North Carolina Hunter Protocols for skeleton remains for Hunters

Seifsister

Reaction score
The State of North Carolina Widlife just accepted a Hunter Protocol for Skeleton Remains found to their hunting course. This will reach 18,000 hunters a year. The Protocols were written by my Sheriff Department here in Davidson County NC and approved by Captain Chris Huebner with Wildlife association in North Carolina. This will make North Carolina the first state to require this training along with hunters course. I have Att: a copy of the protocol. Two more States are tiring to do the same thing. AZ and SC.

View attachment Hunter Protocol for Skeletal Discovery.doc

This is awesome news. Those of us who participate in Brittanee Drexel's thread have discussed contacting hunting clubs for this reason. IIRC, a fellow sleuth sent flyers of Brittanee to one club he contacted in SC so glad to hear that SC is considering this...

wm

Yes North Charleston asked for North Carolina Protocol's to try to get something done in South Carolina. Winston Salem Journal wrote a article in Sundays paper on the hunters protocols.

Baby steps, baby steps.

I am working with one of our NC State Reps now to try to change the laws on the missing. A few items to focus on is as following

60 days after a adult goes missing collection of family dna.
Red flag birth records of missing children.
Red flag school records of missing children.

Thanks for the info Siefsister. And thank you for being an advocate for the missing here in NC! (I am on the coast) I'll be happy to contact my state reps also in support if you can direct me to more info on these laws so that I can educate myself beforehand.

I could not open the file that is posted. Do you have a link to the WS journal story? If not, I can prolly find it.

I posted a link to this thread on Brittanee's thread. North Charleston County is one of 3 local LEA's investigating her case. SLED is also on the Britannee team. Kudos to them for being proactive!

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back