'Ghost yacht' found off Australia

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A new Marie-Celeste.

Emergency services in Australia have launched a search for the three-man crew of a yacht found drifting off the North Queensland coast.

The vessel was found with its engine running, and a table laid for dinner, but there were no signs of any people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6574547.stm

I have heard tell the north pole is shifting — is the Bermuda Triangle shifting too?

here is a creepy poem about a deserted lighthouse. it's long and here i include one verse:

FLANNAN ISLE

Yet, as we crowded through the door,
We only saw a table, spread
For dinner, meat and cheese and bread;
But all untouch'd; and no one there:
As though, when they sat down to eat,
Ere they could even taste,
Alarm had come; and they in haste
Had risen and left the bread and meat:
For on the table-head a chair
Lay tumbled on the floor.
We listen'd; but we only heard
The feeble cheeping of a bird
That starved upon its perch:
And, listening still, without a word,
We set about our hopeless search.

http://www.poetry-archive.com/g/flannan_isle.html

I posted about this on our Aussie thread (didn't think anyone else would be interested, sorry!) as soon as I saw the article on msn today I instantly thought- Mary Celeste!

ps Floh, the poles are shifting yes.

here is a creepy poem about a deserted lighthouse. it's long and here i include one verse:

FLANNAN ISLE

Yet, as we crowded through the door,
We only saw a table, spread
For dinner, meat and cheese and bread;
But all untouch'd; and no one there:
As though, when they sat down to eat,
Ere they could even taste,
Alarm had come; and they in haste
Had risen and left the bread and meat:
For on the table-head a chair
Lay tumbled on the floor.
We listen'd; but we only heard
The feeble cheeping of a bird
That starved upon its perch:
And, listening still, without a word,
We set about our hopeless search.

http://www.poetry-archive.com/g/flannan_isle.html

Thanks for sharing :)

Wow--that's WILD! I came over here as soon as I saw the story! (I'm so glad you guys were already here!)

From that latest link above:

"Meteorologists have ruled out the possibility a freak wave swept the three men overboard.
"Footage taken out at sea shows...three black fenders dangling off its port side....fenders [are] usually only used when one vessel [is] pulling up alongside another."

There's no new news this morning but I will keep you guys posted on this-

Three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board, but no life rafts.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/20/australia.ghostship.reut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

This article caught my eye and I had to read it even before checking my email. Let's hope by some miracle these three men turn up on the missing rafts.

According to the msn article:

The catamaran's dingy was still attached, police said, but this was disputed by emergency services crew out at the scene at dawn today who said there was no lifeboat to be seen.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=75417

:confused:

People dont just disappear in thin air, my theory is also pirates, as I have heard that this still happens in our waters. But what would they want the three guys for, Hosages maybe, we might hear something if that is the case, I hope they return safe and sound. Their families must be going through hell, it the waiting and not knowing at the moment that is so frustrating. Please let them be safe.

Yes, I think pirates also or an accident. i do not think this will end well, sorry to say..
I agree Kazz, its a very sad story.
It was said that one of men is a poor swimmer and there is one that cant swim.

I sent this story to a friend and he said he thinks pirates would have stolen more. The laptop, etc.... but still, what else could it be??

I sent this story to a friend and he said he thinks pirates would have stolen more. The laptop, etc.... but still, what else could it be??
Yes, I think that is right. I think an accident is more likely. I remember seeing Greta Van Susteran discussing a case where A man went missing in a small boat and he just dissappeared off the face of the world.But they found the boat.... it happens but not usually to 3 people at once...

Maybe Aliens got them or maybe they went through a time vortex :eek:

Seriously though- very wierd -and why would you go out to sea in a boat if you couldn't swim- that's madness, anything could happen- and it looks like it did

There was a Stephen King movie I saw on TV about an airplane that went through what they called a time rip, I believe. Spooky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back