DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollye

Reaction score
Relisha Tenau Rudd Reported Missing From SE D.C.

Relisha Tenau Rudd was last seen in the 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue SE. She is likely with someone known to the family and has not been returned to her mother.
Relisha is 4 feet tall and weighs 70 to 80 pounds. She has black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion. Police say she may be in need of medication.

She may be traveling in one of the two vehicles, Both of which belong to the family. Authorities are not calling this an abduction.

AJrJDyn.jpg

One is a burgundy Chevy Trail Blazer SUV with a Redskins sticker in the back window and DC tags KAHLIL". The other is a black Honda Accord sedan with DC tags "EN 2051".

A command center has been set up at the old DC General Hospital at off of Massachusetts Avenue SE.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html#

And NBC 4 morning news.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department's TEXT TIP LINE to 50411.The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the location and return of Relisha Rudd. If you see Relisha Rudd, call 911 immediately. You can also contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

timeline and media thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

carrying over

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 2h
BREAKING #RelishaRudd: Police say they identified mystery man from surveillance video. Say he is cooperating. @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/ZYD2HX3QQG

wusa9 ‏@wusa9 2h
We will have a 1/2 hour special about #RelishaRudd Wednesday night at 7 p.m. What are your questions about the case? We may put them on TV.

I am unsure how to quote from another thread... this was from PrivateEye006...

Hello,
The additional parks that were being searched and/or I heard of being searched were Anacostia Park - runs along/beside Pennsylvania Ave, Benning Rd/Nannie Helen Burroughs - throughout general area. They also went into Ft Dupont Park. The park that was mentioned earlier that borders DC/VA - By Reagan Natl airport is Haines Pt. I also saw search helicopters outside of my office - that runs along the Potomac and sits right in on a point where DC, MD and VA meet. I can see both DC and MD from my window, including the bridge going into MD - two exits from the bridge is where the red roof in is.
If that helps anyone get a better idea of the search locations.

Additionally, if I understood the question earlier - the closest metros to the above referenced locations are as follows:

Haines Pt - Pentagon or Crystal City station
Woodrow Wilson Bridge - Eisenhower Ave station (King and Braddock Rd are close too - but Eisenhower is right off 495 and easily accessible)
Benning Rd and Eastern Ave - closest to the park

But none of these are close to the main areas. Im not sure which metro is closest to the hotels.

I would like to bring over the Google Maps DC Metro Stations link for anyone interested.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=208773163856015861310.00000112fd4dab7c63800

Sad to see another thread for Relisha, was hoping to see the found alive added.

I see the police have id the CCTV guy, but no news on Relisha?

I'm praying this doesn't turn cold. Was good to see the rally organised for Relisha, and I seen some family were there, not SY though.
I'm sure she must be hiding away somewhere, for her own safety, wonder what locals are thinking?

And another thought, in the past when Tatum was caught, knew the chance of getting prison time, he didn't kill himself. So whatever he did this time, he knew he would never see the outside those bars. Wonder what the punishment for abduction is? For trafficking? Of course we know he killed his wife, BUT, before he did that, which again makes no sense if you're going to kill yourself anyway, BUT, before committing the murder of his wife, he was going to work, and apparently wasn't afraid of getting caught for anything. I don't know what his plan of course. Yet I'm wondering why his actions. They really don't add up. So theory... he never expected Relisha to be reported as missing. We know that in early March he spoke with the school when the school was concerned about her missing so much school. He gave them a bogus story about her being treated. He must have thought that was enough to keep the questions from coming. Wonder what Relisha's family was doing during this time? Were they asking about Relisha? Were they concerned she wasn't going to school? Then the heat was on. On March 19th, more questions, and this time wanting to meet with Tatum. I would imagine a flurry of phone calls at this point from family to Tatum. He couldn't produce Relisha for whatever reason. So he flees the shelter. The meeting at the hotel, again, reason unknown. But, Tatum didn't kill the others that were at the hotel. He killed his wife. WHY? Was his plan to flee the area? Andrea knew too much?? Even if she did know something, I don't see the purpose in killing her. Maybe it wasn't until after he killed her that he decided on suicide? I don't know. I can't figure out what his plan was! Why kill Andrea, and not leave the hotel in your vehicle, hop on the Metro, or whatever he did after that point, and leave the area? Why was it important that Andrea be killed? Even if left alive, if he was fleeing the area, doubtful it would have made a difference. If he was going to commit suicide, why not right there in the hotel room after he murdered Andrea? What happened after he left the hotel room that made him eventually end up a the park dead?

I can understand it to a point. When he took Relisha he didn't expect problems. I mean if the mom isn't going to complain, who will even notice the child is missing. So no problems. School noticed, but he had mom's cooperation as well as gm's. But he and wifey are having marital issues. A time when there are bad feelings and often threats get made. With school putting on pressure, she will be listened to. I think here an argument went too far.

Now he is on the run. At least I think that may have been the plan. But he would need cash and a destination. But with all the heat I think maybe he may have lost some support from key people. Search for Relisha is ramping up. LE wants him for his wife's death. His face is becoming known. His escape window is closing. His previous felonies kept him in prison for years. This time he would never get out. And his name is connected to a child. I think the pressures got too much.

As we continue this journey together, may thread #5 be the one that brings us the news that Relisha Tenau Rudd has been found safely.

:praying:

Thank you all for your continued hard work, for refusing to allow this case to go cold, for showing the world just how much this precious child matters to each and every one of us here at Websleuths and beyond.

Her plight began, hidden in the depths and shadows of an uncaring world that many of us here are all to familiar with, as we sleuth heartbreaking case after case. Yet, something about this case is different, intangible, and it is the driving force behind our refusal to let go until we have answers.

May Relisha know, now and always, that she (and her siblings) matter.

We will see this through, be her voice, and pursue justice.

#FindRelisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrying over

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 2h
BREAKING #RelishaRudd: Police say they identified mystery man from surveillance video. Say he is cooperating. @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/ZYD2HX3QQG

wusa9 ‏@wusa9 2h
We will have a 1/2 hour special about #RelishaRudd Wednesday night at 7 p.m. What are your questions about the case? We may put them on TV.

My question is W T F ? !!!! Five threads is unnecessary. If anyone had bothered to give a crap where an 8 yr old BABY was for weeks at a time, then she would not be 'missing ' today. The fact that the LE got involved after so many days to possibly weeks after she was last with her family is why she is not found today. Sorry , mom , granny, whoever you all are....... there is no excuse for not seeing a family member for weeks and not reporting it. The entire family may not be negligent but if you want to say there was one really negligent family member and the other family members did not at least keep limited tabs on where all of the kids were for days at a time, then you're all negligent. Shame on you !!!!!!!!
Sorry to start every new thread with some kind of rant , but this is the lowest of the low... flashing dollar bills and new shoes while a BABY is missing....... May God have mercy on your souls. And may the district of columbia NOT have mercy on you !
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

DC Police Department ‏@DCPoliceDept 11m
The male identified in the video released last week has cooperated with the investigation of missing person 8-year-old Relisha Rudd.

DC Police Department ‏@DCPoliceDept 11m
The male identified in the video released last week has cooperated with the investigation of missing person 8-year-old Relisha Rudd.

Yay! Let's hope this guy has some useful information. :please:

Yay! Let's hope this guy has some useful information. :please:

He didn't in relation to finding Relisha.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3h
#BREAKING @DCPoliceDept id's and interviews man in video, but says it's no closer to finding #RelishaRudd @wusa9

FBI Washington Field ‏@FBIWFO 1h
Metropolitan Police Department Identifies Individual in Video Regarding Missing 8-Year-Old Relisha Rudd: — ... http://1.usa.gov/PU78gg

I don't know why the FBI took that release down. hmm Only thing visible via search on their sight is this:

. However, the Metropolitan Police Department still has not learned any new
information as to the whereabouts of Relisha Rudd who was last ...

He didn't in relation to finding Relisha.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3h
#BREAKING @DCPoliceDept id's and interviews man in video, but says it's no closer to finding #RelishaRudd @wusa9

:(

Well, I hope at the very least, LE were able to get some answers to their questions.

pulling up my chair

Okay so the guy in the video was simply the guy who gave KT a ride to the metro station?

Not sure if true but someone on twitter saying Grandma will be on HLN@7pm. est. Must be Jane Valez Mitchell show.

Russ Ptacek, WUSA9 ‏@RussPtacek 1m

#RelishaRudd special airing 7:00 Wednesday night on @wusa9. Let me know your questions. We're searching for answers

Jane Velez-Mitchell ‏@jvelezmitchell 3h

Cops say they're looking for a man who they believe has information about missing 8-year-old Relisha Rudd. Her grandmother joins us at 7pm

Okay so the guy in the video was simply the guy who gave KT a ride to the metro station?

No, don't think so. But they talked to him and didn't get any answers as to Relisha.

Not sure if true but someone on twitter saying Grandma will be on HLN@7pm. est. Must be Jane Valez Mitchell show.

The maternal grandmother? I am very interested in what she has to say. I don't have cable T.V. to see it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie