GUILTY VA - Vanessa Pham, 19, found murdered, Fairfax County, 27 June 2010

sophclown

Reaction score
The death of a 19-year-old woman found in a car in a ditch has been ruled a homicide.
The body of Vanessa Pham was found in a two-door Toyota in a ditch along the south side of Arlington Boulevard in Fairfax County, Va., Sunday afternoon, police said, but her injuries were not consistent with the crash.
Pham had suffered injuries to her upper body.
Anyone with information related to incident is asked to contact Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-8477

There was a negative comment on that above link about the family asking for money for Vanessa's funeral. Vanessa was raised by her mother and grandmother. It seems they worked very hard to give this young lady a good start in life.

"Pham's mother told 9NEWS NOW she had to take out a $40,000 loan so her daughter could attend the prestigious Savannah College of Art and Design. Now, her daughter's friends are trying to raise money to pay for her funeral."

There's also an address at that link where anyone can send donations.

Vanessa's boyfriend's comment broke my heart:

"She taught me what it feels like to be loved and to love someone in a way that I never felt before, and I know she hadn't either. And now she's teaching me to deal with something I never expected either," said Apsley.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=103053&catid=158

What an ignorant idiot who left that reply. My son attends SCAD and it's not cheap especially for a girl who was raised by her mother and grandmother trying to give her an opportunity that no one else in the family had. I did find it interesting that one comment said this:
>>This is the third young woman from this high school ( which my own children attended) in 4 years. One was Taylor Biehl, one was Maxine Turner who was murdered in the Virginia Tech Massacre, now Vanessa.<<

What an ignorant idiot who left that reply. My son attends SCAD and it's not cheap especially for a girl who was raised by her mother and grandmother trying to give her an opportunity that no one else in the family had. I did find it interesting that one comment said this:
>>This is the third young woman from this high school ( which my own children attended) in 4 years. One was Taylor Biehl, one was Maxine Turner who was murdered in the Virginia Tech Massacre, now Vanessa.<<

Yea, I think it's just a horrible coincidence. I know someone that lived in Suffolk VA that was also killed in the VA Tech massacre. So that makes four (that we know of).

Has anyone heard anything new about this case?

Is this close to where Morgan Harrington was murdered? I can't help but wonder if it's the suspect they suspect in her death?

No, it's not close. Of course the suspect could have moved.

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/0710/751911.html

VANESSA was in NAIL SALON JUST BEFORE CAR WAS FOUND
Detectives said Pham, 19, was in a nail salon in the Fairfax Plaza shopping center in the 2900 block of Gallows Road around 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 27.
The woman who worked on her nails said Pham didn't appear to be in distress at that time. She seemed normal, but didn't seem to want to talk, she said. They had no conversation and Pham was out of there in about 10 minutes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/28/AR2010062804452.html
She went to visit friends in Vienna about 2:30 p.m. Sunday, said her mother, Julie Pham. But her friends weren't home.

UPDATE: Murdered F.C. Woman Seen in Fairfax Plaza Moments Before Death

Updates on the Case:

11:10 p.m. Friday, July 2 – ABC 7 News reports the business Pham visited shortly before her murder was JD Nail Salon at 2978 Gallows Road in Falls Church.

11 p.m. Friday, July 2 – Pham's viewing will be held Tuesday, July 6 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at National Memorial Park King David Memorial Garden in Falls Church. Funeral services will take place Wednesday, July 7 at 10:30 a.m. at Vienna Presbytertian Church. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Vanessa Pham Memorial Fund.

4:43 p.m. Friday, July 2 – This map depicts the approximate 0.3-mile distance between the location where Pham was last seen alive "under no distress" (A: Fairfax Plaza in the 2900 block of Gallows Road in Falls Church) at 3 p.m. the day she was murdered and the site of the crash where police discovered her body around 3:30 p.m. (B: near the intersection of Williams Drive and Arlington Boulevard). What happened during the 30-minute time lapse between these two locations is still unknown, though Pham updated her Facebook status from a mobile device at 3:09 p.m.<<<<map at link>>>>

3 p.m. Friday, July 2 – Fairfax County spokesperson Don Gotthardt said he "understands there are homeless communities" around the site of the crash. "The homicide detectives working on the case are well aware and are looking into that," Gotthardt added.

2:30 p.m. Friday, July 2 – Fairfax County Police announced today that detectives determined Vanessa Pham visited a business in the Fairfax Plaza shopping center in the 2900 block of Gallows Road around 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 27. She did not appear to be in distress at that time. Also today, members of the Fairfax County Police Department’s Search and Rescue Team conducted an extensive search of the crash site and surrounding area. They were looking for any potential evidence related to this homicide. Police continue to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information that may lead to the identification and arrest of the suspect.

1:30 p.m. Friday, July 2 – Members of the Vanessa Pham Memorial Fund Facebook page reveal that Pham had changed her Facebook status from a mobile device the day she died around 20 minutes before she was found dead. At 3:09 p.m. on Sunday, June 27, Pham wrote "Call me Fran Drescher, I'm a nanny!"

1:28 p.m. Friday, July 2 – Vienna Inn restaurant announces it will donate 20% of its sales made on Monday, July 5 to the Vanessa Pham Memorial Fund.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.fcnp.com/news/6833-investigation-continues-in-sunday-murder-of-falls-church-woman.html

This is so sad and mysterious what could have happened in approximately a 20-minute time frame (between the Facebook update) and when her car was found, and less than a mile away. It does seem it could've been an attempted carjacking and she was able to drive off after being stabbed. I'm not getting a good idea though what is around the area to allow someone the opportunity to stab her in broad daylight and not be noticed. :(

:rose: for Vanessa

I'm wondering about the "I'm a nanny" comment and how it fits into all of this....it almost has to be related as it was posted within 20 minutes of her death? odd.

I'm wondering about the "I'm a nanny" comment and how it fits into all of this....it almost has to be related as it was posted within 20 minutes of her death? odd.
One article I read said she was looking for a summer job so it seems she had just gotten one, or planned to get one, as a nanny. I'm still not getting a picture in my head what could've happened, or where she was in that short time and distance between leaving the salon and when she was killed. I also wonder if she could've been parked somewhere, maybe texting, when she was attacked and tried to drive herself to the hospital. Another question is if her phone was found in the car. :waitasec:

Is this close to where Morgan Harrington was murdered? I can't help but wonder if it's the suspect they suspect in her death?

It's not close to where Morgan was murdered, but I think the rape they have associated with her death took place in Fairfax area in 2005.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back