Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/search-on-for-missing-austin-mom

Search on for missing Austin mom
Family, friends appeal to public for help
Updated: Saturday, 03 Apr 2010, 7:33 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 03 Apr 2010, 6:38 PM CDT
Jacqueline Ingles

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The search is on for a missing Austin mother last seen on March 26th.

Dozens of family members and friends of Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, took to the streets outside Fairview Baptist Church Saturday to raise awareness about the missing Austin mother.

They passed out fliers, held posters plastered with her picture and sold barbecue to raise reward money.

pictures at link

One Month Later: Austin Mom Still Missing

Updated: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 9:32 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 5:47 PM CDT

AUSTIN, TX - It's been one month since an Austin mom has went missing, leaving behind her family, her 2-year-old daughter and a brand new car. Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen in an Austin Walgreen's almost a month ago and where she is today is still a mystery.

APD's Missing Persons Unit received this case one month ago when Julie Ann disappeared, but police say that they don't suspect anything suspicious. This is an answer that the Gonzalez's family members don't want to hear.
Family members also state that there's been no activity on Julie's credit cards or cell phone. Over the past four weeks, they've passed out fliers with Julie's picture, offered up a reward for information, even turned to a pyschic.

The family is hosting a benefit, selling bbq plates for donations at the Hamilton Market this Sunday. That's located on Hamilton Pool Road and RR 12.

The money raised will help pay for a private investigator. The family says the Police Department isn't helping in the fight to find Julie Ann Gonzalez.

more here - including video

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/042210-one-month-later:-austin-mom-still-missing

JVM will be covering this case tonight

Mike G. on HLN Prime News just called attention to Julie and confirmed that JVM will be covering her case tonight.

AUSTIN, TX - (AUSTIN)- Family members of 21-year-old Julie Ann Gonzalez print and post fliers, spreading the word in hopes that someone will have an idea of where the Austin mother could be.

"We've just been waiting around, hoping she'll contact one of us, stop by, hoping to hear something. And nothing," Dora Cooper, Julie's aunt, tells FOX 7.

Cooper says on Friday, Gonzalez went to her soon-to-be ex-husband's home to pick up their two-year-old daughter.

"We share. It is routine for her to come in the mornings to drop off, and come back the next day," George de la Cruz, Julie's husband, said.

But on a routine pickup Friday, de la Cruz noticed something different about his wife's demeanor. "She was kind of down, she was like not there, kind of like spaced out," de la Cruz describes.

Gonzalez ended up asked him to keep their daughter through the weekend. De la Cruz says he would've never thought she'd disappear. Days later, the car Gonzalez had just bought three weeks ago, sits in Walgreens parking lot.

"Yeah, I was the last person to see her, I understand I'm the suspect but like I said, I don't have nothing to be afraid of. I didn't do nothing," de la Cruz said.

APD's Missing Persons Unit has opened an investigation, but at this point they don't suspect foul play.

"That's just not her. Totally out of character for her."

Julie Gonzalez is described as a 21-year-old Hispanic woman, 5-feet-tall, 140-pounds, brown eyes and brownish-black hair. If you've seen her call police.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/032910-Family-Members-Worried-About-Missing-Austin-Mom

Just saw this on JVM, have we not heard about this? I looked for a thread and didn't see one.

Husband - George de la Cruz stating that Julie Ann Gonzalez asked him to watch the kids for a few days. Husband is cooperating with police.

Husband said that LE has talked to him, but (I think) he said they haven't taken his computer. That is strange.

Its been a month, Julie Ann didn't just walk....they need to check her Myspace friends!

Husband said she came to his house and she was acting funny. He said Julie ask to keep baby for the weekend and her mom says no way.

His my space page status update says staring all over again.

Found her car several days later at Walgreens.

LE not saying foul play..JVM says WHY?

It seems like it would be easy for LE to get an ip on those My Space messages. I can't understand them not taking his cell phone and computer for analysis. Maybe they are saying they don't think it's foul play so that he won't lawyer up or take off ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back