Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

<modsnip> The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Please continue here.

And many prayers that this child comes home TODAY!

Salem

Regarding the custody discussion towards the end of the last thread, even *if* Dylan told the judge that he didn't want to spend time at dad's, he really wasn't spending much time there anyway. Labor Day, Thanksgiving week. Once every couple of months.

The judge may well have taken into account Dylan's input given his age, but Dad still had a right to see his son. Unless there were clear serious problems MR was likely to have those visitation rights with Dylan. Although ER and Dylan were now living several hours away, I'd think if Dylan wanted to see MR more often and MR wanted to see Dylan (and MR's work and whatever else permitted it) they could have had more frequent visitations, like every other weekend or once a month. I understand financial restrictions and who knows what else can be tricky.... but I do think it's somewhat significant how infrequent Dylan's visits to MR were. Of course there are more unknowns so all jmo on this.

What is Dylan's date of birth. I cannot locate it.
Does anyone know?

i don't know how to bring a post over. grrr. ICU, i thanked you before we moved...and i don't disagree with you. but i cannot see elaine buying her son a one way ticket nor her agreeing to let mark buy him a one way ticket unless their thanksgiving plans to drive to castle rock were set in stone...kwim?

the answer to 'who paid for his ticket and was it round-trip' will hardly solve this case, i realize that. but i'd like the answer anyway. wink.

There is a lot of talk about whether or not a judge would order a child at 13 yo to go to visit the NCP if the child didn't want to or if the CP thought it was dangerous.

I was personally in this situation, my children were ordered to visit their parent and absolutely did NOT want to. The NCP made it more difficult by changing the flight to an extended time period and completely different dates. My attorney got an emergency hearing (so emergency it was conducted over the phone) the judge simply said that if I did not comply I would go to jail, period, end of discussion.

He based his decission on what he felt was best for the children (time with the other parent) and discounted the games played by the NCP even before the children left as a sign of non-compliance and contempt.

She had no choice.

To address what I was saying on the end of the last thread. I agree that we should weed out those abusive parents, but I also know the laws for alot of this is little to none, or don't work(from my experience). What I was trying to say is that each state has what they consider to be standard child custody arrangements being set times and costs, and if they address cost(and it is split half way)then the law should be specific in making sure that the parent receiving the child(in the case like DR would of been MR paying for him to fly to his home)pays for the trip to see them.
I don't think MR did anything to DR, just to be clear, I just think because there is a consideration of it happening, this kind of law would make it less likely to happen.

I for one would have NEVER allowed my daughter to go visit her father if she did not want to. Thats just me. I am very Lucky that my daughter's father did not have an interest in continuing a relationship with his daughter. The day I kicked him out is the last day he saw her, she was 4. She'll be 28 sooner then she'd prefer and is very well adjusted I may add. I can not imagine that Dylan was not aware of the battle that was going on that involved him.

I wonder what MR planned to do to his son for choosing to live with his mother and brother rather than him?

How did MR plan to toughen up his teenage son who chose to live with his mommy rather than him?

Thirteen is when a boy needs to start learning what it means to be a man so I wonder if this is what MR intended to do with Dylan when he arrived to spend an entire week with him?

Dylan&#8217;s phone was immediately turned off after Dylan notified his mom and friend because his father interferred and had other plans for him imo.

Cory viciously beat his father who claims he was unconscious and not aware what happened. The family history shows the men settled their arguments by exercising extreme violence and humiliating each other so it makes sense that MR would need to teach Dylan how to fight but not necessarily in self defence.

Apparently MR was drunk and unable to defend himself when his son picked a fight with him so it wasn't a fair fight to begin with.

Cory took responsibility and admitted he beat his father and there may not have been any eye witnesses who saw them fighting.

I&#8217;m withholding my compassion for MR until _____________________.

After Elaine received a text from MR telling her Dylan was gone, she should have questioned him. She needed to know what he had done or what happened so she knows what to do next, and she didn&#8217;t, so now it is up to LE to conduct an interrogation imo.

