AR AR - Jeffrey 'Lynn' Smith, 16, Hot Springs, 4 Dec 1985

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
jeffrey_lynn_smith_1.jpg
jeffrey_lynn_smith_2.jpg
jeffrey_lynn_smith_3.jpg
jeffrey_lynn_smith_4.jpg

Jeffrey, circa 1985; Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2007)

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Oct 12, 1969 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Dec 4, 1985 Race: Black
Age Now: 41 Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
Missing City: HOT SPRINGS Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing State : AR Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC665279

Circumstances: Lynn's ears are pierced. She has a mole on the right side of her chin. Lynn was last seen wearing pink pants, a brown jacket, and tan shoes. She also goes by the name Jeffrey Lynn Smith.

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 12, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reported by: KARK 4 News
Tuesday, December 07 2010

A search is underway in Hot Springs today for the remains of a teenaged girl reported missing way back in 1985. A team coordinated through the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children and the Morgan Nick Foundation will look in several wooded areas with cadaver dogs.

Jeffery Lynn Smith, 15, disappeared after walking home from school on December 4th, 1985. At the time of Smiths disappearance, authorities believed that she had run away from home. It was later determined by investigators that Smith had likely been abducted.
On December 7, 2010, detectives working with a search team coordinated through the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children and the Morgan Nick Foundation will be searching several wooded areas in the Hot Springs area with cadaver dogs.

more here <modsnip: broken link>

HOT SPRINGS, AR (AP) - Search teams with cadaver dogs have searched a heavily wooded area of east Hot Springs for signs of a teenage girl who disappeared 25 years ago.

Police would not say what - if anything - was found during Tuesday's search related to the disappearance of 16-year-old Jeffrey Lynn Smith.

more here <modsnip: broken link>

"Since reopening the search Tuesday, authorities have been focusing on three wooded areas in Hot Springs. Authorities are not saying what prompted the new searches, but they did say the areas they are examining are based on interviews they conducted with a potential suspect. Investigators have not said who that person is." <modsnip: broken link>

<modsnip: broken link>

Soon after Smith's disappearance, the family reported Smith's boyfriend pawned one of her most cherished gifts, a ring from her mother.

Also a connection to Pres. Bill Clinton, the whole 6 degrees thing, her mom worked for his mom. Jeffery Lynn Smith named after his step dad

These woods have been searched and remains have been found according to the doe network there are 2 sets of remains one says white female- no dna avail remains too old?
the other does not specify race and apparently they are not "testable" either! so sad i really believe one set might be her, and in this case I really believe the boyfriend was responsible.

Featured yesterday on NCMEC's FB page
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
From Jeffrey's sister:

“It’s been 33 years. It’s hard because I sometimes get these involuntary visual flashes of her in my mind. They are not images of how I know her but images of all she could have become. I see her in a white doctors’ coat. I see her in front of a classroom teaching. I see us handing out meals to the homeless together. I see our kids playing together at the playground. My heart takes joy in those images for the split seconds that they last and then my reality crashes back again.

I just want to say that I miss you today and every day. You will forever be a part of me. I will never give up hope of finding you.” Lisa, sister to Jeffrey Lynn Smith who has been missing since Dec. 4, 1985 in Hot Springs, #Arkansas. "

Snp'd by for copyright - for remaining content, please click on link.

has he been named publicly ? if so we need to check background this case is awful but wonder if he has had any other "GF " issues? you know they don't stop that kind of behavior...just sayin

She went missing on silver street in Hot Springs, AR.Doens't look like a whole lot is happening over there. Hot Springs got a population of 35.000. Think he boyfriend killed her. Feels like the police didn't care very much at the time, they investigated her as a runaway instead of focusing on her being a victim of a crime.

Google Maps

Langston was where my brother went to grade school, that area back there isn't too nice nowadays but Im not sure how it was back in the 80's. I definitely think it was her boyfriend... I mean he pawned her ring later???

Langston was where my brother went to grade school, that area back there isn't too nice nowadays but Im not sure how it was back in the 80's. I definitely think it was her boyfriend... I mean he pawned her ring later???
I agree and also I wonder if we could get any report or file , I really feel like they did close to nothing on this one !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back