NC NC - William Mark Alley, 33, Lexington, 2 Feb 2000

All the note said is that:

Jackie I love you

Luc I love you

Jackie was is wife, Luc his son..but family members say Mark frequently wrote notes like this and left them for family...this could have been one of those?

would you disappear for $15-thousand??

Unlikely. But I'm thinking maybe the purported embezzlement made someone want to "get rid" of him. Evidence, or something. Like someone else really stole the money, blamed him, and with Mark missing they won't get found out.

I agree.....actually I think the missing money is a coincedence of him missing. There was something else going on -- love triangle....crimes usually happen close to home. $15-thousand is not enough to go missing

Peace pole to honor Alley, missing for 10 years

The mother of a man missing for more than 10 years is dedicating a peace pole in his honor Sunday at Wesley Heights United Methodist Church on Western Boulevard. The public is invited.

Mark Alley, the former director of the Davidson County Museum of Art, disappeared in February 2000.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article...eace-pole-to-honor-Alley-missing-for-10-years

Peace pole to honor Alley, missing for 10 years

The mother of a man missing for more than 10 years is dedicating a peace pole in his honor Sunday at Wesley Heights United Methodist Church on Western Boulevard. The public is invited.

Mark Alley, the former director of the Davidson County Museum of Art, disappeared in February 2000.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article...eace-pole-to-honor-Alley-missing-for-10-years

This is one of those cases that is always in the back of my mind. I don't know why exactly but I wonder about him often.

The John Doe in Nevada that does resemble Mark was identified as Joshua Johnson.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified7.html

This is puzzling. Mark's photo is captioned FOUND at Hill Country Crimestoppers but his NamUs entry is still active - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/105/
http://www.hillcountryareacrimestoppers.com/missing.aspx
20070128023634.jpg
Missing As Of: 2/2/2000
Last Known Location
Lexington, North Carolina (USA)
Name: William Mark Alley
Nickname: Unknown
Sex: Male Race: Caucasian
Height: 6ft 0in Weight: 180 lbs
Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Case: 12345678
The goatee may have been shaved.

Mark has been missing for 15 years now.

Still nothing? He is still lost. Someone knows where he is. Have you heard anything on this?

4637DMNC - William Mark Alley
4637DMNC.jpg

Name: William Mark Alley
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: February 02, 2000
Location Last Seen: Lexington, Davidson County, North Carolina

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 15, 1966
Race: White
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 - 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears contacts

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Usually wears blue jeans, brown canvas coat with leather collar
Jewelry: Gold wedding band, thick gold chain necklace, and possibly a gold watch
Additional Personal Items: Contacts

Circumstances of Disappearance
William was last seen at Davidson County Museum of Art on February 2, 2000. After being confronted by his coworkers over approximately $14,750 that was missing, he resigned his position. He left at approximately 11 a.m. and disappeared. His wife reported him missing when he failed to pick up their child from the babysitter. He left all of his belongings and he left his wife a note. Two weeks after he disappeared, authorities issued an arrest warrant for him. His family is offering a $10,000 reward for information.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Davidson County Sheriff's Dept.
Agency Contact Person: Capt Anthony Roberson
Agency Phone Number: (336) 242-2123
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 105

Information Source(s)
NamUs
4637DMNC - William Mark Alley

I have the impression that they made it disappear due to the supposed fraud to the museum but it's too little money to leave everything behind... as they said above there is a love triangle of what kind we don't know... whatever it is, rest in peace

• william_mark_alley_2.jpg
  • william_mark_alley_3.jpg
  • william_mark_alley_4.jpg
  • william_mark_alley_6.jpg
  • william_mark_alley_7.jpg
Alley, circa 2000
  • Missing Since 02/02/2000
  • Missing From Lexington, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/15/1966 (57)
  • Age 33 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 175 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold wedding band, a thick gold chain necklace, and a gold watch. Clothing unknown, but he usually wears blue jeans and a brown canvas coat with a leather collar.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, blue/hazel eyes. Alley may have a mustache, beard or a goatee. He goes by his middle name, Mark. Alley wears contact lenses.

Details of Disappearance​

Alley was the director of the Davidson County Museum of Art in North Carolina for five years. He resigned from his position on February 2, 2000 after being confronted by co-workers regarding approximately $14,750 that was missing from the museum's bank accounts. Alley was last seen leaving his office at approximately 11:00 a.m. His wife reported him as a missing person when he failed to pick up their young child from the babysitter's home. He has never been heard from again.

Alley left all of his personal belongings at his family's residence on Becks Church Road in Lexington, North Carolina. His checkbook was found inside the home and the couple's vehicle was parked in their driveway. He left a note for his wife when he vanished; its contents have not been released.

Authorities issued an arrest warrant for Alley on February 16, 2000, two weeks after he disappeared. He was charged with embezzling the missing money from the museum. Investigators are not certain if Alley fled voluntarily or if other forces were involved in his case, but his family believes he met with foul play.

Investigating Agency​

• Davidson County Sheriff's Department
  • 336-242-2105
  • 336-242-2123

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 21, 2006; picture added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back