I have a work mate who is currently fostering a couple of kids due to a Cousins "habit". They have Supervised vistitation with their Dad. She takes them to these visits at a Facitlity and I dont even like hearing what is observed during these Supervised visits. It's just horrific to hear of Children caught in these situations. Judge decides it and it must be upheld :furious: I wish i had an answer. And the answer to where Dylan is. What happened and who did it :please:

i don't know how to bring a post over. grrr. ICU, i thanked you before we moved...and i don't disagree with you. but i cannot see elaine buying her son a one way ticket nor her agreeing to let mark buy him a one way ticket unless their thanksgiving plans to drive to castle rock were set in stone...kwim?

the answer to 'who paid for his ticket and was it round-trip' will hardly solve this case, i realize that. but i'd like the answer anyway. wink.

I don't know how to either LOL
I just think ER doesn't have a choice how MR makes arrangements to get DR to her home, or if there was only the one way ticket, as long as DR made it to moms home on the day DR was scheduled to arrive..I say this because I have dealt with Child custody and see that it doesn't matter what I say when it comes to travel as long as they are where they should be at the time stated. As for set in stone arrangements for Thanksgiving, it wouldn't matter, MR probably wasn't planning to stay home for Thanksgiving even if it wasn't set in stone...so who knows what his plans were. I just think it helps answer some of the unanswered questions.:fence:

I wonder what MR planned to do to his son for choosing to live with his mother and brother rather than him?

How did MR plan to toughen up his teenage son who chose to live with his mommy rather than him?

Thirteen is when a boy needs to start learning what it means to be a man so I wonder if this is what MR intended to do with Dylan when he arrived to spend an entire week with him?

Dylan’s phone was immediately turned off after Dylan notified his mom and friend because his father's plans imo.

Cory viciously beat his father unconsciousness, so in this family, their history shows the men settled their arguments by exercising extreme violence and humiliating each other so it makes sense that MR would need to teach Dylan how to fight but not necessarily in self defence.

Apparently MR was drunk and unable to defend himself when his younger son picked a fight with him so it wasn't a fair fight to begin with.

Cory took responsibility and admitted he beat his father and there may not have been any eye witnesses who saw them fighting.

I’m withholding my compassion for MR until _____________________.

After Elaine received a text from MR telling her Dylan was gone, she should have questioned him. She needed to know what he had done or what happened so she knows what to do next, and she didn’t, so now it is up to LE to conduct an interrogation imo.

It was reported by Elaine that she and Cory texted Dad. Dad did not return the text. To either one.

To address what I was saying on the end of the last thread. I agree that we should weed out those abusive parents, but I also know the laws for alot of this is little to none, or don't work(from my experience). What I was trying to say is that each state has what they consider to be standard child custody arrangements being set times and costs, and if they address cost(and it is split half way)then the law should be specific in making sure that the parent receiving the child(in the case like DR would of been MR paying for him to fly to his home)pays for the trip to see them.
I don't think MR did anything to DR, just to be clear, I just think because there is a consideration of it happening, this kind of law would make it less likely to happen.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If the cost is split halfway I don't see how it would make much of a difference financially or in the probability of the parent choosing to see their children whether they pay for the flight there or for the return flight or every other trip or split the cost of each ticket halfway.

I feel like I can breathe now being able to get some stuff off my chest.

I was with my ex husband for 18 years, from the time I was 13 until I was 31.
I have only been divorced for 1 year, and he was abusive. Not from day one since only 13 but started around 16 and progressed. We did counsling, he took anger managment classes the whole 9 yards.
Now I know all cases are different but from MR's history I don't believe he ever changed and in my heart think it most likely takes very little to set him off. And since it seems Dylan was not to fond of him and since has gotten older, I feel he stood up to his dad, a man to me JMO would not be disrespect by a young boy , whom again JMO saw him as just that a young punk boy, not his young son.

ALL JMO but dad is involved in MOO.

Is it true that Elaine could not get hold of MR after she was told he was missing ??

It was reported by Elaine that she and Cory texted Dad. Dad did not return the text. To either one.

I'm not sure I would return the texts of someone who beat me unconscious either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth