OK - Jason 'J.J.' Hall, 19 mos, beaten to death, Tulsa, 19 Aug 2008

The jury recommended 38 years for Larry Neeley in the murder of 19-month-old JJ Hall. The judge reduced the sentence, and he'll be out in less than 10 years.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11614368

In changing the sentence, Judge Kellough said Neeley was remorseful and had no history of abuse towards children.

WTH??!!!

He MURDERED a toddler!! The whole 'history of abuse' makes no sense at all !! And who cares if he's "remorseful" -- they all are once they are found guilty. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Unbelievable.

What is the point of a jury trial if the judge decides he doesn't like the sentence?!?! The jury decided in 4 HOURS. Sounded to me like they knew what they were doing. Miscarriage of justice.

I felt the same way in the Matthew Eappen case in MA-the jury convicted the nanny of second degree murder and the judge overturned it to time served and deportation. The judge even stated in his ruling that he believed implicitly that she was guilty-but he did not require her to make a statement of guilt or anything-just sent her on her way with a lecture....because he felt that she was an ill tempered 19 year old and didnt deserve 25 years-life. For shattering a baby's skull and breaking his bones by twisting his limbs.

The judge is patently telling this jury that they were too hard on this poor man...this poor convicted first degree murderer who willfully beat to death an 19 month old who did not even belong to him. What if it had been another adult and a stranger? I am BETTING you that he would have let the verdict stand.

And this is where it begins. Just like it did for all the Anthony Sowells, Phil Garridos and Maurice Clemmons of the world. Obviously, going easy on violent criminals doesn't work out so good in the end. What an absolutely deformed justice system we have. Ridiculous!
JMO

That judge needs to be removed from the bench! What was he thinking? That sick piece of human waste needs to be removed from society forever!

I am so angry my blood pressure is going up. This so-called "judge" needs to be thrown off the bench and defrocked!

My opinion only and one I hope is shared by everyone who cares about justice for our children.

Why are children seen as nothing in our society? Over and over again we see the same thing... children abused, tortured, and killed while their killers get a slap on the wrist.

Why are children seen as nothing in our society? Over and over again we see the same thing... children abused, tortured, and killed while their killers get a slap on the wrist.

I am with you here-I am trying to get into this mindset of the judge..."well now, he (the perp) was a little heavy handed on the discipline...we all make mistakes....he isnt likely to slam a baby's head into a dresser again when he is angry...give the guy the benefit of the doubt."

IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Remorseful? Please!

If I killed my child, even accidentially...I would be unable to LIVE with myself. Hand him a rope and let's see just how remorseful he is!

The judge states ones of his reasons as "it was not done in anger or rage". So that means it was a cold and calculating murder. That's exactly the time person I want to walk the streets with. What is this judge thinking?

I am trying to figure out how a man that size accidentally slams a baby hard enough against his dresser to crush his skull. The jury must have believed it was an intentional act-the convicted him of first degree murder.

So he intentionally beat the child to death without anger or rage?????

<snip>

Tulsa - A Tulsa district judge is taking heat after slashing the sentence of a convicted child killer.

Larry Neeley was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of 19-month-old J.J. Hall. The jury recommended he serve 38 years in prison for the crime. But, judge William Kellough reduced that sentence Thursday to just 12 years.

For J.J.'s family members, the ruling was a slap in the face.

"Where's the justice in it," asks J.J.'s grandfather, Clifford Weber. "The court was wrong today."

District Attorney Tim Harris says he was just as stunned as family members.

"It is a huge mistake in my opinion, with all due respect to Judge Kellough," Harris told NewsChannel 8.

Why did the judge do it? His office says he has no comment at this time.

"There was nothing wrong with the evidence," Harris says. "There was no jury tampering, there was no legal basis upon which to abrogate the sentence of this jury other than the judge's personal opinion about what he heard."

more here

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1209/684260.html

Thanks, TM. Just you wait, they are going to find a tie between this defendant and this judge...JMO.

OMG,the little boys liver was lacerated and he died within minutes?!?! How in the world could that judge lower his sentence and even believe there was no "anger" when he slammed that poor baby like that. If this guy kills again,the judge should also be held accountable as well, in my opinion.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11609345

OMG,the little boys liver was lacerated and he died within minutes?!?! How in the world could that judge lower his sentence and even believe there was no "anger" when he slammed that poor baby like that. If this guy kills again,the judge should also be held accountable as well, in my opinion.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11609345

I thought I read that he had a fractured skull :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth