MD MD - Upper Marlboro, WhtFem 18-30, UP2260, bus ticket, deformed foot, tattoos, Sep'79

Richard

Reaction score
Unidentified White Female Located 30 Sept 1979 Upper Marlboro, MD

Unidentified White Female
Located on September 30, 1979 Upper Marlboro, Prince George's County, Maryland.
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
Cause of Death: Motor vehicle hit and run accident.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 173 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, 4 inches long; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Medium build. Old deformity in arch of left foot. 1 1/2 inch scar beneath right elbow.
Clothing: She was dressed in men's clothing and shoes. Burnt orange, zip up, terry cloth shirt, with brown stripes on shoulders and down front; white panties; white bra. Black or dark blue, knit, men’s pants, white socks and black, lace up, leather shoes.
Personal Effects: Trailways bus ticket issued in Miami, FL to Georgia in pocket.
Tattoos: Tattoos right arm in sequence from upper forearm: Love, 143, Rudy.
Tattoo a heart with CS on right forearm.
Tattoos left forearm F.A.L.;
Star on wrist.
Tattoo of heart with arrow on upper right leg.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available

Case History

The victim was located at I-95, North of Pennsylvania Avenue Exit, Northbound Lane/South of Maryland Route 4 in Upper Marlboro, MD.

(NOTE: The above description is not clear. I-95 is part of the Washington DC beltway at this point. Maryland Route 4 is also called Pennsylvania Ave. One cannot be both north and south of the road at the same time. Upper Marlboro, MD is several miles south of this intersection. The scene is actually much closer to Forestville, MD and not far from Andrews Air Force Base.)

She was seen hitchhiking prior to this.

Trailways bus ticket was found in her pants issued in Miami, Florida. The ticket seller remembered the victim.

She was possibly with an African-American male who caused trouble at the bus station and had to be removed by police.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Maryland State Police
410-290-1620

Agency Case #: 79-1738A

79-63U/119134

Source Information:
ID Wanted Organization
UDRS
The Doe Network: Case File 214UFMD

LINK:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/214ufmd.html

Another UID deceased by vehicle. This one should be good. I can't wait to get started!

Question: the artists reconstruction (that looks most realistic) -- is that done by editing PM photos of the decedent?

ETA: she looks WAY older than the age range they gave. I'd say late 30s early 40s.

Such a long shot: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1475/15 -- I see facial similarities, she could have dyed her hair, she's about 4 inches off the mark and several pounds lighter. BUT she does have blue eyes and ran away with her BF.

The middle girl, Eileen Hynson, is the closest match of the three, IMO.

Sorry for my highly unorganized blitz of possibilities here -_-;

I emailed the contact on NAMUS about Eileen

she might never have been reported missing.

no intent to offend anyone but I can think of various sociological issues with a woman in the late 70's with multiple tattoos and the company she was last seen with in Miami. I could envision her family wanting nothing to do with her.

you would think since the police had to remove the male from the bus station in Miami, they might just have gotten some names but I guess either that did not happen or no one bothered to ask for it if it was put in an incident report.

I was going to mention the thing with the tattoos. We take them so much for granted on both sexes these days, but a woman with ink like that would have been unusual to say the least.

She was 50 pounds lighter when she disappeared three years before the UID was found but Maria Florence Anjiras has the blue eyes and the brown hair and her height is within an inch. She would have been 18, at the lower end of the age range when Jane Doe died. If she got married and started using her middle name she could reasonably have used the initials FAL (one of the tattoos on the UID). Her circumstances suggest that she was alive for a while after the disappearance so the three years gap is not implausible.

The UID has fingerprints and dentals available, Maria has not. Maria has DNA available, the UID has not.

Facial resemblance is not amazing but it's a bit hard to tell because one would have to add 50 pounds to Maria's weight. Maria is not mentioned to have a foot deformity or any tattoos but she could have acquired tattoos while she was gone. Not sure if the deformity was congenital or if it could have been acquired. The distance is five to six hours but Jane Doe was on the move and apparently had been to Miami and Georgia at some point, so she was traveling and distance wouldn't be a problem. If Maria hung out with bikers she could have got far away and back in three years.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2560/0/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/anjiras_maria.html

She was 50 pounds lighter when she disappeared three years before the UID was found but Maria Florence Anjiras has the blue eyes and the brown hair and her height is within an inch. She would have been 18, at the lower end of the age range when Jane Doe died. If she got married and started using her middle name she could reasonably have used the initials FAL (one of the tattoos on the UID). Her circumstances suggest that she was alive for a while after the disappearance so the three years gap is not implausible.

