Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
daniels_monique.jpg

Monique Christine Daniels

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: June 2, 1992

Missing From: Moore, Oklahoma

Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 125 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

At the time of her disappearance, Monique occasionally wore blue wire-framed glasses.

Monique was last seen in Moore, Oklahoma on June 2, 1992. She may have been seen loading clothes into a blue Chevy pickup driven by an unidentified Caucasian male.

Monique's parent's didn't report her missing, because they believed she had run away from home. Other relatives reported her missing 18 months later, in January 1994. Monique's parents said they had received two letters and a phone call from her, but her younger sister said her step father made her write the letters, and the phone call was also a hoax. Monique's sister ran away to live with an aunt in Michigan in 1994, at which time Monique was reported missing.

There have been rumors of foul play, but no arrests have been made and Monique's case remains unsolved.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Thank you to vermontaigne for the blog link on Monique!

Monique Daniels Was Reported Missing 20 Years Ago This Month

Twenty years ago this month, Oklahoma teenager Monique Daniels was reported missing. About a year ago, someone who knew Monique wrote to me about her disappearance. A few months later I wrote this commentary for KOSU Radio, the text of which I’m publishing for the first time today on this blog.

http://www.jenx67.com/2014/01/monique-daniels-reported-missing-20-years-ago-month.html

"The unsolved disappearance of Monique Daniels"

http://kfor.com/2015/07/03/the-unsolved-disappearance-of-monique-daniels-2/

“My step-dad picked us up from the church and said Monique was gone,” Angelique said.

Her step-father told her Monique ran away, but neither the step-father, nor Monique’s mother, reported the disappearance, initially.

Months went by, then a year. Extended family members began to question why police weren’t more involved.

Police say it was more than a year after Monique disappeared when her parents finally called them.

Thank you for caring. I pray for justice everyday. I used to pray for the truth. May 2013 I got the truth when my brothers who were home at the time revealed the secret they have been hiding. Now that I know she is no longer with us, I am trying to find her remains. I am in this alone, most of my family want to move on or feel that nothing will ever come of it anyway. I won't stop seeking justice for her. It brings me comfort in knowing others care too. This week a celebrity announced her 17 year old was missing. The story was shared thousands of times and got airtime on national t.v. Because Monique was just a girl from Oklahoma, it seems no on cares. Her story doesn't get shared across the country, media is not seeking the answers either.. I have reached out to many news channels and t.v. shows too. I guess if you are famous and missing people care. So discouraged.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looking for Monique - I am so very sorry for your sister's disappearance. Are you able to say what you learned in May 2013 from your brothers? If she is in fact no longer here do you know what state or county the person who harmed her might have taken her?

I do not know her exact location but I do not believe she is far from Moore. I can share that they told me they saw her dead in the house. They were 11 and 9. There was severe abuse in our home of all kinds. My step father is who they said is responsible. My parents are culpable and should pay for their crimes. I am not sure it will ever happen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Very sad case - she was a beautiful girl. Unfortunately, if the stepfather is responsible for her disappearance/presumed death (and it would appear that he is), he likely covered all his bases and made sure that she would never be found. Hopefully Monique's sister (username looking for monique here on WS) can update with more information as she receives it. I'm hoping for a resolution soon. [emoji173]

Very interesting about the step-father. Apparently, his wife and two of his children were not home at the time that she "left." They had been on a trip with their church choir. It wasn't until they returned that the step-father told Monique's mother that she had taken off.

Crime Watch Daily from May 2016.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/05/09/oklahoma-teen-with-dreams-of-being-a-doctor-disappears/

"Just a few weeks before Monique's 16th birthday, Angelique, her oldest brother Brian, and her mom got an opportunity to tour with their church choir for a week. After the trip, the three returned home to Moore, Oklahoma, back to where nothing would ever be the same.

My stepdad said 'She's gone again,' said Angelique. And my mom goes 'Really?'
Something was off. Something was wrong. The house was in a disarray, said Angelique."

I meant to include this in my previous post:

I do not know her exact location but I do not believe she is far from Moore. I can share that they told me they saw her dead in the house. They were 11 and 9. There was severe abuse in our home of all kinds. My step father is who they said is responsible. My parents are culpable and should pay for their crimes. I am not sure it will ever happen.

Very interesting about the step-father. Apparently, his wife and two of the children were not home at the time that she "left." They had been on a trip with their church choir. It wasn't until they returned that the step-father told Monique's mother that she had taken off.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/05/09/oklahoma-teen-with-dreams-of-being-a-doctor-disappears/

"Just a few weeks before Monique's 16th birthday, Angelique, her oldest brother Brian, and her mom got an opportunity to tour with their church choir for a week. After the trip, the three returned home to Moore, Oklahoma, back to where nothing would ever be the same. "My stepdad said 'She's gone again,'" said Angelique. "And my mom goes 'Really?' "Something was off. Something was wrong. The house was in a disarray," said Angelique.

I wonder what made the brothers sure that Monique was dead, not simply unconscious? Were they in the room at the time or just let in to peek? 9 and 11 would mean that one of the twins was not present or would not comment on what he witnessed. How frightening for such a young age! My thinking is that no one is going to find the body. Who knows what sort of solvent or chemical was in the barrel, or if that whole thing was part of a ruse. I am aware that they searched the property, going so far as digging up the patio. I don't know if cadaver dogs were used. My best guess is that the case will come down to a confession or someone breaking ranks to report what happened. It makes no sense that a runaway of 15, almost 16, never contacts her siblings again. That's a rough time, but she seemed like a person that would not let a horrific childhood define her. That is not who that young woman was. She would have turned up, made some peace and reconnected with those who loved her back.

Per The Charley Project: "Chuck reportedly said the house was "so much better" and "tranquil" in the aftermath of Monique's disappearance. Angelique stated her mother and stepfather seemed to "erase" Monique from the home; for example, they prohibited their children from talking about their missing sister, and had new family portraits taken to replace the displayed ones that had Monique in them."

Sadly, seems quite apparent that no stranger took Monique, nor did she run away...

Did they ever publicly say who the father of the child Monique aborted was? I'm sure they would say it was some boyfriend, but IMO that's not likely, given all the info in her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back