church and shed area
He knew Sandra
Sandra trusted him

His motive?
Was he experienced?
Is he a pediphile?
Did he have help?
Others involved?

Thanks so much Linask as it helps trying to put things together.

We are working with 4 hours until the MHP was crawling with LE, or at least there was a car out at the entrance/exit gate.

For some unknown reason, tonight I have started trying to piece together how this crime was carried out. And it all depends on the profile of this guy, at least the main perp, realizing he might have had an accomplice.

I think we need to write a profile for the perp who would abduct a child this way and then take her in a car 2.2 miles away, evidently use not only the church but the shed, stuff her in a bag and drive her to the pond {? how far from the church}.

First thought is I think it was a given right away she would have to be killed as she could name her perp. So to me that means he took the suitcase with him in the car when he drove her out to the church where I think she died. I read somewhere here tonight Mrs C L said the bag was out by the curb of her driveway and just disappeared! That cements this part of it for me, as Coinkydink's just don't happen in murder.

That brings me to say I think this person might have an accomplice who does his every wish, who is mesmerized by him, knows his faults that he fights, but understands him. And he gives this person power in being a helpmate, whose desire to be appreciated is the reason for doing what he says.

Linask, Don't you think it odd they didn't report her missing till 8pm? Dinner is usually around 5, right? Leaving your daughter out that late, all alone, seems very risky to me. I think she might have been given free reign, except for her grandfather. I don't know. Just too bad and a lesson for us all. xox
I am so tired of hearing about these killers and later finding out they should never have been allowed to be on our streets. Let us not forget that even though we feel she was allowed out to0 late, Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lundsford were taken from their beds. WHERE is a child safe?? This is so scarey. Jon Benet was killed in her home also. Duncan killed a family in their home and then stole the two young children killing Dillan(spelling). If a child is not safe in their own bed then that is just scarey to me.

I am following this story and hope they find the killer soon. He should get the Death Penalty but in California he will die of old age before they execute him.

Brainstorming is great!
I hope 'someone' missed this (these) monsters in the 4 hour time frame!
Which would be dinner time?
The monster had access to the luggage.........no one saw it disappear but Mrs. L
Church and shed.........out of the way
Inside the brain of perp (s)
Sick old fart that can't do anything, but get his kicks on hurting kids?
A team of 2?
disorganized........does that mean never did it before?
So smart that he-they are stupid?
I am praying allot of evidence is found and that Sgt finds the monster(s)
Children should be safe!

Hi Kat, You are so right about the garage doors! I have only seen carports in there.

I think the only way she disappeared like she did was the perp drove her straight out the front gate and over to the church.

I still think too he had a little doggie or kitty to lure her and keep her busy, and maybe the accomplice was in the passanger seat, held her down a bit as they drove thru the park. IMO

I actually thought they did have garage doors. There was an interview from a neighbor saying that Sandra used to play w/ his granddaughter and behind him was I swear to be a garage. There was a lot of lawn equipment and car things inside to just be covered by a car port IMHO. I even made a mental note about the garage doors. I have seen footage that shows the homes to not be so "mobile" if ykwim.

I do not have a link to back the above up, but I'm sure someone here can find it. I believe the man was a neighbor of Sandra's as in across the street or next door...

not sure if this is the right place to post this (if not please move and accept my apologies).....but the video of her skipping shows her leaving the (entrance side) of the MHP and going towards her house and heading to the (back side) of the MHP. It was my understanding at some point she entered her house for 5 mins or so spoke to the grandfather/mother and then left to return outside to play....Can we speculate then that this video would be showing her beginning to return to her house AFTER heading to the second house?? (I think I heard she never made it to the second house).....

All of that being said~ as far as a profile of a killer, what do we know about the 4-3 POIs....as far as jobs, hours worked, etc. It would seem to me that either this person has no job, works early (to be off work by 4) or has odd hours....

and while I am thinking of it, is there an entrance to the church (by means of woods, etc) from the back end of the MHP?? Speculating here - she didn't HAVE to be carried out through the main entrance if indeed she was taken to the church......

Has Van Zandt or anyother profiler talked about this case?

Has Van Zandt or anyother profiler talked about this case?

as far as I know, only Pat Brown has profiled (somewhat) saying could be a serial killer......I think this was mentioned on the general discussions thread (possibly before we got out own forum).....

Hope this helps :)

another thought - the video of her skipping, it has been said that she was skipping to her house, which means she would be going toward the back (or non exit/entrance) of the park...what about the video from her house? IF the perp was in a car, don;t you think they would be caught going back out towards the exit (hence passing Sandra's house)? Of course there is a possibility that they went down another street.

Do we know how many homes there have cameras? I heard the LE say yesterday that they have hours and hours of video and one being from the hotel/motel parking lot across the street from the mhp....wonder if they have footage of SOMETHING???!!!

as far as I know, only Pat Brown has profiled (somewhat) saying could be a serial killer......I think this was mentioned on the general discussions thread (possibly before we got out own forum).....

Hope this helps :)

Hi AlwaysHaveHope, Pat Brown was on HLM yesterday when she talked about the case. I went to her site yesterday and found nothing about the case yet as a commentary.

I'll see if Clint has written about the case yet. xox

ETA: No, nothing from Clint yet.

not sure if this is the right place to post this (if not please move and accept my apologies).....but the video of her skipping shows her leaving the (entrance side) of the MHP and going towards her house and heading to the (back side) of the MHP. It was my understanding at some point she entered her house for 5 mins or so spoke to the grandfather/mother and then left to return outside to play....Can we speculate then that this video would be showing her beginning to return to her house AFTER heading to the second house?? (I think I heard she never made it to the second house).....

All of that being said~ as far as a profile of a killer, what do we know about the 4-3 POIs....as far as jobs, hours worked, etc. It would seem to me that either this person has no job, works early (to be off work by 4) or has odd hours....

and while I am thinking of it, is there an entrance to the church (by means of woods, etc) from the back end of the MHP?? Speculating here - she didn't HAVE to be carried out through the main entrance if indeed she was taken to the church......

I noticed several days ago that Orange Street which someone mentioned LL lives on (this was never verified but it brought out early important forensic astrology clues about the pastor, and put the spotlight on him for us), is at the back and leads to a field that is behind the church. Also, the pastor at 77 would have a lot of time on his hands during the day, since the position is probably part-time due to the small size of the building and congregation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back