The UID has fingerprints and dentals available, Maria has not. Maria has DNA available, the UID has not.

Facial resemblance is not amazing but it's a bit hard to tell because one would have to add 50 pounds to Maria's weight. Maria is not mentioned to have a foot deformity or any tattoos but she could have acquired tattoos while she was gone. Not sure if the deformity was congenital or if it could have been acquired. The distance is five to six hours but Jane Doe was on the move and apparently had been to Miami and Georgia at some point, so she was traveling and distance wouldn't be a problem. If Maria hung out with bikers she could have got far away and back in three years.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2560/0/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/anjiras_maria.html

I like everything about this but the resemblance. I don't see it. :/ Worth a submission anyway!

Hey just FYI there's a big height difference between NAMUS and the Charley Project. Namus says 55 inches (so, 4' 6") and CP says 5' 5"....

I like Maria as a possibility. All the basic facts and circumstances match, and the things that don't could easily have been acquired in three years of itinerant living, assuming that the arch deformity isn't congenital.

There's no reason to assume FAL is her initials; it could be a memorial for a friend who died, for instance, or a former boyfriend, or a group she identifies with, or an abbreviation of a slogan that has some meaning for her.

I thought at first the facial resemblance just didn't work, but now I'm not so sure. I took the picture of Maria from the newspaper article, which is the closest to face-on, and put it side by side with the sketch of the UID's face. I darkened the background in the sketch so all that glaring white didn't distract. Would three years of hard living age a person that much? I don't want to say it is her, but I wouldn't want to say it's not, either.

I say send it in.

Attachments

• Maria Anjiras, 1976 CT with 214ufmd 1979.png
    Maria Anjiras, 1976 CT with 214ufmd 1979.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 108
Hey just FYI there's a big height difference between NAMUS and the Charley Project. Namus says 55 inches (so, 4' 6") and CP says 5' 5"....

I suspect that the person who entered the info in NaMus didn't notice that they wanted inches, not feet and inches. Which happens a lot.

One of the reconstructions looks moon-faced to me and reminds me of someone I know who had to take Prednisolone in large doses. It gave her face the same round, puffy look in a matter of months.

Both reconstructions look a lot older than Maria to me. I guess it depends on how accurate they are.

I'll send an email to the detective on the missing person's side but the UID side only gives phone numbers and I can't call them. If someone wants to volunteer please do :) .

EDIT: I already got a reply email from the detective saying he will look int it. They'd need DNA from the UID side. He says the family thinks Maria's height may be an underestimate and she might have been 5 ft 8 or so since other family members are on the taller side.

She was 14 when she disappeared so she might still have grown some.

One of the reconstructions looks moon-faced to me and reminds me of someone I know who had to take Prednisolone in large doses. It gave her face the same round, puffy look in a matter of months.

Both reconstructions look a lot older than Maria to me. I guess it depends on how accurate they are.

I'll send an email to the detective on the missing person's side but the UID side only gives phone numbers and I can't call them. If someone wants to volunteer please do :) .

I agree Maria doesn't look old enough, but the description says she's within the range. Three years on the road with a possibly violent boyfriend will age a person a lot. And if she's ill or something -- what does one take Prednisolone for? Respiratory problems?

I agree Maria doesn't look old enough, but the description says she's within the range. Three years on the road with a possibly violent boyfriend will age a person a lot. And if she's ill or something -- what does one take Prednisolone for? Respiratory problems?

It's a corticosteroid drug and it's used to treat a number of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Prednisolone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jan Cotta who went missing from New Jersey in 1973 is the right size and coloring, and would have been 25 when this woman was killed. She's the only woman in doenet described as having a crippled left foot. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1654dfnj.html. But Jan had a broken wrist and a mole on her face, neither of which is mentioned for the UID. She was also probably pregnant when she left, and there's no indication this UID had ever carried a child.

So I think that's a no-go despite the foot.

It says Jan Cotta had no dental work and her teeth were in poor condition. Jane Doe has 11 teeth marked as F for fillings, inlay or veneer so Jan would have had to get all that dental work done after disappearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back