Physical Evidence

I think they are probably Maria's...they wouldn't be Christina's due to what the prosecutor said about them having evidentuart value..they don't think Christina was even involved...so my guess is they belonged to Maria...I don't recall reading anything in the autopsy report about her having shoes on...even if they had burned..u would still have something left that would identify them as shoes. So, the evidentuary value must be in the area that it was found in...was it close to the back door?
There was no mention in the autopsy report of her wearing anything but a green shirt and medium sized sports bra. Shoes or clothing on her lower body weren't in the report. One shoe was in the garage and the other one was right outside the garage door leading into the back yard. :)

Yea, ok...it stands to reason they would have evidentuary value since LE believes Maria was killed in the garage...makes more semse too that they are her shoes...just by the geographics of them. I think so anyway.

I think the problem with the shoe is being found outside by Greta's crew. The shoe was completely missed...which I find terribly odd being they had the bonfires, parties, and other things going on in their backyard after Maria was murdered. It was overlooked by Cesar, Christina, AND all of the LE scouring that yard and home for clues to this horrific murder. How did it go unnoticed by all those people for a month or so?!

However, we don't know if they took the other shoe found in the garage in as evidence...do we? I have forgotten if we have a complete inventory of what they recovered as evidence. If the shoe outside did have blood on it from Maria, I would assume the other shoe still inside the garage could have blood on it, too.

I don't think they are Maria's. I don't see her kicking off her shoes as she was being fatally hit in the head and having her throat cut after her death. There would have been blood on both shoes from her wounds and from pooling of blood around her.

Besides, if they were determined to be Maria's...Wouldn't they be considered more important to the case than "might be used by the DA"?

They could have come off of her when he was dragging her body...this type of shoe could slip off easily if the one wearing them were being dragged somewhere.

I think the problem with the shoe is being found outside by Greta's crew. The shoe was completely missed...which I find terribly odd being they had the bonfires, parties, and other things going on in their backyard after Maria was murdered. It was overlooked by Cesar, Christina, AND all of the LE scouring that yard and home for clues to this horrific murder. How did it go unnoticed by all those people for a month or so?!

However, we don't know if they took the other shoe found in the garage in as evidence...do we? I have forgotten if we have a complete inventory of what they recovered as evidence. If the shoe outside did have blood on it from Maria, I would assume the other shoe still inside the garage could have blood on it, too.

I don't think they are Maria's. I don't see her kicking off her shoes as she was being fatally hit in the head and having her throat cut after her death. There would have been blood on both shoes from her wounds and from pooling of blood around her.

Besides, if they were determined to be Maria's...Wouldn't they be considered more important to the case than "might be used by the DA"?

They never admit all the evidence they have....I think the SW will be highly contested and CS knows that. So imo he is expecting motions to be filed on this particular piece of evidence and it may be deemed inadmissable by the court Judge.

Actually if you see Greta when she is at the back stoop she is standing right by the shoe on her left and doesn't even notice it. Sheriff Brown is the one that noticed the shoe. He eye view was in line with it as he talked with Greta. He then didn't touch the sole where I believe the forensic evidence was located but used a wire to maneuver the shoe and then radioed in to obtain a SW for the shoe.

They may have been Maria's because the ME did not list shoes taken from the grave. However we do not know if they found remnants of shoes in the soil samples taken. It is hard to say what she was buried in as the charring damage was done more to her lower body.

imo

They could have come off of her when he was dragging her body...this type of shoe could slip off easily if the one wearing them were being dragged somewhere.
I could see this scenario too where the shoes just come off as she's been dragged, but what seems really odd is no mention of her having any clothing below the waist in the autopsy report. That would make me believe someone took the shoes off, either Maria, or whoever removed her clothing. If that's what happened, how one shoe got outside is curious though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back