Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
22481101_BG7.jpg

22481101_BG3.jpg

http://www.kltv.com/story/22481101/child-missing-in-east-toledo
Sunday afternoon, her dad Terry came to the home of his estranged wife Angela in East Toledo to pick up Elaina for a routine visit.
He says the couple is now in the middle of a bitter divorce battle and Angela wants custody of the girl.
"Her mother refused to give her to me. She went in the house. Was in there 15-20 minutes, came out saying that the baby was missing," said Mr. Steinfurth.
Angela Steinfurth told Toledo News Now she believes Elaina was kidnapped.
"Her boyfriend disappeared out the back door during this time. I don't know if he took her or where she's at right now," said Mr. Steinfurth.
The boyfriend refused to talk to Toledo News Now.

Elaina's NCMEC listing
http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

NCMC1217120c1.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2

Media and Map Links

You can link to Facebook as long as it has to do with Elaina missing. You can not discuss what is posted on any facebook page, it is all considered rumor here and not allowed.

We are allowing some speculation on the mother and boyfriend. No one has been named a suspect or person of interest so until this happens we will not be sleuthing the mom, dad, or boyfriend here. You may discuss what is known through main stream media, law enforcement and our verified insider. Bashing, name calling, or name variations are not allowed, this includes the Mom.

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Fred LeFebvre ‏@fredlefebvre 29m
Nancy Grace tonight at 8p, and a tentative booking for tomorrow. On the Headline News network, Ch. 41 on Buckeye.

Nancy Grace discusses missing kids on ‘New Day’

Appearing Monday on CNN’s new morning show, “New Day,” HLN’s Nancy Grace discussed the latest developments in the cases of two missing young children, one in Ohio and the other in upstate New York.

It has now been more than two weeks since 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was reported missing in Toledo, Ohio. Her mother Angela Steinfurth was arrested last week on a child endangerment charge for failing to seek medical care for her after an injury, but police have not revealed what they believe happened to the girl.

Volunteers participated in a weekend search for Elaina along the Maumee River, and they planned to continue search efforts Monday. Authorities are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Elaina’s location.

Grace said last Wednesday’s arrest of Angela Steinfurth could be the key to solving the case.

“The most important thing,” Grace said, “the mom is behind bars on this technical charge. She’s going to crack and then we’re going to hear the truth.”

While Elaina’s father and his family have been very active in searching for the child, Grace noted that Angela’s ex-boyfriend—whose house she was staying at when Elaina allegedly went missing—is not speaking publicly.

“Where’s the boyfriend?” Grace asked. “Why isn’t he front and center begging for help?”

The ex-boyfriend's mother told HLN last week that he has cooperated fully with investigators and has passed a polygraph test. His father said Thursday that he does not know where Elaina is and he is cooperating with police “110 percent.”

HLN is attempting to get a comment from the ex-boyfriend on the case.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/0...ameling?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks.

I think it is important to remember WHO is saying this.

This is not the police saying they found a diaper.

This is the step-father repeating the words of his step-daughter who is now in jail for not protecting her daughter or seeking medical treatment for her.

I'm not as hung up on finding a diaper but WHERE MOM chose to look.

We were all baffled that she chose to search under a bridge/near the river. Speaks volumes, IMO.

Thanks.

I think it is important to remember WHO is saying this.

This is not the police saying they found a diaper.

This is the step-father repeating the words of his step-daughter who is now in jail for not protecting her daughter or seeking medical treatment for her.

I'm not as hung up on finding a diaper but WHERE MOM chose to look.

Thread 1 has the news articles and pictures of where Angela said she found the diaper, and the police search of that area.

I remember one report that the area had already been searched, and then Angela went in there (between some trees or bushes - there's a picture of it), and voila! she finds the diaper. All in thread 1.

Thread 1 has the news articles and pictures of where Angela said she found the diaper, and the police search of that area.

I remember one report that the area had already been searched, and then Angela went in there (between some trees or bushes - there's a picture of it), and voila! she finds the diaper. All in thread 1.

And she just so happened to be searching by herself and came running out of the bushes with a diaper. :scared:

Is it possible that when SK was throwing up on a neighbor's porch, it wasn't due to heroin withdrawals, but rather because of something he had done to Elaina (or witnessed)?

Yep you got it....

Just catching up on this case - do we know if she actually found the diaper, or did she bring the diaper and pretend to find it to throw off the search?

Thank you to everyone who is posting - I have been following this case from the beginning and am livid that this baby is still missing. I have an 18 month old and a 2 and a half year old and my heart is just breaking. I'll keep praying!

We had a family friend whose preteen daughter died in a horrible car crash. Her daughter died MOMENTS before she arrived at the hospital.

She was at our house the next day and was pretty much like an empty shell. No tears, no emotions, no nothing. She was heavily medicated (by an MD). She loved her daughter with all her heart but between the meds and denial she truly was just a shell of a woman for many weeks afterwards.

I try not to judge, however LE has now arrested AS for not seeking medical attention for her 1 year old seriously injured daughter.

There are no "passes" for THAT in my book!

I have a friend that was the same way after suddenly losing a parent. I do not see as Angela as emotionless or empty though. She showed multiple flashes of anger in the vigil video and let's not forget the episode of narcissistic "support and comfort" me whining plus the tears for herself in the courtroom. She doesn't show much emotion in regards to her precious child but she isn't a shell, IMO she is just shallow, self absorbed and disconnected from her children.

Is it possible that when SK was throwing up on a neighbor's porch, it wasn't due to heroin withdrawals, but rather because of something he had done to Elaina (or witnessed)?

More than possible, i have it about 99%

Just catching up on this case - do we know if she actually found the diaper, or did she bring the diaper and pretend to find it to throw off the search?

Thank you to everyone who is posting - I have been following this case from the beginning and am livid that this baby is still missing. I have an 18 month old and a 2 and a half year old and my heart is just breaking. I'll keep praying!

no don't know for sure. Just that she was searching by herself and all of sudden she has this diaper that just happens to be the same brand and size as Elaina's.

Baby girl where are you? You need to be home with your daddy and big sissy.

I have a strong feeling that whereever mom placed the diaper will not be anywhere near where they find this baby, sadly. Imo

I'm pretty disgusted! Apparently there are babies under two at risk with their parents. How many now have we seen like this? The babies are easy to dispose of and difficult to find.

99% of the time the baby is not kidnapped. LE knows that..however with these perps, many of them hide behind an attorney who protects them from LE. If LE were able to interrogate them, it may be different. Our justice system doesn't allow that much anymore. Many of these parents who harm (or know who harmed) these precious babies are not getting prosecuted.

I'm convinced babies are not very important in this social system anymore....and the younger the victim, the easier our system is on the parent.

Well it appears the situation is that Elaina spent the night, on the floor, next to her 4yr old sister. At least that is what her big sister has said from what I understand. I have read nothing to indicate where their mother was sleeping that night. Or where in the house on the floor this was. Living room area? Bedroom area? Does SK have his own bedroom in the house and he and AS were sleeping together on the bed in the room while they put the children on the floor? Did an 18 month old toddler not get up and wander at any point during the night? It doesn't sound like she was confined in any type of travel crib. Or maybe she was? When did this supposed "dropping" happen? Saturday night? Sunday morning? Lots of questions regarding who was where that evening.

Now if the child was injured during the evening on Saturday, and she had a head injury, what are the chances that they did at least the bare minimum to care for her which would be to wake her up every couple of hours? I guess the biggest question I have is did she ever wake up on Sunday? Most toddlers of that age can sleep through the night if they are in a quiet space but would they be back to sleeping or having a nap at noon the next day? Or was she "still sleeping" when TS came to pick the children up. Did AS just assume she was still sleeping whenever she got up and then when she went to get her she realized that she was deceased? And a quick run out the back door ensued while they were stalling TS and his father?

Or.....No one other than AS claims to have seen Elaina on Sunday is that correct? How does anyone in that house even know if she was there at noon-ish when TS came to pick the children up? Since the fingers are being pointed at SK by AS and LE haven't arrested him for anything, including child endangerment, what is their working theory? That AS alone is responsible for whatever happened to Elaina and where she is now?

MOO

ETA: So if SK was involved with getting Elaina out of the house, and she had been deceased for some time, is this what made him ill once the adrenaline of hiding or moving the body had worn off? Or was she still alive but seriously injured and he knew that whatever he or someone else did to "hide" her was going to result in her demise? Perhaps that thought made him ill considering he is a parent himself.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 32m
@jeffgoldesq: @NancyGraceHLN @jeffgoldesq tonight #AngelaSteinfurth mom, #ElainaSteinfurth 18 mo vanished, police seize family members van

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 33m
@NancyGraceHLN @jeffgoldesq tonight #AngelaSteinfurth mom, #ElainaSteinfurth 18 mo vanished, mom says diaper found by river, divers find zip

Fred LeFebvre ‏@fredlefebvre 4m
Taping Nancy Grace , airs at 8p on HLN http://www.wspd.com

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 5m
Riveting @NancyGraceHLN tonight on #BabyElaina case. Mom Angela's dad dimes her out and baby's dad also on air.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 6m
@jeffgoldesq on @NancyGraceHLN tonight #AngelaSteinfurth mom, #BabyElaina mystery? or horribly usual boyfriend hurts baby mom covers it up

Eris Huemer ‏@doctoreris 21m
Be sure to tune in to @NancyGraceHLN tonight where we will be discussing missing baby Elaina

Heads up: Jane Velez-Mitchell on HLN is doing Elaina's story right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer